Mars-Hydro LED Grow Light Discussion

:circle-of-love:Dennise, morning, so nice to see you and your plants.:circle-of-love: give to them all my love:love:
Morning Sara...:circle-of-love:
DSC021797.JPG

Hello and Good Morning or Evening wherever you are! I am back with another question for you all..

So far the ladies are off and running, I am happy with the start.
I am running (2) Mars 300 watt lamps on my seedlings there are three total the two white widow are 9 days old and I have a bubblegum strain that is 6 days old, very young. Do I need both lamps on my ladies so soon? Can I go with one LED for the rest of the veg cycle and then add the second for flower? I have heard a comment or two saying I may not need both right now, just wanted some more input on that. I'm thinking as long as taking one away won't affect the coverage of three pots (one is in a solo cup right now)then I will do that for now until I add more ventilation.
IMG_20150724_223013909.jpg

Thx Sarah! On your Website MarsHydro.com are the 3 Watt availeble only on eBay the 5 Watt! Is that not true 3 Watt Chips are better than 5 Watt Chips?

Some pepole say the Mars LED are Shit and only beginners of growing like the..... Any Grow Reports here from the Reflector ore Mars 2??? Please links please so i can see... I saw some Page bevor a Damm huge plant under the Reflector incredible Growth with the Reflector but i never See buds from the Mars LED!

On eBay are the 5 Watt Reflector are availevle 96x5 i think?

Thx Sarah! On your Website MarsHydro.com are the 3 Watt availeble only on eBay the 5 Watt! Is that not true 3 Watt Chips are better than 5 Watt Chips?

Some pepole say the Mars LED are Shit and only beginners of growing like the..... Any Grow Reports here from the Reflector ore Mars 2??? Please links please so i can see... I saw some Page bevor a Damm huge plant under the Reflector incredible Growth with the Reflector but i never See buds from the Mars LED!

On eBay are the 5 Watt Reflector are availevle 96x5 i think?

Feel free to look at the links in my signature. They are all under Mars lights and in Mars tents. :peace:

Hello and Good Morning or Evening wherever you are! I am back with another question for you all..

So far the ladies are off and running, I am happy with the start.
I am running (2) Mars 300 watt lamps on my seedlings there are three total the two white widow are 9 days old and I have a bubblegum strain that is 6 days old, very young. Do I need both lamps on my ladies so soon? Can I go with one LED for the rest of the veg cycle and then add the second for flower? I have heard a comment or two saying I may not need both right now, just wanted some more input on that. I'm thinking as long as taking one away won't affect the coverage of three pots (one is in a solo cup right now)then I will do that for now until I add more ventilation.
IMG_20150724_223013909.jpg

IMHO you should only use one for veg and wouldn't need to use the second lamp until around the beginning of the 2nd week of 12/12.

Yes only 1 Light are enough in the First 5 weeks i think...

IMHO you should only use one for veg and wouldn't need to use the second lamp until around the beginning of the 2nd week of 12/12.

Thanks guys, I have taken one 300 watt down til flower starts. Also temps are back down too.

hello Sara,

one of your competitor on amazon compare their 300W panel to your NEW old model 300W (60X5) ....

they are CLEARLY talking about your product and this is what they say .... "poor heat dissipation, high working temperature, huge damage to the chips, short lifetime. Large light loss, 70% light remained after aging of half one year, 50% light remained after one year."

i know it maybe only competition tactics or something like that ... but please i need to know what is the light depreciation or light loss % of this product (300W 60X5) after 1 year.

you said this product use lower quality heat dissipation, chips, housing and more ... specially for heat dissipation, it seem to be a bad idea to go for low quality. the lifetime and brightness of the chips are very important.

so please, tell me more about this product (new old model 300W 60X5) and specially light loss % after 1 year ...

tyvm Sara

hey growers,

maybe as me you are not sure how many PAR/PPFD or umol marijuana need for flowering .... i found this usefull info on a very large number of pants, including "canabis sativa" on the last category at the end .... this category is for full light plants, so make sense :)

each plant catefory have his own "DLI" for Daily light integral and how many PAR/PPFD in umol each plant need in a total day. as we see, flowering at 18h or 24h a day need less light power .... make sense too :) (great for autoflower seeds)

