Mars-Hydro LED Grow Light Discussion

Thanks Alibongo, :circle-of-love:
Well that is a shining example why the sun series should still be in production!
Awsome harvest
The Sun series is our first version of reflector cup design lights, :circle-of-love: They are good, but our new Mars Pro have upgrated on the reflector cup design, so the lights will mixed much better. :circle-of-love:
Sara seems to think that I need to replace these with a "better" model light. Remote controlled lights...... LOL!
But if you can adjust the ratio of spectrum depend on your own need, then the controller is also necessary, lol :cheesygrinsmiley:
Lol I think she's great :) sara ur fantastic but remote controls are for tv's lol

:passitleft:
Uncle cannabis did you do much training with them girls? Be great if u popped by my journal
:thumb:
They were all clones that were not really cared for much during veg and were not meant to be flowered out.
Long story, but to answer your question, they were topped a couple of times then tied down when I flipped them into bloom.

Morning randy :circle-of-love: You are right, one product can only exist when the customers are supporting it. :Namaste: But actually the Mars Pro series are the upgrated Sun series, better reflector cup design, with remote control, also the light itself will be felt more quality, if you see this, you will know what I mean :thumb:
I didn't realize they were gone till I went to order a couple, the real odd thing is there has not been that much info on the new lights that would make a person lay out a grand too have one. There are other examples of Cree based lights that for some reason did not turn into big sellers also there are a lot of remote controlled lights but they also have a control panel on the light it's self so you can go either way. This situation reminds me of American cars in the 80's when manufactures decided what we wanted and needed and we all know where that ended. Granted these new lights bring Mars Hydro to the same table as Kind and others in both features and price but I hope not at the cost of customers that got them there. The Mars 2 is at best 2-3 generations behind and the reflectors while great lights do not have the raw power of others due to their lights being spread over a larger area which makes them ideal in tents. The Sun series gave us a newer generation light at a value price and turning it into a multiple size series would have made sense to me or at least a stripped version of the Epistar lights for those that do not want or feel the need of a remote.
Oh well this has only been my opinion and I really hope I'm wrong but on the other hand I needed a light and I find myself shopping since the Sun's were canceled and there is a lot to choose from.

Thanks Alibongo, :circle-of-love: We have made videos for testing the PAR value, should be online within a week or two, lol :circle-of-love:
And then we will test other lights' PAR value and make video step by step, :circle-of-love:
Yip. Iv never had the sun series but all iv heard is good reviews. It may sound silly...... But maybe the sun series were too cheap and to good to keep selling with a new light coming out for top dollar. Why would one pay high prices on a unproven new light when there's a dam good light at a fraction of the price on the same shop shelf buy the same manufacturer?

Not at all trying to pik or dig sara. I'm happy with my mars2's . The new lights will have to be good to warrant the price but iv got good faith in mars :)

Also a couple of weeks back sara posted piks of a light tester par or umol whatever. There was a discussion on how our lights would be tested and results published. I think iv been on this thread every day since but I havnt seen anymore of it. I'm particularly interested in readings for the 1200 & 700.

Many growers pick our reflector lights for the reflector design, as the light spectrum will be mixed better and no lumen wasted. :circle-of-love:
Hey, i just ordered my 480 watt MARShydro Reflector 96x5* off a ebay seller. I'm pretty excited, from what i gathered this unit should slightly out perform the MarsII 400 watt?

My space is a Tent 2' x 4' x 6.5' should one be enough?
You will get good result under this light, but during flower, I suggest you add a small side lights, :circle-of-love:

If I were you , I would go with the two 144x5w, coverage 4.4x6.6 at 24'', and there are more leds on the lights, so more powerful than only one 1200w. :circle-of-love:
ok, sorry to be a pain guys but before I choose which one I,m going to get for my 4x4ft tent, another question...

Mars II LED Grow Light 1200W (25015lumens) - or -
2 x MarsHydro Reflector 720W Led Grow Light 5W Switchable (7099lumens) , will 2 of these out perform or be better than the single 1200w in my tent..

