Mars-Hydro LED Grow Light Discussion

Bud-trichome shots :yummy:
Around 3 more weeks before harvest :party:

:cheesygrinsmiley:
SAM_34762.JPG

SAM_34793.JPG

SAM_34843.JPG

:surf:

Hey Sara, are you calling me immature...?

:thedoubletake:

:hmmmm:

I have a Mars hydro II 700w light I just got in a 70cm x 70cm x 160cm Mars hydro grow tent.
My question is IS this light too strong to start vegging?
I'm in hydro ghe drip feed all parameters are perfect PH Ec and I'm getting rust spots on the 1st true leaves this is my second attempt I had to dump my 1st attempt.
Should I get with a different light and use the 700w for flowering.

700W is perfect for 80X80 ... so just little more or little less is ok.

you just need to keep the light little higher to be sure. for vegging, and if you think the light maybe little too strong ..... keep the plants 24 inchs under the light and you will be safe for any kind of light damages. 30 inchs max will be clearly enought if you want to be completly sure.

for flowering keep it at 18 inchs and you will be safe too. 15 inchs is better if all is ok.

I have a Mars hydro II 700w light I just got in a 70cm x 70cm x 160cm Mars hydro grow tent.
My question is IS this light too strong to start vegging?
I'm in hydro ghe drip feed all parameters are perfect PH Ec and I'm getting rust spots on the 1st true leaves this is my second attempt I had to dump my 1st attempt.
Should I get with a different light and use the 700w for flowering.

hello Sara,

one of your competitor on amazon compare their 300W panel to your NEW old model 300W (60X5) ....

they are CLEARLY talking about your product and this is what they say .... "poor heat dissipation, high working temperature, huge damage to the chips, short lifetime. Large light loss, 70% light remained after aging of half one year, 50% light remained after one year."

i know it maybe only competition tactics or something like that ... but please i need to know what is the light depreciation or light loss % of this product (300W 60X5) after 1 year.

you said this product use lower quality heat dissipation, chips, housing and more ... specially for heat dissipation, it seem to be a bad idea to go for low quality. the lifetime and brightness of the chips are very important.

so please, tell me more about this product (new old model 300W 60X5) and specially light loss % after 1 year ...

tyvm Sara

Mike if you look through the old posts I don't think the 60 X 5 lights have even been out more than a few months so how do we know what they will do in a year ? I have found truth in advertising and eBay are words that don't get used together often as for temps the best answer is a temp reading of both lights in the same environment in my tent the 60 x 5 was 106 - 112 f on face the Mars 2 900 was the same the reflector 144 x 5 was 96 - 98 f, exhaust air 60 X 5 was 96 f Mars 2 94-96 f depending on location reflector was 86 f.
As for the color are the lights the same NO there is more white in the 60 X 5 but there seems to be no difference in bud development or growth between any of the lights the only noticeable difference is the buds under the intensity of the 900 Watt lights want to keep growing so flower time has gotten extended but that has to do with plants that outgrew their home and kiss the light goodnight.

My tent is 6.5 X 6.5 ft and I run one 600 cfm exhaust and a 300 cfm exhaust with three 16 in circulation fans keep the temps mid 70 f lights off and mid 80's lights on, my area is a high temp (100 - 110 f ) one and in the summer it all runs.

This has been my experience with these lights not what I read or heard they are what they are a cheaper spare, or a light for fill in, or a way to start the hobby without spending a lot of cash or a light to start seeds while your main light grows plants

Thanks for the help/replies. So this a leaf I n daylight. I am on the 4th run of this, the last three under hps bulbs with no problems. Needed a bit of humbolt (can't remember product name - call mag iron) during end of explosive veg faze to green off new shoots but that is all. This last feed tank made up with 50/50 grow/flower nutes, 2ml litre cal-pro and oxy plus. Ec high at 2.8 but using very hard water n not had problem at this strength before with other lights. Used same amount of feed before but cal-pro is on top of that this time so could be nute burn I guess but never had it looking like this before. Many thanks for your input. Smile
20150725_1809072.jpg

