Mars-Hydro LED Grow Light Discussion

I just purchased three 96x3w Reflector lights from TopLED. I currently have four small plants growing under CFLs and they're growing VERY slowly. They're healthy, but I think they're very small for their age (about 5 weeks) so I hope that switching to LEDs will make a difference.

thank you KJC, I get that:)
I believe that the PAR meter tests should be conducted in this way

1) A grid is laid out at 6" intervals from the center of the light and the PAR meter records the PAR levels at 6" intervals from the center of the grid for its recommended coverage area.

2) The PAR meter height is moved in 6" intervals from the LED light panel and the PAR meter levels are recorded.

This weekend I'll be harvesting my holy grail kush flux grown under the Mars II 400. I'll post some of the pics here for some of you to see what can be done with this light. Can't wait to see what the new light can do!

we are waiting for your harvest, haha. surprise? lol/ . I will post some picture of new lights soon .

Hey Sara

Here they are, day 48 of flowering under Mars II

IMG_102123.JPG
IMG_101529.JPG
IMG_101630.JPG
IMG_100226.JPG

:peace:

I just purchased three 96x3w Reflector lights from TopLED. I currently have four small plants growing under CFLs and they're growing VERY slowly. They're healthy, but I think they're very small for their age (about 5 weeks) so I hope that switching to LEDs will make a difference.

could you show us your current grow?

You will see a really big difference with those lights for sure! You will be surprised I think like I was when I got mine. You will be glad you made the investment.

:bongrip:

This weekend I'll be harvesting my holy grail kush flux grown under the Mars II 400. I'll post some of the pics here for some of you to see what can be done with this light. Can't wait to see what the new light can do!

I grew the holy grail two years ago outdoors. One of the best plants to watch grow up. I topped her once early on and never had to again. It grew into a 5.5 ft bush and just as wide and is a giver. Produced solid dense rocks and a half pound all by herself. You won't be disappointed. The pheno I had was awesome very kushy flavor in the vape with hints of citrus almost grapefruit ish. Anyway definitely a strain I'm going to grow indoors.

Should look similar to this:
P1040364.JPG
Should be out of this world if grown indoors. I bet you fall in love with this strain, I sure did. Also, the Orig Sour D from Cali Connect is a giver to, another plant that gave up a half pound all by her lonesome( just know that the sour d will blow up your yard/neighborhood smell wise). Enjoy

P.S pic from Feb 15th

I grew the holy grail two years ago outdoors. One of the best plants to watch grow up. I topped her once early on and never had to again. It grew into a 5.5 ft bush and just as wide and is a giver. Produced solid dense rocks and a half pound all by herself. You won't be disappointed. The pheno I had was awesome very kushy flavor in the vape with hints of citrus almost grapefruit ish. Anyway definitely a strain I'm going to grow indoors.

P.S pic from Feb 15th

Mine has the hint of fruit for sure, with a nice fuel undertone. She is very very dense with fat calyx. The pheno I got ain't the greatest, so I'll be ordering again, but not anytime soon. Got blue dream, Darkstar, wwxbb, ko kush, amnesia, and a whole bunch of other strains for my 2015 grows. Definitely gonna need a new light to get the perpetual thing going

Blue dream makes great bubble hash pretty melty. I have grown dark star very different smell but dense buds and a pretty decent yielder. Personally, I probably won't grow it again it was a freeb two years ago. 420 special love it. The amnesia I've had the pleasure, but I've never grown it. Three years ago I grew the Pineapple Express. Huge yield uplifting energetic and tasted like juicy fruit chewing gum. It's almost like wine tasting, it's a pleasure enjoying variety.

I am thinking how to make it. because I watched some video on youtube and I found if we use double lens, it will increase the PAR value, but it is only one point has high PAR, other places, lack of lights, plants can not grow well. besides, red and blue is not as bright as white, so if some company use more white in their light, it should has higher PAR. we can not avoid people compare the PAR information. From my thinking, I think higher lumens, higher PAR. if someone they their best to increast the center PAR to show to growers, that is not correct, coverage is too small. let me clear things, then find a fair way to show growers the right information.

Blue dream makes great bubble hash pretty melty. I have grown dark star very different smell but dense buds and a pretty decent yielder. Personally, I probably won't grow it again it was a freeb two years ago. 420 special love it. The amnesia I've had the pleasure, but I've never grown it. Three years ago I grew the Pineapple Express. Huge yield uplifting energetic and tasted like juicy fruit chewing gum. It's almost like wine tasting, it's a pleasure enjoying variety.

I've heard good things about the pineapple express. I'm still searching for a strain that I won't build a tolerance to that fast. Usually after a day or two of smoking a strain I have to start smoking a lot more to feel the same, and I need something that can consistently do it day after day

could you show us your current grow?

These are pictures that I took this morning. These plants are all from seeds and I planted them on September 17, so they are just over a month old. I had some PH problems that made them sick for a while, but they're better now. These are all in small plastic pots, except for one of the Lemon Kush which has been transplanted to a 5 gallon bucket, and that photo should give a clear example the plants size. They are currently growing under 8 CFL bulbs (26W in an even mix of 2700k and 6500k). When the LED panels arrive, I will transplant all of them into 5 gallon buckets.

IMG_104720.JPG

IMG_104824.JPG

IMG_104614.JPG

IMG_104921.JPG

What spectrum for the mars II would be the best to buy alot of people are saying have it custom with more white leds is this correct or is the standard spectrum fine? Please let me no anyone with info or anyone that has used the mars II as im looking to purchase asap thanks in advance

I have used a TopLED Mars II for 2 grows. First grow was NLxBB auto under Mars II 700 watt and got a little over 3 oz. Second grow started with 700 watt and at 4 weeks I changed to a Mars II 900 Watt and got 454 grams wet and about 150 gms of popcorn and close trim from a Heavyweight Seed Co. 'Fast and Vast Auto'. I love these TopLED lights. I also use a 48x3 reflector model for seedlings. They work great.

I'd suggest not changing the spectrum. The standard works just fine. Good green growing.

WJ

Here is sister number 2. Her name is Vast. Heavyweight Seed's "Fast and Vast Auto". She is over 3' tall and 3' wide. She is 3 weeks behind her sister Fast. Big Autos those Fast and Vast Autos.
They have been growing under a TopLED Mars II 900 watt light. I love these lights. My only suggestion is to get the largest you can afford. I can't wait to see what I can grow with TopLED's new lights.

Here is Vast

Vast_B1.jpg

Here she is turned 90 degrees

Vast2.jpg

:geek:
WJ

I wish I wouldve had my LED's when I did this same strain. I was using CFL's at the time so I cant imagine if I had my LED's going on it. I love this strain. I still have a couple of jars of it left and it seems to get more potent as time goes by. I've got 2 of the 400's now so I'm going to try it again this next year.

Yours is gorgeous! Really fat and thick!

:bravo:

yes, I am very very busy these days, work overtime everyday:)))) but I am very happy:circle-of-love:
Looks like you have been very busy Sara.... My girls look amazing and I'm a real person and I love my Top Leds...:yahoo:.....:circle-of-love:
DSC084882.JPG
DSC084915.JPG
DSC084934.JPG
DSC084944.JPG

We have confidence that LED is better than CFL :circle-of-love:
You will see a really big difference with those lights for sure! You will be surprised I think like I was when I got mine. You will be glad you made the investment.

:bongrip:

Back
Top Bottom