Mars-Hydro LED Grow Light Discussion

:cheesygrinsmiley::cheesygrinsmiley: :circle-of-love: :passitleft:
morning ;) :smokin: :smokin:

:circle-of-love:

:popcorn:
SAM_27391.JPG

:passitleft:

Just got an email from UPS that the train my replacement light was being sent on got derailed. So, I am not going to accept the package and I have e-mailed Lucy for a refund. I understand it's not this companies fault for a train getting derailed but I just can't wait any longer to get my operation started. It's now been over a month since I made my first purchase, had to send those back because they weren't functioning properly and now there is no set delivery date for when the replacement lights will arrive. I was really looking forward to using the product because I've heard good things about this company but I'm going to have to dispute the charge with my bank if no refund is willing to be given. I don't want the shipping figured out because I am not going to accept a light that was on a derailed train and is probably broken, that I will have to spend my money again to send back. I just need a refund for the 440$ I was originally charged and I will refuse the lights whenever they do come, or I am going to dispute the charges with my bank by the end of this week.
Hopefully something can be done about this asap.

- I will remove this post once I get my refund as promised to Lucy

We are extremely sorry to hear that the train got derailed in the way, and maybe more people's packages' delivery have been delayed because of this unexpected accident. :Namaste: It is all beyond our control, and for now, we can only wish everyone in the train is safe and all the package will be delivered ASAP.
Now I am sure the express companies is the busiest one, and most worried ones, they need to recheck the packages and arrange delivery for you, not only the packages from our company, but also might from other companies, or maybe the things from your friends, relatives, etc, they also trying to make things back to normal soon. So I suggest we give them some patience and understanding, I am sure they won't let us down, and we will all get our packages very soon :Namaste:
As to your case Munchies, we are checking with the UPS to see if we can ask the light to be returned or not, if they can return the light back to us directly, we will give you the refund money, :circle-of-love:
Just got an email from UPS that the train my replacement light was being sent on got derailed. So, I am not going to accept the package and I have e-mailed Lucy for a refund. I understand it's not this companies fault for a train getting derailed but I just can't wait any longer to get my operation started. It's now been over a month since I made my first purchase, had to send those back because they weren't functioning properly and now there is no set delivery date for when the replacement lights will arrive. I was really looking forward to using the product because I've heard good things about this company but I'm going to have to dispute the charge with my bank if no refund is willing to be given. I don't want the shipping figured out because I am not going to accept a light that was on a derailed train and is probably broken, that I will have to spend my money again to send back. I just need a refund for the 440$ I was originally charged and I will refuse the lights whenever they do come, or I am going to dispute the charges with my bank by the end of this week.

Okay if they can send the package back to you that would be great. But if they are unable to send it back to you, I will not be accepting the package and it will be sent to you that way. I expect a refund ASAP

considering another led for this space: height:80 depth:40 width:65cm

between those two options:

mars reflector 96 x3w
-better spectrum mix, coverage and penetration(?) than 60x5w
-easier,better for replacement parts in case default in future

or

2pieces 300W Grow Light Full Spectrum 60x5W LED Hydroponic Lamp 130W True Watt
- 5w leds
- with 2 small lights can adjust hights seperate
- price is only little bit more for two of those

:hmmmm:

May I ask, what type of light did you order? I'm thinking to buy one for myself, but don't know which one.

Thanks for the answer Sara, which actually made me very-very confused :)

I also asked this question about actual draw through your contact form
Here are the answers I received through email:
"exact draw for 192x5w at 220v should be around 397w ,
and mars 900w is around 315w at 220v"
- from email address 420grow(at)mars-hydro.com

192x5W seems okay, but I still don't understand the 900W draw...

You said 548 W, previously I got answer 315 W, and meanwhile I checked your ebay store (is it your official store?)

4th image shows ~404 W.

And also, I started a thread here.
supergroomer uses 900W and said it draws around 450W, I guess it is 110 V.

I hope you understand, that real actual draw do matters when buying a light. I really would like to see clearly, so could you please double-check these information:

1: real draw of Mars II 900 at 220 V

2: real draw of Mars II 1200 at 220 V

3: if you have data on lumen output (I really hope so :)), please tell me:
3.1: lumen at 60 cm high for 192 x 5W reflector
3.2: lumen at 60 cm high for Mars II 900
3.3: lumen at 60 cm high for Mars II 1200

4: Do the MarsII series and the Reflectors use the same type of 5 W leds? Then what is the difference? MarsII seems more powerfull. Is it?

Thanks for you asssistance,
tony

Dear tonydavis, thanks for the questions.

