Mars-Hydro LED Grow Light Discussion

1st Harvest with Mars Hydro Sun Series

1,200 Wall Watts (4 Each Mars Hydro Sun Series)
Grown SOG in Organic Soil.
Tap Water Only Grow. No Nutrients, Teas, or Topdressings.

Dry Weight After Dry & Manicure = 998 Grams / 35 Ounces

IMG_1236_1024.jpg
thumb_IMG_1467_1024.jpg
51091.jpg
6990.jpg
8695.jpg
16290.jpg

41376.jpg
31781.jpg
22055.jpg
thumb_IMG_1479_1024.jpg
thumb_IMG_1480_1024.jpg
thumb_IMG_1483_1024.jpg
thumb_IMG_1482_1024.jpg

51094.jpg

Thanks Mars-Hydro!
:thanks:

Well that is a shining example why the sun series should still be in production!
Awsome harvest

Sara seems to think that I need to replace these with a "better" model light. Remote controlled lights...... LOL!

They were all clones that were not really cared for much during veg and were not meant to be flowered out.
Long story, but to answer your question, they were topped a couple of times then tied down when I flipped them into bloom.

Well that is a shining example why the sun series should still be in production!
Awsome harvest

I didn't realize they were gone till I went to order a couple, the real odd thing is there has not been that much info on the new lights that would make a person lay out a grand too have one. There are other examples of Cree based lights that for some reason did not turn into big sellers also there are a lot of remote controlled lights but they also have a control panel on the light it's self so you can go either way. This situation reminds me of American cars in the 80's when manufactures decided what we wanted and needed and we all know where that ended. Granted these new lights bring Mars Hydro to the same table as Kind and others in both features and price but I hope not at the cost of customers that got them there. The Mars 2 is at best 2-3 generations behind and the reflectors while great lights do not have the raw power of others due to their lights being spread over a larger area which makes them ideal in tents. The Sun series gave us a newer generation light at a value price and turning it into a multiple size series would have made sense to me or at least a stripped version of the Epistar lights for those that do not want or feel the need of a remote.
Oh well this has only been my opinion and I really hope I'm wrong but on the other hand I needed a light and I find myself shopping since the Sun's were canceled and there is a lot to choose from.

Yip. Iv never had the sun series but all iv heard is good reviews. It may sound silly...... But maybe the sun series were too cheap and to good to keep selling with a new light coming out for top dollar. Why would one pay high prices on a unproven new light when there's a dam good light at a fraction of the price on the same shop shelf buy the same manufacturer?

Not at all trying to pik or dig sara. I'm happy with my mars2's . The new lights will have to be good to warrant the price but iv got good faith in mars :)

Also a couple of weeks back sara posted piks of a light tester par or umol whatever. There was a discussion on how our lights would be tested and results published. I think iv been on this thread every day since but I havnt seen anymore of it. I'm particularly interested in readings for the 1200 & 700.

Hey, i just ordered my 480 watt MARShydro Reflector 96x5* off a ebay seller. I'm pretty excited, from what i gathered this unit should slightly out perform the MarsII 400 watt?

My space is a Tent 2' x 4' x 6.5' should one be enough?

ok, sorry to be a pain guys but before I choose which one I,m going to get for my 4x4ft tent, another question...

Mars II LED Grow Light 1200W (25015lumens) - or -
2 x MarsHydro Reflector 720W Led Grow Light 5W Switchable (7099lumens) , will 2 of these out perform or be better than the single 1200w in my tent..

I'm leaning towards the reflectors because of the switchable veg/bloom but if the 1200 is far better I guess I can manage without..

thanks..

ok, sorry to be a pain guys but before I choose which one I,m going to get for my 4x4ft tent, another question...

2 x MarsHydro Reflector 720W Led Grow Light 5W Switchable (7099lumens) , will 2 of these out perform or be better than the single 1200w in my tent..

I'm leaning towards the reflectors because of the switchable veg/bloom but if the 1200 is far better I guess I can manage without..

thanks..

Just for consideration, most reflector owners just leave both VEG and BLOOM switched on from veg to harvest anyway. Switches are fun when I power all three down to folier spray then power them back up again. It's a power trip thing and more fun when you throw in power up sound effects.

thanks..

I just received the Mars II 1200w a little over a week ago , the model they have now has switches for veg and bloom , I mentioned this in an earlier post when we received the light . Sara confirmed that the 1200w now have veg and bloom switches , but I leave them both on.

And it's in a 4x4 tent , with 4 more on the way :)

We will arrange shipment for you today, and light should be shipped out on Monday :high-five:
I've only gone and done it. Marsll 400w on order :blunt::blunt:

Morning oinnk, you seems professional :love: the driver we used before sometime is kinda unstable, but now they will be much stable, :) And thanks for the advices :thumb:
I have a few pictures of the driver inside my Reflector 48x3 made in Q1 of 2015:

m-h_7.jpg

mhd.jpg

It is a simple 50W / 600 mA Constant Current source implemented using the ST L6562 PFC Controller.

I'm guessing it's based on this ST UM0670 offline LED Driver:

c1e64f947164daf263b24f3a12cff35d.gif

Here are some of the parts featured on my m-h driver:

Electrolytic caps:
BERYL 68uF 200V
BERYL 22uF 200V
BERYL 22uF 50V x 2

Filter caps:
STE X2 104K
STE MOV 471K
SRDKJ.com 474J400V

Actives:
ST L6562A
Silan F-Cell SVF12N65F

Fuse: Glass tube, 3.15A

I'm not surprised that some of these fail, because of the cheap capacitors that are being used. The PCB and soldering quality are Ok though. One could however replace the capacitors preemptively, to extend the life of the driver.

That depends, now we have some Mars II lights with the veg and flower switches, but I am not sure if you can get it, they are sent ramdomly out :circle-of-love:
thanks for the reply..
the Mars II 1200W, does this have the switchable veg/flower like the reflector ?
Thanks Alibongo, that is true, most growers find that when turn both switches on, the plants grow better, :Namaste:
No it doesn't but most with the switchable veg flower button on the reflector series use both on all the way through for better growth. That's what iv read anyway can't comment for everyone tho.

My tents 120x120x200
I use the mars2 1200 and it's really kicking arse right now. Click my signature and check it out if you like

Congrats on the harvest UncleCannabis :cheer::cheer:
1st Harvest with Mars Hydro Sun Series

1,200 Wall Watts (4 Each Mars Hydro Sun Series)
Grown SOG in Organic Soil.
Tap Water Only Grow. No Nutrients, Teas, or Topdressings.

Dry Weight After Dry & Manicure = 998 Grams / 35 Ounces

IMG_1236_1024.jpg
thumb_IMG_1467_1024.jpg
51091.jpg
6990.jpg
8695.jpg
16290.jpg

41376.jpg
31781.jpg
22055.jpg
thumb_IMG_1479_1024.jpg
thumb_IMG_1480_1024.jpg