Mars-Hydro LED Grow Light Discussion

:whoa::whoa: HELP

After couple days into bloom 12-12, light stayed on today for 16.5 hours(big closet), just put it off manually,timer from the 300w didnt go out,changed all last night an half hour later when :tokin: :hmmmm:

The first 4 weeks are the most important, so was wandering if this could have done harm?
Since you caught it so quickly you should be fine.....:circle-of-love:
Hi guys!

I want to get affordable LEDs and came across the 300W "old model" types on various sites including ebay.
I have a few questions before I buy:

* There are those with 100 LEDs x3W and then a similar model with 60 LEDs x5W.

What is the difference and which ones should I buy?

On ebay there are vendors called "marshydro-uk", "marshydro-de" etc. I am aware that buying from ebay means only one year warranty, but the price is just too good to pass. (Budget is limited). I am just wondering whether those vendors are actually the Marshydro guys and not some vendors trying to sell cheap knock-offs. (From looking at it they seem genuine?)

I am planning to grow in a small greenhouse. Is it correct that I cannot use any drip-system with those lights because they're not waterproof?

Are there other brands/vendors in this price range which sell "decent" 300W lights? I am aware that €100-ish for a 300W LED would likely not give me "top-of-the-line", but as long as the lights are decent I think I should be ok?

Cheers,

G.
I just purchased one of the 300w panels (60x5w) you are referring to and I think they are excellent lights for the money..... A few pages back Sara mentioned they had a few of them left on Cramazon and Flea Bay but that they were having to sell them under cost and would not have them on this site any longer.... I have mine in a 4'x4' tent with 2 Mars II 400's and a 144x5w reflector and IMO it is a kick ass little light... Obviously the 5w panel is going to give you better penetration and that is the one I purchased..... I almost wish I had gotten more than 1 of them but wanted to check them out first and they don't have switches on them like the reflector series and the 60x5w only has the 1 fan but it doesn't put out very much heat at all.... IMO for the money... it is the deal of the century...:yahoo:.....:circle-of-love:

IMO for the money... it is the deal of the century...:yahoo:.....:circle-of-love:

Do I see this right that one 300W panel would be "ok" for an area like max. 2.5ft x 2.5ft (ie. approx 70cm x 70cm) which would be "ok" for like 6-8 of our pots? Mind you we have them in a greenhouse so they get some real sun as well in addition but far from enough.

Do I see this right that one 300W panel would be "ok" for an area like max. 2.5ft x 2.5ft (ie. approx 70cm x 70cm) which would be "ok" for like 6-8 of our pots? Mind you we have them in a greenhouse so they get some real sun as well in addition but far from enough.

Depends on the size of the pots. In my 3'3"x3'3" (1 m sq) tent, I have 4 plants. That is under a Mars 900. The 300w panel draws about 150 real w. You want 35-50w / sqft. This light will give you about 25. (2.5x2.5=6.25sqft 150/6.25=24w/sqft). That will probably be fine for veg, but I think you will need more for flower. :peace:

Depends on the size of the pots. In my 3'3"x3'3" (1 m sq) tent, I have 4 plants. That is under a Mars 900. The 300w panel draws about 150 real w. You want 35-50w / sqft. This light will give you about 25. (2.5x2.5=6.25sqft 150/6.25=24w/sqft). That will probably be fine for veg, but I think you will need more for flower. :peace:

Well I am afraid more than two of those 300W panels we can't afford right now, I figure that any light added would be better than what we have right now. Possibly with those LEDs and the natural light added it's "sufficient", at least for that price. (Anything better/more watts etc. would already be much more expensive)

Well I am afraid more than two of those 300W panels we can't afford right now, I figure that any light added would be better than what we have right now. Possibly with those LEDs and the natural light added it's "sufficient", at least for that price. (Anything better/more watts etc. would already be much more expensive)

Absolutely. Start with what you can and add to it when you can. Look and Antic's threads. He has done great with the old model 300s!!! :peace:

I am sorry. I just reread your post. If you are getting 2 of these lights, you are perfect!!! 48w/sqft!!!! Go for it!!! :peace:

Hello uptosumpn, all our chips are using the standard ones, it might be some color mixture, and you checked the lights in different color. :circle-of-love:
By the way, can you tell me how you use the light? :circle-of-love: around 18~24inches? Can you share more information?
the standard ones??? do you mean standard spectrum?? these are 5w led's , correct?? (because they seem to perform like 3w!)
and I dont understand you....different color?? I think you are asking if the led's are a different color? If so, then YES 13 of the 60 led's in each panel are a yellowish/pale green color... the rest of the 60 led count is 14 blue and 33 red...dont have a lux meter so cant know what these are really putting out...hope some one with one will test it and post it someday... BUT as you said in your post.."all our chips are using the standard ones". If this is true, then shouldn't these 60x5 panels shine deep pink/purple glow just like the mars ll panels...ie 400 700 900 and 1600 since these all use standard spectrum?? anyways, I have these 2 panels in a 32" x 32" x 63" tent so it is def enough light for the space..plants just seem to have not responded to light..currently in veg stage, day 63,(previously under 150hps) and growth has completely stopped...now to be fair, it was just 1 panel that was 30" from tops for about 5 days(put it @ that height so plant can get used to LED's, I guess....? So my second panel arrived today and now I haved dropped them to 18" to see if i get a responce... I really need these 2 little panels to perform for me on what i intended them to do for this tent, (autos fem pollen making, breeding, ect..) I opted for THESE panels because they are small with 5W LEDS! but they have these weird 13 leds colors never seen befoe....HELP!

Hello Uptosumpn

Can you post a picture of your girls under the lights? I am running a M2 900 and the pictures come out the purple you speak of but when I am just looking at them, I see green, just a different green than under CFLs or natural sunlight

It will be fine ganjazz, :circle-of-love:
:whoa::whoa: HELP

After couple days into bloom 12-12, light stayed on today for 16.5 hours(big closet), just put it off manually,timer from the 300w didnt go out,changed all last night an half hour later when :tokin: :hmmmm:

The first 4 weeks are the most important, so was wandering if this could have done harm?

High SmokingYoda, I just checked your order, you placed more than one order :circle-of-love: only one is successful and we have provided you the tracking numbers, if you don't get it, please contact: service@mars-hydro.com:high-five: Other orders either cancelled or payment did not make successfully, so we did not arrange shipment. :circle-of-love:
Hi Sara, my order number is 6098. I understand wait times and everything else I just didn't expect not to have my product by now. I'm 5 days behind with 2 seedlings not making it due to my t5s breaking while being hung :( plus with the way my mail man operates the day my package is to arrive I technically won't get it until the following day if I can make it before they close. This is why I need tracking so I can plan to leave work to pick up. I ordered on the 12th and money was taking out of my account on the 13 and been told twice tracking was sent. I got no issues with mars hydro. I think the owner and you Sara are great and go above and beyond but sometimes there's these flukes that don't pan out the way they should, not our fault just the roll if the dice. I can't wait a unknown X amount of days any more. Please mars hydro let's get this sorted out

Great :high-five:
Absolutely! I have a tracking number.
I will take pictures when it arrives.
Happy Day . . .:high-five:
Thanks so much.

:surf:

. . . what i got going in the garden today, this is with a 250w cfl.
click thumbnail thingy

High flexy123, welcome stopping by :circle-of-love: The 100x3w lights is the old type of old model, while the 60x5w one is the upgrated 300w one. :circle-of-love: The difference is the 60x5w uses 5watt chips so penetration is better, also the size of the 60x5w is relatively smaller than the 100x3w ones. Hope this is clear. :love:
By the way, you can order the light from the two stores below, they all sell our lights. :high-five:
We are selling these lights at quite low price now, please order freely :circle-of-love:
Hi guys!

I want to get affordable LEDs and came across the 300W "old model" types on various sites including ebay.
I have a few questions before I buy:

* There are those with 100 LEDs x3W and then a similar model with 60 LEDs x5W.

What is the difference and which ones should I buy?

On ebay there are vendors called "marshydro-uk", "marshydro-de" etc. I am aware that buying from ebay means only one year warranty, but the price is just too good to pass. (Budget is limited). I am just wondering whether those vendors are actually the Marshydro guys and not some vendors trying to sell cheap knock-offs. (From looking at it they seem genuine?)

I am planning to grow in a small greenhouse. Is it correct that I cannot use any drip-system with those lights because they're not waterproof?

Are there other brands/vendors in this price range which sell "decent" 300W lights? I am aware that €100-ish for a 300W LED would likely not give me "top-of-the-line", but as long as the lights are decent I think I should be ok?

