Mars-Hydro LED Grow Light Discussion

THANKS! Oh, the other one is a afgani. freebie...reg seed, so dont know if it will be kept..it is 4wks old and was super stressed on purpose..topped once, sipercropped main stem twice...lol

Cutting, topping them doesn't seem to stress them. I cut my indoor girls quite severely for clones for friends and my son-in-law. One girl was cut 3 times about 2 wks apart and about 50 clones taken from her.

Here's how they look 2 1/2 wks later at 10 days into flower
IMG_009037.JPG

IMG_008831.JPG

IMG_008746.JPG

BTW most of that picture is of the one girl that was cut 3 times. Kind of looks like a SCROG but it was originally intended to be a "main-lining" but that went by the wayside when I was asked for so many clones. So instead, they are stretched and tied with plant ties to even out the canopy

BTW most of that picture is of the one girl that was cut 3 times. Kind of looks like a SCROG but it was originally intended to be a "main-lining" but that went by the wayside when I was asked for so many clones. So instead, they are stretched and tied with plant ties to even out the canopy

Just read your journal, doing good there :thumb:

Please check the lumens on our website, thank you :circle-of-love:
Thanks!

And any info on the lumens, please? :)
Thank you Celt, :thumb: sharing is caring. :passitleft:
Morning Sara and hello Tony

I can give you a rough idea on the output of the M2 900. When I tested mine, approximately 24 inches below the light it was 27000 LUX (27000 lm/sqm) I can give you more detailed output in a couple hours after the girls wake up if you like. They are in the dark till then
Usually we don't put the light at 50inches high above the plants, usually 12~30inches. :Namaste:
Hi Celt!

Thanks for the info! I really appreciate it!
Do you grow in a tent? Do you use any reflective material?
What area do you cover with this Mars 900 light? Any additional light, fluorescent, etc?

So, right in the middle, 24 inches below the light, it was 27000lm?
I'd be really curios on the data at 50 inches below the light, in the middle, and also on the edges of your grow area! :)
:circle-of-love:
Hi Tony

This is my first grow so I am still learning and adapting as I go. I converted our old cold room into my grow room. I have one end closed off for the actual grow space. The grow space is roughly 3'6" square and the walls were covered with mylar survival blankets for reflectivity.

I actually started with a 25 light clf hood using 23w cfls before I bought the M2 900
Your plan is good, our 900w lights with 4pcs 36w side lights will absolutely do the job :high-five:
Hi Celt,

'am even more curios about those lumen data, because it is the same what I actually plan! Close off one end of a small room to create a 4' x 4' growing space, cover the walls with mylar. I think I'll go with the Mars2 900 plus 4 x 36 W fluorescent tubes on the sides horizontally...

Thank you Celt, you are the best :thumb:
Hello Tony

I needed to adjust my light anyway so I took some light readings for you.

Dead center below the light, my light meter maxs out at 30000 LUX between 18 and 26" below the light. The numbers drop down into the 20000's outside this range.

At the edges of my grow area, the light levels are in the 5000 to 6000 LUX in the same height range, and drop off as you go outside this range.

Therefore, I would say that the best height above the canopy would be in the 18 to 26" range.

Hope this helps. It actually helped me decide where to position my light as my girls are in their 11th day of flower
Thanks very much!

Very Welcome Sara

I love the lights and am always willing to help when and where I can.

Later this fall when money is more readily available for my "projects" :laughtwo: I will definitely be ordering more Mars lights...considering 4 1600s or maybe some of the new ones that are yet unavailable to us LOL

Dear Munchies, really sorry about all the things you have been through, we know the delay caused you a lot trouble, we don't want this happen, too. :circle-of-love: We are trying to contact the UPS, but till now, no any feedback yet. :(
My first purchase were 2 144x5 reflector series that was sent back for a replacement (approved by mars ). Then I worked it out with Lucy ( mars rep ) to get a mars II 1200w as a replacement, which I never received. Mars hydro would have also owed me around $20 because of the price difference of the original purchase between order #1 and the replacement light. But nothing has been done about that either
If we did not stop the light from sending to you, please help us reject sign for it, thank you :circle-of-love:
I have sent your company my paypal dispute request, waiting for your response :circle-of-love:
Thank you Dennise. :Namaste::circle-of-love:
And Sara has responded many times and is obviously working as hard as she can to rectify this situation... I do understand your angst as you need the light and the number of mishaps you have had with your order would be very frustrating.... but ya gotta admit.. a train derailment certainly is not the fault of M-H...:straightface: I'm certain Sara will take care of the issues you are dealing with but honestly.... you have to admit she has done everything humanly possible to make you happy... Please understand that I too would be upset and would want things straightened out... Patience is not one of my better virtues... but honestly Sara has sent me over 20 lights over the past year and a half and I have not had a single problem that was not immediately handled but you also have to take in to consideration the time differences in China and give them the opportunity to make this right for you and again I have no doubt that Sara will make this right for you..... I love my M-H's and I'm a real person...:yahoo:.....:circle-of-love:
Thank you supergroomer. PM checked, will get back to you later :high-five:
Dennise is right. Dealing with the time difference is a pain in the you know what. I send Sara a PM. She gets to it around 1am my time, by the time I respond at 7 or 8 am she is home making dinner and getting ready for bed so I wait till the next night to hear. A pain, yes. But that is the deal with working between US and China. I think Sara does an awesome job in trying to handle all the situations that come up. I am not very active on other boards, but I am sure she is. I am sure this will work out in the end. :peace:

Yes, the time difference is a headache, :Namaste: if you cannot get through the phone, please write us email next time, we will get back to you ASAP. :high-five:
I tryed call her 2days ago for some info , but didn't know it was 00:01 midnight than there :oops: :blushsmile: (she sleeping)

The timezone difference can be small hurdle in communication sometimes, nevertheless their service was always fast and good to me.

Sorry Munchies, we wanna make things 100% perfect, but it is not that easy, sometimes, there are a lot things stops us, and we are trying so hard to make things right, right now I just hope we can do better and better service in the future, :circle-of-love:
I cannot say we are the company give the best service today, but I am sure we are always doing better jobs than the past. :Namaste:
I wasn't bashing Sara or mars hydro in anyway, I have acquaintances who have their products and I have been treated well through the customer service. The lights I had to send back arrived defective and unable to use ( not my fault ) I shipped my purchase back to their repair facility (which is within 3-4 hours drive from my location ) I purchased one day shipping, with insurance to them...

It took an entire WEEK to even get an email they received the package at the repair facility. Which is quite a long time in my opinion to get conformation my package ( sent with one day shipping ) had been delivered to the facility where they repair products.

And yes I understand the ups train de-railing is out of anyone's control. But that happening and now having no information of expected delivery is another delay that I cannot have. Who knows what the condition of the light is considering it was a train accident, I am not going to wait to receive the package and then find out it has been damaged so I can spend additional money to have it returned again. Then wait for the repair facility to receive it and so on....

I meant no dis respect to anyone affiliated with MH. I am just stating with this series of unfortunate events I just want a refund. I don't have the money nor time to keep waiting.

Sorry if anyone was offended but that's what the situation is.

High joy, nice to see you here again. :circle-of-love:
Please turn both switches on during flower stage:thanks: If only the bloom switch on, the fan won't work :circle-of-love:
At first, you put the light around 18'' above your plants, as long as your plants don't reject the light, you can hang it closer :thumb:
As to the huminity, hmm... how about add some desiccant in, it should not be expensive, lol
hey there everyone! ive got some questions to ask.

1)During bloom cycle, should I have only the bloom switch turned on, or is it best effect to have both switches on? (reflector series)
Also, I read that the lights should be closer(around 12") during bloom. How gradually should they be moved down ?(currently they're at 18")

2)my humidity has been around between 65-80% sometimes even 85 but rarely. im really freaking out. but i simply cant afford a dehumidfier. this is because its humid now in this season. not because of lack of circulation of air in the room
any ideas what i shoudl do during flower? thnks
(my exhaust and intake are doing fine. the temps are great. during veg, humidity was between 30-65%. it seems that now since the plants are bigger, and in larger pots, and also theres been a big increase in humidity outside, that seems have gotten complicated)
Thank you ganjazz :circle-of-love:
1) Just leave both switches on all the time, grow and bloom,
I dont put lights to high above plants but watch when adjust they still got the full spectrum/coverage from the light

2) Humidity is in my growroom also on the higher edge 60-70%(in bloom - watered yesterday) although have good ventilation, but there doing just fine

cheers
As far as height for the light, flip it and leave it at 18" for a few days. Then lower it a couple inches at a time. If you get to close, you will lose some of the spectrum from the light. I would not go closer then 12" and you may want to stay at 15-18" to keep the coverage good. :peace:
:circle-of-love: hgih arellanobrian
I agree you will get better results with both switches on, only for germ and early veg do I keep only the veg switch on. And I wouldn't get any closer than 12 inches from the canopy for best spectrum mix and coverage

Thank you Kriaze :circle-of-love:
The fans only come on with the veg (grow) switch. If you turn it off they'll be off, you definitely don't want that :) Both switches for bloom :thumb:

Morning uptosumpn :circle-of-love:
Hmmm, Interesting....I will post a pic, give me a min.....
Plants are growing relative slower under LED than that under HPS, but buds will grow denser :circle-of-love:
here is my 60x5 light when arrived...just a cpl of pics and my little idea for a secure/strong hanging attachment and to make light hang closer to roof (saves about 5" vs supplied cables mars sends)
20150619_134644.jpg
20150619_134611.jpg
20150619_140603.jpg
20150619_140756.jpg
20150619_142132.jpg

^^^^
I guess when you take pics the color gives that glow I was referring too?? so does this means everyones led's shine lighter than what we see on pics here?? will take a pic of lights over plants and see it the color is any diff!! because i swear....since putting under these leds, my growth haved stopped....its been about a week since...,(but was jus one panel) Now I have both panels and have lowered to 16" yesterday, so waiting to see...trust me when it was under that 150, my shoots were "SHOOTING"!* LOL...just tyring to figure it all out....still havent hokked up my 2 144x5's yet! (waitng on filter/fan)
Thank you Celt. you are definitely right :thumb:
Have your girls "stopped" growing, or just appear slower growing? With the intensity of the LEDs, plants tend to grow "tighter", less space between nodes. And tighter is definitely better in MOST things LOL

:passitleft:
thats a good idea to make it hang shorter,

Hope you can grow well onder those, could be some stress from change light that plants has slowed temporarely or from the intensity of the light like TheCelt says.

Ordered twoo same lights btw, happy to recieve and try them soon ;)
Don't worry uptosumpn, you will be satisfied when you taste the results, lol :cheesygrinsmiley:
real slow growing....and didnt think about that! LOL...forgot LED's DO grow plants differently than HPS.....:high-five: thanks for reminding me....DUHHH....
ANYWAYS, here's are a cpl of pics of how they look under leds...Pineapple kUSH, day 66 of veg from seed, topped @5th node , then topped 5 more times then supercropped those, all under a 150hps in a 1gal tree pot, jus potted up today to a 7gal..will add mini scrog & let veg for another 2 weeks, <MAYBE! (because i know they are gonna blast off when flipped plus being put in a bigger pot!) then 24-48hrs of darkness then......FLIP to 12/12...BUT gonna drop light schd to 16/8 last week of veg..(BTW, been on 20/4 schd since started then changed to 18/6 2wks ago)
20150624_1824031.jpg
20150624_182328.jpg
20150624_182317.jpg
Yes they are :circle-of-love:
Very nice looking plants Uptosumpn
:Namaste:
i hope so too! this set-up is really for autos, but since i was bored until i got everything for my lil grow op, including auto seeds, i decided to just pop this lone Pineapple Kush bean i came across by accident...and figured might as well put these two 60x5 panels to work now! hopefully 300w of true watts came make this PK produce a decent yield....5w leds + 2mo organic veg + 2 mo flower + 7gal fabric pot = ?gms dry????
and yeah, I believe the change of the light from HPS to LED may have had something to do with slowing/stopping them..stressing them as you said...
Def let me kno when you get your 2 panels and post up some pics and grow!! Peace!
THANKS! Oh, the other one is a afgani. freebie...reg seed, so dont know if it will be kept..it is 4wks old and was super stressed on purpose..topped once, sipercropped main stem twice...lol

High randy, I believe we also have the 96x5w lights available now, :high-five: Order freely on our website :thanks:
Hello Sara,
Have any of the other reflector series lights in the US warehouse switched to 5 watt or still just the 144 X 5.

:high-five:
Going to use those panels for autos also(3 smaller plants scrog) :)

Difficult to say what harvest you'l get, depends on too many factors,and started 6weeks ago first grow ;)

Stress from change to led could be yes.

Expect those 2 panels friday or monday delivered, will give an update later in grow journal.

:grinjoint:
Looking very nice there Celt:thumb:
Cutting, topping them doesn't seem to stress them. I cut my indoor girls quite severely for clones for friends and my son-in-law. One girl was cut 3 times about 2 wks apart and about 50 clones taken from her.

Here's how they look 2 1/2 wks later at 10 days into flower
IMG_009037.JPG

IMG_008831.JPG

IMG_008746.JPG
:cheesygrinsmiley: haha, nice job, :bravo:
:passitleft: I believe you will also do a great job, lol
Just read your journal, doing good there :thumb:
Thanks ganjazz

Haha, the 1600w light is our best seller, lol :cheesygrinsmiley: Maybe then the Cree is also available, who knows, :circle-of-love:
Very Welcome Sara

I love the lights and am always willing to help when and where I can.

Later this fall when money is more readily available for my "projects" :laughtwo: I will definitely be ordering more Mars lights...considering 4 1600s or maybe some of the new ones that are yet unavailable to us LOL

Back
Top Bottom