Mars-Hydro LED Grow Light Discussion

redundancy.. cant just pop to the shop and buy a new bulb.. thought 1 700 for each 3 pants.. im new to this and if someone can help im grateful..

Redundancy in this situation would mean if you lose a light you can still operate but not at full scale.

Diminishing returns means at some point it does not matter how much light you throw out - the scale of effect will be less and less..... I don't don't know at what point that happens or what the scale is - I was hoping you did :)

Redundancy in this situation would mean if you lose a light you can still operate but not at full scale.

Diminishing returns means at some point it does not matter how much light you throw out - the scale of effect will be less and less..... I don't don't know at what point that happens or what the scale is - I was hoping you did :)

well there is only one way to find out.. but 1 light each side on the tent, will give better coverage then 1 light in the middle, well that is my thinking...

well there is only one way to find out.. but 1 light each side on the tent, will give better coverage then 1 light in the middle, well that is my thinking...

I agree. My plan, so far, is to put an 80x5 400w over each of 3 plants, with the plants being close enough together that they each also receive significant light from the other 2 LEDs.

My 3 LEDs purchase price will be the same as your 2 700s (within 1 cent), but you'll be getting 200 more watts. I'm doing that because I want the light spread over a slightly larger (and triangular) area, so I'm happy with the tradeoff. It'll be interesting to see how we both do.

Not that I have the personal experience but I have READ quite a bit about more smaller lights overall in a given space is greater than a single high output - watt for watt - plus you keep your redundancy and reduce shading by light overlap. All theory to me at the point but makes sense.

What is your grow space?

I agree. My plan, so far, is to put an 80x5 400w over each of 3 plants, with the plants being close enough together that they each also receive significant light from the other 2 LEDs.

My 3 LEDs purchase price will be the same as your 2 700s (within 1 cent), but you'll be getting 200 more watts. I'm doing that because I want the light spread over a slightly larger (and triangular) area, so I'm happy with the tradeoff. It'll be interesting to see how we both do.

power draw on the 400w is Draw Power:170~200W, that equals between 510w to 600w real power on 3 400w lights
The 700's draw is 300W~380W equals a draw of 600w to 760.. for 2 lights, so i will be getting more light than you .. up to 160 watts.

the 400 is still a god light and 3 of them should get you a nice yield :D

ill have 4x4x6.6ft aprox when I have the funds..

Not sure but 2x 700w seems a bit overkill for that size - "diminishing returns" etc.........

I just ordered 2x 96/3w reflectors for my 4x4 veg room - Draw will be 280 watts in veg mode

Plan to order 2x 900w Mars II for my 4x8 flower room..... (IE Sara's recommendation)

It a Shame they don't sell a Mars II with a 2x2 footprint - 4 of those in your room would be NICE!

DS

Not sure but 2x 700w seems a bit overkill for that size - "diminishing returns" etc.........

I just ordered 2x 96/3w reflectors for my 4x4 veg room - Draw will be 280 watts in veg mode

Plan to order 2x 900w Mars II for my 4x8 flower room..... (IE Sara's recommendation)

It a Shame they don't sell a Mars II with a 2x2 footprint - 4 of those in your room would be NICE!

DS

if you are using 2x 900s in 4x8, then 2x 700s in a 4x4 will be a perfect fit :D might even put 3 in there :D.. in sure there might be some loss on return, but i feel that i will gain more..

Due to posting limits (I'm still new) I am unable to reach Sarah directly. Hoping this finds it's way to her...

I have a 5'w X 30"d X 6'h space. I currently use a 600W HPS / MH fixture (hood cooled). I know this is "more than enough light" for this space and when I make the switch to LED's I will also do the same thing and use "more than enough". I want to have the most possible light, whilst not burning the plants.

I am torn between two sponsors here for LED's but leaning this direction. Sarah has been great on here and I want to support that.

So I ask, what light (or "lights" plural) do I need to accomplish this? I was leaning toward 2 of the Mars II 400W's as opposed to 1 Mars II 700W. The small tent is rectangular and two lights will have more light and more evenly spread for the space I have I reckon.

Anyone wanna chime in and give me a heads up? I know the 2 lamp route will be slight overkill and definitely more expensive but it seems like the right way to go to fill the space with overlap and produce greatness.

I'd like to get started ASAP with this ordering process so if anyone can send Sarah my way or can offer info on my particular tent and suggestions I'd love to hear them. Maybe I am all wrong about all this, who knows? Please set me straight if so.

PS: These particular LED light fixtures will do VEG and FLOWER, yes? I have followed the threads testing these but honestly my brain is fried from all the info overload. lol

Due to posting limits (I'm still new) I am unable to reach Sarah directly. Hoping this finds it's way to her...

I have a 5'w X 30"d X 6'h space. I currently use a 600W HPS / MH fixture (hood cooled). I know this is "more than enough light" for this space and when I make the switch to LED's I will also do the same thing and use "more than enough". I want to have the most possible light, whilst not burning the plants.

I am torn between two sponsors here for LED's but leaning this direction. Sarah has been great on here and I want to support that.

So I ask, what light (or "lights" plural) do I need to accomplish this? I was leaning toward 2 of the Mars II 400W's as opposed to 1 Mars II 700W. The small tent is rectangular and two lights will have more light and more evenly spread for the space I have I reckon.

we im no expert. but my mate just run an NFT with 6 plants . a little over crowded and got 140 grams dry. of solid nugs. using only 180 draw LEd panel (not to led). i noticed you dont have much height in your tent. so i would say you might be better to go for 3 w leds rather than the 5w ones, as they can be closer to the plant. just my thoughts...

Anyone wanna chime in and give me a heads up? I know the 2 lamp route will be slight overkill and definitely more expensive but it seems like the right way to go to fill the space with overlap and produce greatness.

I'd like to get started ASAP with this ordering process so if anyone can send Sarah my way or can offer info on my particular tent and suggestions I'd love to hear them. Maybe I am all wrong about all this, who knows? Please set me straight if so.

PS: These particular LED light fixtures will do VEG and FLOWER, yes? I have followed the threads testing these but honestly my brain is fried from all the info overload. lol

Email her sara@lgledsolutions.com

if you are using 2x 900s in 4x8, then 2x 700s in a 4x4 will be a perfect fit :D might even put 3 in there :D.. in sure there might be some loss on return, but i feel that i will gain more..

Not sure if I understand how overlapping (2) 700w's w/ 3.5' Footprints in a 4x4' area is perfect fit........ but hell, there are about a million books filled with sh!t I don't understand :)

Look forward to seeing how that works..........

Not sure if I understand how overlapping (2) 700w's w/ 3.5' Footprints in a 4x4' area is perfect fit........ but hell, there are about a million books filled with sh!t I don't understand :)

Look forward to seeing how that works..........

neither am I... but it will look cool... I guess i can always buy on at a time. i have seen grows with the 400 w mars 2. performing almost as good as a 400w hps

Only on or off for the Mars 2. Your plan is solid 2 X Mars 2 400 cause rectangular. Easiest thing to do is just email her.

IMO the Mars 2 is their best light for the money cause of the 5W diodes.

Back
Top Bottom