Mars-Hydro LED Grow Light Discussion

Morning Celt, :passitleft: thanks for the sharing, I love to see this from the beginning of a Week, :volcano-smiley: :cheesygrinsmiley:
Eye candy for you on a Monday morning Sara

The Bomb girls in day 14 of flower under a M2 900
IMG_010345.JPG

I am sure you will be satisfied :cheesygrinsmiley: So far the test with the project is far better than that with Epistar chips, lol :thumb:
Depends on how much better lumen/watt Cree has over Epistar and how much more lumen/dollar Cree will end up costing us.
We are applying for the patent not only in China, we will applying for the patent for all around the world, so no body will copy our lights, only our company has this. :circle-of-love:
Haha, are you saying that someone actually enforces patents in China? Isn't eBay full of all kinds of fakes and no one can do anything about it, not even the big companies? :p Everyone is copying off everyone else :D
Right now there are 128pcs of chips on the light, so the draw power is not that big, but the light is already very strong, trust me, it is only the first step, more Cree lights will be developed in the future, :cheesygrinsmiley: :cheer:
So just based on the size of the product, I would guess it'll be around 400-500W draw power?
Haha, yes, the light is a strong monster, lol :cheer:
First of all, Wow! the Cree XHP70 is a total beast of a white led! 4-dies on single 7x7mm package and 32W maximum power with 4022 lumen output. Nice! :) How the heck are you gonna keep these cool? :p Interesting design choice that you would mix such high power diodes with the XP-E diodes which are only 3.5W each.
You were right, plants need the wavelength as the below picture shows to produce the chlorophyll a & b. So far we have the XPE series 630nm, 460nm, XHP70 660nm, which is almost the same as the peak wavelengh that plants need, Cree doesn't have the 410nm, 440nm & IR, that is why we add more white lights in to compensate. :thumb:
I did a quick google image search for chlorophyll peak absorption wavelengths and all the graphs looked a lot like this:
abs.jpg

I would think that these wavelengths are the ones to focus on?

So looking at what is available for Cree XP-E:
XPE.png

So optimally you would want to focus on "Photo Red" and "Royal Blue" and throw in some "Red" too. And if using the white diodes from XP-E series, you would want a mixture of the 2600K ones and the 3700K ones.

Of course the XHP70-series has much more powerful white diodes available, that come in these two spectrums:
XHP.png

The 3000K version seems more important for growing weed, but perhaps it would be nice to have some of that 6500K for veg.
You are right oinnk :thumb: four chips in one whole and no lense :high-five:
Yeah, I prefer this over the losses/cost that a diffuser/lensing would add.

Well those diodes do not look like Cree leds? It looks like there are 4 small dies on a single package without any integrated lensing. The XP-E leds would be single die per package. So this form factor could not possibly house 128 leds if using Crees?
The timer and dimmer is added on the remote control, absolutely you can use it to turn the light on and off, lol :cheesygrinsmiley: :passitleft:
The light will have an integrated timer to turn it on and off?

High all my friends, :circle-of-love: today we just got the news that we need to increase the price of the reflector lights, I believe soon, maybe in several days, we will selling them with the increased price, so if anyone still need the reflector lights, please buy them ASAP, to save some money for yourself, lol :passitleft:

Please contact from the EB or Amazon store, to see if they can ship them from China to you my dear :circle-of-love:
Wrong the 100x3 is better , check the specs.. And the years of growers with that lamp, so im looking to get 2 of them for my 600watt grow.

will u increase the price of Mars II also? in the next two months? hope not...

High all my friends, :circle-of-love: today we just got the news that we need to increase the price of the reflector lights, I believe soon, maybe in several days, we will selling them with the increased price, so if anyone still need the reflector lights, please buy them ASAP, to save some money for yourself, lol :passitleft:

wrong .... 100X3W old model consume 170W each, not 130W as the "new old model" 60X5W

you better choose the 60X5W RootSpaGuru .... less power draw really dont mean less light intensity .... the chips are better and use less power for the same intensity. you can cover 3 square feets each, so 6 square feets with 2 of them .... so you can replace a 400W HPS with 2 panels 100X3W or 60X5W (2'X3')

Wrong. 600 W is not what you get. Actual power for these 2 x 100x3 lights are about 250-260 W total.

Good morning Sara.... I don't know about specs or any of the techy stuff but I do know I really love my little 60x5w old style light and so do my girls... The price is beyond affordable and especially if you are brand new and just trying out LEDs I think it would be a great little light for a single auto or the likes... or if you feel like you need a fill in light here and there it is perfecct.... I love my M-H's and I'm a real person...:yahoo:.....:circle-of-love:

Good morning Sara.... I don't know about specs or any of the techy stuff but I do know I really love my little 60x5w old style light and so do my girls... The price is beyond affordable and especially if you are brand new and just trying out LEDs I think it would be a great little light for a single auto or the likes... or if you feel like you need a fill in light here and there it is perfecct.... I love my M-H's and I'm a real person...:yahoo:.....:circle-of-love:

Hey Dennise. :circle-of-love: :peace:

well done!

so you visit one of their MANY ebay shops! .... with a quick search i found 5 differents ones, and there is more for sure cause there is topled for other countrys and maybe more ...... ouff

marshydro
topledgrowlight-usa
lgledsolutionslimited
easyhydro
ledhydroponic

:thedoubletake:

good news everyone I won the bid I had on eBay for a mars II 700w

Back
Top Bottom