Cheers,

G.
:circle-of-love: Thank you ganjazz
The 5w have better penetration, so if you grow taller that would be better.

-------------------------

I'm interested in the old models to (got a new idea)

2PCS 300W Grow Light Full Spectrum 5W LED Hydroponic Lamp 130W True Watt
or
2PCS 180W UFO Led Grow Light For Veg Bloom 3w Leds 105W True Watt

Send pm Sarah

:high-five: I will check and get back to you later :circle-of-love:
Hey Sara. Sent you a PM. :peace:
High browneyes1888, you did a great job there :thumb:
For the space you grow, 4pcs of 1200w can do the job, and if you use 4pcs of 1600w lights, you will get better results, lol
hi there
there is a pic of my grow room below with 4x 600w hps air cooled and 2x mars 400w in between for side lighting
i grow in coco with autos and yield between 70-90oz per grow
its in a 2metre by 2 metre grow tent
does anyone do this large scale grows with these leds? and wots the yields like? would i need the mars 1600wx4? or just the mars 1200wx4?

morning ;) :smokin: :smokin:

:circle-of-love:

:popcorn:
SAM_27391.JPG

:passitleft:

Dear tonydavis, thanks for the questions.

We have the 192x5w lights in EU warehouse now, so for EU customers, they can order them freely :thumb:
The 192x5w light is around 402w at 220v and the 900w lights is around 548w at 220v. Hope this helps

Personally I wouldnot say which series is better, they are with different design and different customers with different needs will choose different lights. :circle-of-love:
Hi Sara,
As I can see you are a Mars staff member.
Can I ask about Reflectors?

I see that you have 144 x 5 W reflector. Reflector series LED Grow Lights - Mars Hydro

My question is: do you have a 192 x 5 W version, or only 3 W?

If you have a 192 x 5 W, what is the real power draw of it at 220V?

Overall: which of your light is better Mars II series or Reflectors? And why?

What is the actual power draw of Mars II 900 W at 220V?

Thanks very much,
Cheers :)

Morning Dennise :circle-of-love:

I just purchased one of the 300w panels (60x5w) you are referring to and I think they are excellent lights for the money..... A few pages back Sara mentioned they had a few of them left on Cramazon and Flea Bay but that they were having to sell them under cost and would not have them on this site any longer.... I have mine in a 4'x4' tent with 2 Mars II 400's and a 144x5w reflector and IMO it is a kick ass little light... Obviously the 5w panel is going to give you better penetration and that is the one I purchased..... I almost wish I had gotten more than 1 of them but wanted to check them out first and they don't have switches on them like the reflector series and the 60x5w only has the 1 fan but it doesn't put out very much heat at all.... IMO for the money... it is the deal of the century...:yahoo:.....:circle-of-love:
For veg, one is okay, but during flower, the light might be not enough :circle-of-love:
Thank you supergroomer :circle-of-love:
You can order one light first and grow veg first, also save money in this mean time for another one, lol :love:
:high-five:
Absolutely. Start with what you can and add to it when you can. Look and Antic's threads. He has done great with the old model 300s!!! :peace:

Can you share a picture with us? Thank you :circle-of-love:
the standard ones??? do you mean standard spectrum?? these are 5w led's , correct?? (because they seem to perform like 3w!)
and I dont understand you....different color?? I think you are asking if the led's are a different color? If so, then YES 13 of the 60 led's in each panel are a yellowish/pale green color... the rest of the 60 led count is 14 blue and 33 red...dont have a lux meter so cant know what these are really putting out...hope some one with one will test it and post it someday... BUT as you said in your post.."all our chips are using the standard ones". If this is true, then shouldn't these 60x5 panels shine deep pink/purple glow just like the mars ll panels...ie 400 700 900 and 1600 since these all use standard spectrum?? anyways, I have these 2 panels in a 32" x 32" x 63" tent so it is def enough light for the space..plants just seem to have not responded to light..currently in veg stage, day 63,(previously under 150hps) and growth has completely stopped...now to be fair, it was just 1 panel that was 30" from tops for about 5 days(put it @ that height so plant can get used to LED's, I guess....? So my second panel arrived today and now I haved dropped them to 18" to see if i get a responce... I really need these 2 little panels to perform for me on what i intended them to do for this tent, (autos fem pollen making, breeding, ect..) I opted for THESE panels because they are small with 5W LEDS! but they have these weird 13 leds colors never seen befoe....HELP!
Thank you Celt :circle-of-love:
Hello Uptosumpn

Can you post a picture of your girls under the lights? I am running a M2 900 and the pictures come out the purple you speak of but when I am just looking at them, I see green, just a different green than under CFLs or natural sunlight

Back
Top Bottom