I'm leaning towards the reflectors because of the switchable veg/bloom but if the 1200 is far better I guess I can manage without..

thanks..
Thank you ColoradoGriz :circle-of-love:
Just for consideration, most reflector owners just leave both VEG and BLOOM switched on from veg to harvest anyway. Switches are fun when I power all three down to folier spray then power them back up again. It's a power trip thing and more fun when you throw in power up sound effects.
Hi 420flyboy. :circle-of-love: Thanks for answering for you when I am not here, lol :thumb:
I just received the Mars II 1200w a little over a week ago , the model they have now has switches for veg and bloom , I mentioned this in an earlier post when we received the light . Sara confirmed that the 1200w now have veg and bloom switches , but I leave them both on.

And it's in a 4x4 tent , with 4 more on the way :)

Wow, looking great, congrats on the harvest :cheer::cheer:
Harvest pics :) :cheer: :lot-o-toke::yahoo:

:yummy:
SAM_8273.JPG
SAM_8284.JPG
SAM_8291.JPG

Pineapple Sativa scrog
01801.JPG

03403.JPG

I've moved my current grow over to my new Mars II 700. Dropped a few degrees from the previous 300W with CFLs setup, and it's much brighter, according to the lux meter. And definitely a more balanced spectrum lineup. Almost white compared to my other one. It's also quieter than the other one.

Will harvest this and then on to some known genetics with the Mars II all the way through. Exciting to have a better light, especially after how well the previous one was doing.

I am going back home to visit my parents, :circle-of-love: My mum will cook me delicious food, lol :surf::surf:
Yup, Labor Day Weekend, time to fire up the BBQ, maybe take the boat out and enjoy some down time. :volcano-smiley:

:thumb: I am glad to you like the new Mars II 700w, hope you get better harvest very soon, :cheer::cheer:
Happy growing :morenutes::grinjoint::grinjoint:
I've moved my current grow over to my new Mars II 700. Dropped a few degrees from the previous 300W with CFLs setup, and it's much brighter, according to the lux meter. And definitely a more balanced spectrum lineup. Almost white compared to my other one. It's also quieter than the other one.

Will harvest this and then on to some known genetics with the Mars II all the way through. Exciting to have a better light, especially after how well the previous one was doing.

If I were you , I would go with the two 144x5w, coverage 4.4x6.6 at 24'', and there are more leds on the lights, so more powerful than only one 1200w. :circle-of-love:
:thumb:

thanks for the advice, I think I am now leaning towards the 2 144x5w , if the 1200 was switchable I'd of gone for that.. altho I like the idea of both lights (2x 144x5w) now for more spread.. ( I,l probably change my mind again by morning lol )

I understand most will have both veg/flower lights on throughout the whole grow and I would probably do the same in the later stages of veggin, but I think throwing 1200 watts at clones in small pots is abit overkill which is why I wanting to be able to cut down the power using switchable lights for the little plants till they are re-potted into larger pots & established..

thanks for the advice, I think I am now leaning towards the 2 144x5w , if the 1200 was switchable I'd of gone for that.. altho I like the idea of both lights (2x 144x5w) now for more spread.. ( I,l probably change my mind again by morning lol )

I understand most will have both veg/flower lights on throughout the whole grow and I would probably do the same in the later stages of veggin, but I think throwing 1200 watts at clones in small pots is abit overkill which is why I wanting to be able to cut down the power using switchable lights for the little plants till they are re-potted into larger pots & established..
great :thumb:

Hi Sara

Any word on the new Pro LED series?

I just started my grow and still using the reflector series and mars 2

You wanna order one? We are now processing the first batch of preordered lights' production. Esteemed shipping date will be on Sep. 9th. :circle-of-love: If you can place the order before this date, might still catch the date. :volcano-smiley: If you want to wait some reviews by customers, you can do that as well and place order afterwards, we will ship two times each month. :)
Email me for more info. :high-five:

Back
Top Bottom