PAR quantum meters are giving this number in umol. PAR and PPFD is the same as i know and mean umol beetween 400nm-700nm only (blue to red), so light usable for plants only.

so, here is the DLI and how many PAR(PPFD) in umol each plant need. (canabis sativa is at the end with 500 to 700 umol for 12/12):

DLI Requirement of 6 - 10
(69 Umol - 116 Umol) PPFD on 24 hours daylight schedule.
(104 Umol - 174 Umol) PPFD on 18 hours daylight schedule.
(138 Umol - 232 Umol) PPFD on 12 hours daylight schedule.
Ferns (Pteris Adiantum)
Maranta
Phalaenopsis (orchid)
Saintpaulia
Spathiphyllum
Forced hyacinth (6-30)
Forced narcissus (6-30)
Forced tulip (6-30)

DLI Requirement of 8 - 16
(93 Umol - 185 Umol) PPFD on 24 hours daylight schedule.
(140 Umol - 278 Umol) PPFD on 18 hours daylight schedule.
(186 Umol - 370 Umol) PPFD on 12 hours daylight schedule.
Aglaonema
Bromeliads
Caladium (8-30)
Dieffenbachia
Dracaena
Nephrolepsis
Streptocarpus
Hosta (8-30)
Hedera (English ivy)

DLI Requirement of 10 - 22
(116 Umol - 255 Umol) PPFD on 24 hours daylight schedule.
(174 Umol - 383 Umol) PPFD on 18 hours daylight schedule.
(232 Umol - 510 Umol) PPFD on 12 hours daylight schedule.
Begonia (heimalis)
Sinningia
Schlumbergera
Cyclamen
Exacum
Heuchera
Coleus (shade)
Impatiens, New Guinea
Iris, Dutch (cut flowers)
Kalanchoe
Lobelia
Primula
Impatiens
Pelargonium peltatum (Ivy geranium)
Begonia (fibrous)
Senecia (dusty miller)

DLI Requirement of 12-30+
(139 Umol - 347 Umol) PPFD on 24 hours daylight schedule.
(209 Umol - 371 Umol) PPFD on 18 hours daylight schedule.
(278 Umol - 694 Umol) PPFD on 12 hours daylight schedule.
Fuchsia *requires cool or moderate temperatures to benefit at high light levels
Euphorbia (poinsettia)
Hydrangea
Lettuce (D.L.I. 12-17)
Lilium (asiatic and oriental)
Lilium longiflorum (easter lily)
Sweet Peppers

DLI Requirement of 14-30+
(162 Umol - 347 Umol) PPFD on 24 hours daylight schedule.
(243 Umol - 371 Umol) PPFD on 18 hours daylight schedule.
(324 Umol - 694 Umol) PPFD on 12 hours daylight schedule.
Ageratum
Antirrhinum
Chrysanthemum (potted)
Dianthus
Gazania
Gerbera
Hibiscus rosa-siniensis
Lobularia
Pelargonium hororum (zonal gera-nium)
Rose (miniature potted)
Salvia splendens
Schefflera

DLI Requirement of 18-30+
(208 Umol - 347 Umol) PPFD on 24 hours daylight schedule.
(312 Umol - 371 Umol) PPFD on 18 hours daylight schedule.
(417 Umol - 694 Umol) PPFD on 12 hours daylight schedule.
Angelonia
Aster
Salvia farinacea
Iberis
Catharanthus (vinca)
Celosia
Chrysanthemum (garden)
Coleus (sun)
Coreopsis
Cosmos
Croton
Dahlia
Echinacea
Ficus bejaminia
Gaura
Gomphrena
Hemerocallis
Lantana
Lavendula (lavender)
Tagetes (marigold)
Petunia
Phlox (creeping)
Rudbeckia
Scaevola
Sedum
Thymus
Verbena
Viola (pansy)

DLI requirement of 22-30+
(255 Umol - 347 Umol) PPFD on 24 hours daylight schedule.
(383 Umol - 520 Umol) PPFD on 18 hours daylight schedule.
(510 Umol - 694 Umol) PPFD on 12 hours daylight schedule.
Zinnia
Alstroemeria (cut flower)
Cannabis Sativa
Capsicum (pepper)
Chrysanthemum (cut flower)
Dianthus (carnation)
Gladiolus (cut flower)
Lycopersicon (tomato)
Rose (cut flower)
Tomato

Very important to say, to see this even more clear:

If flowering time is 12 hours, your plant needs minimum 510 uMol per m2 per second.