We have the 192x5w lights in EU warehouse now, so for EU customers, they can order them freely :thumb:
The 192x5w light is around 402w at 220v and the 900w lights is around 548w at 220v. Hope this helps

Personally I wouldnot say which series is better, they are with different design and different customers with different needs will choose different lights. :circle-of-love:

working on it :) :circle-of-love:
Okay if they can send the package back to you that would be great. But if they are unable to send it back to you, I will not be accepting the package and it will be sent to you that way. I expect a refund ASAP

Decisions decisions, lol, those will all do a great job in your space, lol :circle-of-love: I bet the lower price for 300w lights is really attractive at this moment, lol :volcano-smiley:
considering another led for this space: height:80 depth:40 width:65cm

between those two options:

mars reflector 96 x3w
-better spectrum mix, coverage and penetration(?) than 60x5w
-easier,better for replacement parts in case default in future

or

2pieces 300W Grow Light Full Spectrum 60x5W LED Hydroponic Lamp 130W True Watt
- 5w leds
- with 2 small lights can adjust hights seperate
- price is only little bit more for two of those

:hmmmm:
:circle-of-love:
ok :tokin::idea: and decided , :slide:,

It is the 1200w light on the way:Namaste:
May I ask, what type of light did you order? I'm thinking to buy one for myself, but don't know which one.
You are right, tonydavis, I made a mistake, the 900w light real draw is around 410w at 220v. :Namaste: The 548w is for the 1200w lights, :circle-of-love:
Thanks for the answer Sara, which actually made me very-very confused :)

I also asked this question about actual draw through your contact form
Here are the answers I received through email:
"exact draw for 192x5w at 220v should be around 397w ,
and mars 900w is around 315w at 220v"
- from email address 420grow(at)mars-hydro.com

192x5W seems okay, but I still don't understand the 900W draw...

You said 548 W, previously I got answer 315 W, and meanwhile I checked your ebay store (is it your official store?)
4th image shows ~404 W.

And also, I started a thread here.
supergroomer uses 900W and said it draws around 450W, I guess it is 110 V.

I hope you understand, that real actual draw do matters when buying a light. I really would like to see clearly, so could you please double-check these information:

1: real draw of Mars II 900 at 220 V

2: real draw of Mars II 1200 at 220 V

3: if you have data on lumen output (I really hope so :)), please tell me:
3.1: lumen at 60 cm high for 192 x 5W reflector
3.2: lumen at 60 cm high for Mars II 900
3.3: lumen at 60 cm high for Mars II 1200

4: Do the MarsII series and the Reflectors use the same type of 5 W leds? Then what is the difference? MarsII seems more powerfull. Is it?

Thanks for you asssistance,
tony

Morning Sara and hello Tony

I can give you a rough idea on the output of the M2 900. When I tested mine, approximately 24 inches below the light it was 27000 LUX (27000 lm/sqm) I can give you more detailed output in a couple hours after the girls wake up if you like. They are in the dark till then

Hi Celt!

Thanks for the info! I really appreciate it!
Do you grow in a tent? Do you use any reflective material?
What area do you cover with this Mars 900 light? Any additional light, fluorescent, etc?

So, right in the middle, 24 inches below the light, it was 27000lm?
I'd be really curios on the data at 50 inches below the light, in the middle, and also on the edges of your grow area! :)

Morning Sara and hello Tony

I can give you a rough idea on the output of the M2 900. When I tested mine, approximately 24 inches below the light it was 27000 LUX (27000 lm/sqm) I can give you more detailed output in a couple hours after the girls wake up if you like. They are in the dark till then

Hi Tony

This is my first grow so I am still learning and adapting as I go. I converted our old cold room into my grow room. I have one end closed off for the actual grow space. The grow space is roughly 3'6" square and the walls were covered with mylar survival blankets for reflectivity.

I actually started with a 25 light clf hood using 23w cfls before I bought the M2 900

Hi Celt,

'am even more curios about those lumen data, because it is the same what I actually plan! Close off one end of a small room to create a 4' x 4' growing space, cover the walls with mylar. I think I'll go with the Mars2 900 plus 4 x 36 W fluorescent tubes on the sides horizontally...

Hello Tony

I needed to adjust my light anyway so I took some light readings for you.

Dead center below the light, my light meter maxs out at 30000 LUX between 18 and 26" below the light. The numbers drop down into the 20000's outside this range.

At the edges of my grow area, the light levels are in the 5000 to 6000 LUX in the same height range, and drop off as you go outside this range.

Therefore, I would say that the best height above the canopy would be in the 18 to 26" range.

Hope this helps. It actually helped me decide where to position my light as my girls are in their 11th day of flower

My first purchase were 2 144x5 reflector series that was sent back for a replacement (approved by mars ). Then I worked it out with Lucy ( mars rep ) to get a mars II 1200w as a replacement, which I never received. Mars hydro would have also owed me around $20 because of the price difference of the original purchase between order #1 and the replacement light. But nothing has been done about that either

And Sara has responded many times and is obviously working as hard as she can to rectify this situation... I do understand your angst as you need the light and the number of mishaps you have had with your order would be very frustrating.... but ya gotta admit.. a train derailment certainly is not the fault of M-H...:straightface: I'm certain Sara will take care of the issues you are dealing with but honestly.... you have to admit she has done everything humanly possible to make you happy... Please understand that I too would be upset and would want things straightened out... Patience is not one of my better virtues... but honestly Sara has sent me over 20 lights over the past year and a half and I have not had a single problem that was not immediately handled but you also have to take in to consideration the time differences in China and give them the opportunity to make this right for you and again I have no doubt that Sara will make this right for you..... I love my M-H's and I'm a real person...:yahoo:.....:circle-of-love:

Back
Top Bottom