So heres my latest and greatest. This was a weird plant, I dont think I'll do it again. It's Dutch Passion Think Different Autoflower. It stayed really short, but has some huge big fat buds on it that would probably knock someone out if they were hit over the head with one. I'm not sure if this is how this plant grows or not. I saw some bigger ones on the internet of course. I'll take the results though. I had so much sticky stuff all over me I had to use a bottle of Goo Gone to get it all off :laughtwo:

Dutch Passion Think Different Autoflower grown under Mars II 400 watt.

I love my Mars II lights, so happy I made the investment, worth every penny :amen:

:passitleft: Here Sara!

100_28792.JPG

100_28803.JPG

100_29053.JPG

100_29061.JPG

100_29083.JPG

100_29093.JPG

100_29102.JPG

100_29113.JPG

100_29121.JPG

100_2913.JPG

hi there! it looks very nice! did you grow that single plant under the light?
(I tried some dutch passion autos a couple of years ago, when all this auto stuff started, but those plants stayed some 15-20cm tall... as I see, things have changed with auto plants. maybe I'll try it again.)

:peace:

So heres my latest and greatest. This was a weird plant, I dont think I'll do it again. It's Dutch Passion Think Different Autoflower. It stayed really short, but has some huge big fat buds on it that would probably knock someone out if they were hit over the head with one. I'm not sure if this is how this plant grows or not. I saw some bigger ones on the internet of course. I'll take the results though. I had so much sticky stuff all over me I had to use a bottle of Goo Gone to get it all off :laughtwo:

Dutch Passion Think Different Autoflower grown under Mars II 400 watt.

I love my Mars II lights, so happy I made the investment, worth every penny :amen:

hi there! it looks very nice! did you grow that single plant under the light?
(I tried some dutch passion autos a couple of years ago, when all this auto stuff started, but those plants stayed some 15-20cm tall... as I see, things have changed with auto plants. maybe I'll try it again.)

:peace:

Usually autos is about all that I'll grow. They are just much easier for me, and I only grow for my personal use, so I have a lot stored up in my secret hiding places :laugh:

Yes, I always grow one plant under one light. I have 2 - 400 watters going at once in different rooms. I wanted to get one of those 700 watters when they had them on sale but I missed the sale.

Nobodyuknow.......

Nice plant there. Hope it smokes well for you.
How long did she take from sprouting until harvest?
Thanks

I usually let mine go to 11 or 12 weeks total from seed to harvest. You can tell by the leaves I let it grow a long time. I like to get that narcotic effect from my plants. Seed companies will tell you 60/70 days on seeds, but I never go by that. You can, but usually you will notice that your plants can go much longer.

This particular plant went 12 weeks. I harvested her last night 7/25 exactly on her 12 week birthday.

This was one of my last plants I grew and I let her go to 11 weeks and then I just couldnt take it anymore!

do you flower with 18 hour of light or just 12?

Usually autos is about all that I'll grow. They are just much easier for me, and I only grow for my personal use, so I have a lot stored up in my secret hiding places :laugh:

Yes, I always grow one plant under one light. I have 2 - 400 watters going at once in different rooms. I wanted to get one of those 700 watters when they had them on sale but I missed the sale.

do you flower with 18 hour of light or just 12?

I just do 18 in the summer, off time is from 12 noon until 6pm, the hottest part of the day. In the winter I go a full 20 hours until harvest because the lights help heat up the rooms. For me, just flowering an autoflower for 12 hours is a waste. The clock is still ticking and you dont have the time to waste like you do an on a photoperiod plant.