Thanks for sharing Mike!

Sara, when will MarsHydro carry out a PAR measure? :)

hey growers,

maybe as me you are not sure how many PAR/PPFD or umol marijuana need for flowering .... i found this usefull info on a very large number of pants, including "canabis sativa" on the last category at the end .... this category is for full light plants, so make sense :)

each plant catefory have his own "DLI" for Daily light integral and how many PAR/PPFD in umol each plant need in a total day. as we see, flowering at 18h or 24h a day need less light power .... make sense too :) (great for autoflower seeds)

PAR quantum meters are giving this number in umol. PAR and PPFD is the same as i know and mean umol beetween 400nm-700nm only (blue to red), so light usable for plants only.

so, here is the DLI and how many PAR(PPFD) in umol each plant need. (canabis sativa is at the end with 500 to 700 umol for 12/12):

DLI Requirement of 6 - 10
(69 Umol - 116 Umol) PPFD on 24 hours daylight schedule.
(104 Umol - 174 Umol) PPFD on 18 hours daylight schedule.
(138 Umol - 232 Umol) PPFD on 12 hours daylight schedule.
Ferns (Pteris Adiantum)
Maranta
Phalaenopsis (orchid)
Saintpaulia
Spathiphyllum
Forced hyacinth (6-30)
Forced narcissus (6-30)
Forced tulip (6-30)

DLI Requirement of 8 - 16
(93 Umol - 185 Umol) PPFD on 24 hours daylight schedule.
(140 Umol - 278 Umol) PPFD on 18 hours daylight schedule.
(186 Umol - 370 Umol) PPFD on 12 hours daylight schedule.
Aglaonema
Bromeliads
Caladium (8-30)
Dieffenbachia
Dracaena
Nephrolepsis
Streptocarpus
Hosta (8-30)
Hedera (English ivy)

DLI Requirement of 10 - 22
(116 Umol - 255 Umol) PPFD on 24 hours daylight schedule.
(174 Umol - 383 Umol) PPFD on 18 hours daylight schedule.
(232 Umol - 510 Umol) PPFD on 12 hours daylight schedule.
Begonia (heimalis)
Sinningia
Schlumbergera
Cyclamen
Exacum
Heuchera
Coleus (shade)
Impatiens, New Guinea
Iris, Dutch (cut flowers)
Kalanchoe
Lobelia
Primula
Impatiens
Pelargonium peltatum (Ivy geranium)
Begonia (fibrous)
Senecia (dusty miller)

DLI Requirement of 12-30+
(139 Umol - 347 Umol) PPFD on 24 hours daylight schedule.
(209 Umol - 371 Umol) PPFD on 18 hours daylight schedule.
(278 Umol - 694 Umol) PPFD on 12 hours daylight schedule.
Fuchsia *requires cool or moderate temperatures to benefit at high light levels
Euphorbia (poinsettia)
Hydrangea
Lettuce (D.L.I. 12-17)
Lilium (asiatic and oriental)
Lilium longiflorum (easter lily)
Sweet Peppers

DLI Requirement of 14-30+
(162 Umol - 347 Umol) PPFD on 24 hours daylight schedule.
(243 Umol - 371 Umol) PPFD on 18 hours daylight schedule.
(324 Umol - 694 Umol) PPFD on 12 hours daylight schedule.
Ageratum
Antirrhinum
Chrysanthemum (potted)
Dianthus
Gazania
Gerbera
Hibiscus rosa-siniensis
Lobularia
Pelargonium hororum (zonal gera-nium)
Rose (miniature potted)
Salvia splendens
Schefflera

