Mars-Hydro LED Grow Light Discussion

I use my 3w reflectors from birth with some of my girls... and probably will do it completely now that I know it works this well... I have my girls about 4' from a 96x3w reflector from birth and they have very tight nodes and are growing to the light just fine and I don't have to worry about the cfl's burning my babies....:circle-of-love:

Hi, I'm thinking of going for a Mars II 900w for a 1.2m x 1.2m tent. In addition, I am thinking of buying an 'Old Model' 300w to start the girls off with. From what you say Dennise, It sounds like a better option than T5 or CFLs. I've read that changing lighting systems in the grow is not a good idea also, Is this correct?

I have been looking for a dimmer control for use with the 900w but had no joy. Hence getting the additional 300w for starting them off. And then turning the 900w on later. Is this the right way to go?

Also, any suggestions on the best nutrient system to buy for a first time grower?

Doing Auto's in DWC

I use General Hydroponics Flora series 3 part nutrients that can be mixed for all stages of vegetative growth and flowering. General Hydroponics Flora series can be used with hydroponic, soil and soiless mediums.

(click the photographs for direct links to the products)

https://generalhydroponics.com nutrients flora series

https://www.growitbest.com general hydroponics Flora series performance pack

Cannabis plants grown under LED light panels have a higher requirement for calcium and magnesium. I would introduce a calcium and magnesium supplement containing calcium nitrate and magnesium nitrate Such as Botanicare's Cal-Mag Plus after 2 good weeks of vegetative growth from a seedling. Cal-Mag Plus and CaliMagic are synthetic calcium and magnesium supplements. If you are using a natural source of calcium and magnesium based calcium and magnesium supplement such as General Organics CaMg+ you can start to add at the start of vegetative growth. I use Botanicare's Cal-Mag Plus at 5-8 milliliters or 1-1 1/2 teaspoon per gallon as a calcium and magnesium supplement for the majority of my cannabis plants.

(Click on the photographs for direct links to the products)

Hello Everyone,

I'm a nub & currently just set-up a 8 ft L x 6 ft W x 7ft 10in room with a 5 site RDWC system (1 site as the res) using 20 gallon containers each set 1ft 9in apart from each-other using 2 inch pvp pipe & a 800 Gph return pump. I also have 2-4' cylinder air stones in each pot powered by a 70 Lpm 8 site commercial air pump & a 40 Lpm air pump dedicated just to the res also running 2-4' cylinder air stone.

I current only have 1-400w cmh light & I very interested in getting a Mars ll to go along with it.

So my question is what light size Mars ll lights do you guy suggest I use? I was thinking 1 1600w or maybe 2 900W?

I also have a couple questions about which nuts I should use the get the best yields & quality if anyone can point me in the rite direction it would be greatly appreciated.

I have not used the Advanced Nutrients expert bundle. Instead I use Floralicious Plus, Liquid KoolBloom, KoolBloom Dry, FloraBlend and Snow Storm Ultra. Always shake your nutrients before use.

If you are looking to increase trichome production I use 5 products that have worked very well for me in flowering.

(Click on the photographs for direct links to the products)

I use 0.70 milliliters per gallon of Floralicious Plus and 5 milliliters per gallon of FloraBlend in both vegetative growth and flower.

I use Snow Storm Ultra as a foliar spray at 1.25 milliliters per liter in flower every 7-10 days and discontinue use 1 week before harvest.

I will only spray Snow Storm Ultra just before the lights go off for the darkness phase of flowering.

I also use General Hydroponics Liquid KoolBloom and KoolBloom Dry in flower.

I use General Hydroponics Liquid KoolBloom at 2.5 milliliters per gallon from the start of flower until 3 weeks prior to harvest then use General Hydroponics KoolBloom Dry for 2 weeks at 1/4 teaspoon or 1.25 milliliters per gallon and discontinue use to begin a harvest flush from 7-10 days.

GENERAL HYDROPONICS: KoolBloom

Just wanted to say thanks to everyone who helped me over the past few days. Decided im going to use a 125w CFL w/ Reflector, SOG and LST the plant and maybe add a few lights under the canopy when the time comes!

EDIT: Also wanna say I cant wait until I get some grows under my belt and upgrade to a bigger tent and can come back for my Mars Hydro LED!!

Just wanted to say thanks to everyone who helped me over the past few days. Decided im going to use a 125w CFL w/ Reflector, SOG and LST the plant and maybe add a few lights under the canopy when the time comes!

EDIT: Also wanna say I cant wait until I get some grows under my belt and upgrade to a bigger tent and can come back for my Mars Hydro LED!!

You won't regret it! Make sure you start up a grow journal and add a link to your signature so people can find your journal easily.

When you're ready to expand, you will LOVE the Mars Hydro LED panels. I know I love mine :)

:Namaste:

Thank you, everyone, great resource here. :thanks:

I have one more question for the night. Does anyone know by how much the temperature will increase running a 400w Mars II in a small closet or grow tent? Around 2'x2'x5', say? I was hoping it would raise it by 5 degrees or so.

GDP:Candyland looking ok. Mars doing a great job for her.

image19562.jpg

What is the best route/deal to go buying a Mars II? Contact Sara direct on here or just buy on there web site?

So far I've contacted them through ebay, their website, and here, and they gave me a slightly better price here. Someone named Lucy - who says she's Sara's assistant - responded to me through Sara's email account and that is where I got the best price.

edit: Someone PM'd me about this but I need 50 posts to use PMs, sorry whoever that is

Back
Top Bottom