Heres my secret stash, all 100% Mars Hydro grown with the Mars II 400 watt lights. I've given away about this much, and this is whats left for myself and Sara :laugh:

:passitleft:

100_29162.JPG

The bottom jars are 2 quart jars, and the smaller ones are just a quart.

nice collection buddy! :thumb:

and u grow in a very smart way with these light hours!

how much dry grs do you pull from a plant in average? your last plant on that video?

I just do 18 in the summer, off time is from 12 noon until 6pm, the hottest part of the day. In the winter I go a full 20 hours until harvest because the lights help heat up the rooms.

Heres my secret stash, all 100% Mars Hydro grown with the Mars II 400 watt lights. I've given away about this much, and this is whats left for myself and Sara :laugh:

nice! tyvm for theses infos randy ... really appreciated.

yeah yeah, im not stupid, i know this is just ebay competition ... but i want to know if the light will last more than 1 year and how strong cause cooling is so much important in leds panels ..... with your infos, it seem very good and working as others panels. you are very kind.

just waiting on Sara to confirm if this light will last more than few months .... i think so, and hope so, cause im about to buy it :)

ty randy

Mike if you look through the old posts I don't think the 60 X 5 lights have even been out more than a few months so how do we know what they will do in a year ? I have found truth in advertising and eBay are words that don't get used together often as for temps the best answer is a temp reading of both lights in the same environment in my tent the 60 x 5 was 106 - 112 f on face the Mars 2 900 was the same the reflector 144 x 5 was 96 - 98 f, exhaust air 60 X 5 was 96 f Mars 2 94-96 f depending on location reflector was 86 f.
As for the color are the lights the same NO there is more white in the 60 X 5 but there seems to be no difference in bud development or growth between any of the lights the only noticeable difference is the buds under the intensity of the 900 Watt lights want to keep growing so flower time has gotten extended but that has to do with plants that outgrew their home and kiss the light goodnight.

My tent is 6.5 X 6.5 ft and I run one 600 cfm exhaust and a 300 cfm exhaust with three 16 in circulation fans keep the temps mid 70 f lights off and mid 80's lights on, my area is a high temp (100 - 110 f ) one and in the summer it all runs.

This has been my experience with these lights not what I read or heard they are what they are a cheaper spare, or a light for fill in, or a way to start the hobby without spending a lot of cash or a light to start seeds while your main light grows plants

What spesifically is not as good about these lights? What brand and model LED's are they? What temp do the panels operate at? Are they manufactured in a different facility, by different people, or with lower quality components? They seem to be priced just about in line with the 100x3w ($75-100), so what is different that makes the inferior, and have less warranty?

yeah yeah, im not stupid, i know this is just ebay competition ... but i want to know if the light will last more than 1 year and how strong cause cooling is so much important in leds panels ..... with your infos, it seem very good and working as others panels. you are very kind.

just waiting on Sara to confirm if this light will last more than few months .... i think so, and hope so, cause im about to buy it :)

ty randy

I've got the same questions. If the 48x5W were shipping in the US I'd have ordered a pair already, very happy with the reflector series so far. The white panels are more of an unknown. I totally get building to different price points and can deal with a cheaper housing, lack of switches, etc. But I want to at least know the diodes aren't going to be fading within a year.

nice collection buddy! :thumb:

and u grow in a very smart way with these light hours!

how much dry grs do you pull from a plant in average? your last plant on that video?

Ya know, I keep saying some day I'll buy some scales, but everytime I have extra money to invest in this project I end up needing something else, and then I get to the end and I think oops, no scales. So I really have no clue :laugh:

Thats a fine collection chronic you have there -nobodyuknow- :thumb:

---------------------

My two 60x5w working fine after 1,5 month(can't tell about durability), but happy with them :)

Thank you. You should have good luck with those lights. I see a lot of grows on Youtube where people use them and they seem to work great. I've had one of my Mars II's since Mars Hydro was TopLED, I bought right after they came out. Never had an issue with it. The 2nd one I've had about a year now, I cant remember when exactly I when bought it. I wish I had a 700 watt now :laugh:

Back
Top Bottom