DLI Requirement of 18-30+
(208 Umol - 347 Umol) PPFD on 24 hours daylight schedule.
(312 Umol - 371 Umol) PPFD on 18 hours daylight schedule.
(417 Umol - 694 Umol) PPFD on 12 hours daylight schedule.
Angelonia
Aster
Salvia farinacea
Iberis
Catharanthus (vinca)
Celosia
Chrysanthemum (garden)
Coleus (sun)
Coreopsis
Cosmos
Croton
Dahlia
Echinacea
Ficus bejaminia
Gaura
Gomphrena
Hemerocallis
Lantana
Lavendula (lavender)
Tagetes (marigold)
Petunia
Phlox (creeping)
Rudbeckia
Scaevola
Sedum
Thymus
Verbena
Viola (pansy)

DLI requirement of 22-30+
(255 Umol - 347 Umol) PPFD on 24 hours daylight schedule.
(383 Umol - 520 Umol) PPFD on 18 hours daylight schedule.
(510 Umol - 694 Umol) PPFD on 12 hours daylight schedule.
Zinnia
Alstroemeria (cut flower)
Cannabis Sativa
Capsicum (pepper)
Chrysanthemum (cut flower)
Dianthus (carnation)
Gladiolus (cut flower)
Lycopersicon (tomato)
Rose (cut flower)
Tomato

If flowering time is 12 hours, your plant needs minimum 510 uMol per m2 per second.

so to be clear me too ... it mean you need minimum 500 umol (700 is better) EVERYWHERE in your garden to have full power light and optimal results with cannabis.

if you use only 1 panel for a big area, the edge of the garden will not have 500 umol and will produce less. that why many smaller panels are better than only 1 big.

would be nice if icemud did the test to 1 foot each side, not only 6 inchs.

Hey Sara, I have read you personally saying that these 300w 60x5 panels are not high quality. Saying if you can afford more, then you should buy better lights. That these lights are only made to compete with the cheaper lights on eBay and amazon. If Greytail reads this thread, I also read that he was going to purchase another 100x3w panel, but when they were sold out, he opted against getting the 60x5w. However, I've read in a couple places where he was recommending them to other folks.

What spesifically is not as good about these lights? What brand and model LED's are they? What temp do the panels operate at? Are they manufactured in a different facility, by different people, or with lower quality components? They seem to be priced just about in line with the 100x3w ($75-100), so what is different that makes the inferior, and have less warranty?

Hey Sara, I have read you personally saying that these 300w 60x5 panels are not high quality. Saying if you can afford more, then you should buy better lights. That these lights are only made to compete with the cheaper lights on eBay and amazon. If Greytail reads this thread, I also read that he was going to purchase another 100x3w panel, but when they were sold out, he opted against getting the 60x5w. However, I've read in a couple places where he was recommending them to other folks.

What spesifically is not as good about these lights? What brand and model LED's are they? What temp do the panels operate at? Are they manufactured in a different facility, by different people, or with lower quality components? They seem to be priced just about in line with the 100x3w ($75-100), so what is different that makes the inferior, and have less warranty?

hello Sara,

one of your competitor on amazon compare their 300W panel to your NEW old model 300W (60X5) ....

they are CLEARLY talking about your product and this is what they say .... "poor heat dissipation, high working temperature, huge damage to the chips, short lifetime. Large light loss, 70% light remained after aging of half one year, 50% light remained after one year."

i know it maybe only competition tactics or something like that ... but please i need to know what is the light depreciation or light loss % of this product (300W 60X5) after 1 year.

you said this product use lower quality heat dissipation, chips, housing and more ... specially for heat dissipation, it seem to be a bad idea to go for low quality. the lifetime and brightness of the chips are very important.

so please, tell me more about this product (new old model 300W 60X5) and specially light loss % after 1 year ...

tyvm Sara

Funny that this topic is coming up, I sent Sara a PM just yesterday withput reading this thread. I too just purchased a pair of the 300w models through their ebay store(alongside a 1600 from their website) and am curious about what to expect. Considering the price I really can't complain much, I'll be happy to get around a year out of them but hopefully longer.

I'm also content with replacing/upgrading components that might be faulty if there are parts available. Hopefully Sara can chime in.

Back
Top Bottom