Mars-Hydro LED Grow Light Discussion

Hey Sara,

What a fool who did this! Lucky you haven't already refunded as it looks like they're trying to scam you. Based on the pictures, I'd cease communications with this buyer and add their email to your blacklist/junk mail :)

I bet they'll next be saying that they did put the light in there and this has happened in transit.. lol's...

Haha, thanks supersmoker81, we are still working on it. :Namaste:
Hey Sara,

What a fool who did this! Lucky you haven't already refunded as it looks like they're trying to scam you. Based on the pictures, I'd cease communications with this buyer and add their email to your blacklist/junk mail :)

I bet they'll next be saying that they did put the light in there and this has happened in transit.. lol's...

Thanks for the warm welcome, Sara! :D

Correct, I haven't quiet decided on my setup but so far it's a toss up between a single 400w Mars II or two single 300w old models. Thank you for your information on what size grow tent, that'll come in handy! I was just hoping to hear what some of the customers here would do in my situation :p

That's right, if he send the light back, we will surely refund his money, don't know why he just send that back to us, it is not making any sense, he wasted his money on the shipping also will not get the refund. :volcano-smiley:
that scam is used on Ebay all the time , Amazon refuses to refund until inspected , . they try to use the shipping weight & tracking# to say they shipped it back when they make the claim to paypal that u refused to refund . You did the right thing with the Pix Good Job . they sent the packing materials back but no light , they NEVER were gonna send the light back ,all a scam to get a free light assy

"Quote Originally Posted by SmokeSara View Post
That's right, if he send the light back, we will surely refund his money, don't know why he just send that back to us, it is not making any sense, he wasted his money on the shipping also will not get the refund. "

Sounds like he was 'stoned' and wanted to share his euphoric state with you Sara .. he was definitely 'stoned' when he shipped the stone to you .. pictures speak a 1000 words .. another reason to buy directly from Mars .. no middle man

Imo....I've had 2 mars 2 1600w for 2 months now. ...what I learned is plants not use to the led light or watt difference is they struggle in start...spotting will appear....i kept light high 30 inches or so....1st week...entering second week of bloom i lower light daily....i have found no spotting...i feel if the plant can adjust....it will adapt...but some strains may not...genetics are a big roll too
my bloom i end up at 12 to 18 inches.....closer is always better....
i am very pleased with my 1600w....bigger buds...healthier...

Sara, as everyone else has said whoever did that is a low-life scam artist... Screw them. That's BS.. I want to believe people are generally good in this world, but then you see this happen and are reminded that there are assholes out there. Don't give em a penny!!!!

How close can I get with the Mars II 900W ?

I switched from hid to led after several weeks in flower

I started out at 24" for a week or two to allow plants to adjust to the new 'sun'

I've lowered a little each day and am at 18" now and wondering how much closer can I get?

I run my 900w at 12 inches. But like you, what I do is start out higher, and lower it little by little to see how close I can get with it. Just make sure you have good air circulation between the light and the tops of the plants. Put your hand right above the tops and see how hot it feels on your hand.

How close can I get with the Mars II 900W ?

I switched from hid to led after several weeks in flower

I started out at 24" for a week or two to allow plants to adjust to the new 'sun'

I've lowered a little each day and am at 18" now and wondering how much closer can I get?

Be careful with getting too close. "If the plants can handle it, what's the harm?" you ask. Well it may not be a big deal but the problem is the blending of the spectrum. Mars recommends their distances based on the fact at that distance your surface will get a good blend of all the lights. If it were a COB design, like their sun series, you could put the lights as close as the plants can withstand, like fluorescent and HID. I'm betting you can get them pretty close without any ill effects, just keep in mind the light spectrum's hitting the surface will be more discrete the closer you get.

My Mars II 700W still doing great job ;)

20150330_234919.jpg
20150330_234854.jpg

Auto Ultimate - LED Mars II 700W - 90X90 - Indoor

Wait till Mars Hydro starts using the newly announced Sharp COB 100 watt, 14,000 lumen led! 6 on a board will burn a hole through your tent! :)

Each one is about 3" ... In a few years....!?!

I guess what I should've said is that I've gotten as close as 12 inches with no problems. At the time the light was all the way up and couldnt go any further, and I got lucky and the plant stopped stretching. I didnt have any burn issues or bleaching, but it did drink a lot of CalMag when it was that close.

:high-five:
Thanks for the warm welcome, Sara! :D

Correct, I haven't quiet decided on my setup but so far it's a toss up between a single 400w Mars II or two single 300w old models. Thank you for your information on what size grow tent, that'll come in handy! I was just hoping to hear what some of the customers here would do in my situation :p

Your lights are sent out gdrocks, Tina will email you the tracking number :high-five:
Thank You Sara, cant wait to hear from you.
gdrocks

In fact we contact the buyer, he acted like he does not know anything about it. :volcano-smiley: Anyway, we will find way out, hope paypal will be on our side this time. :Namaste:
that scam is used on Ebay all the time , Amazon refuses to refund until inspected , . they try to use the shipping weight & tracking# to say they shipped it back when they make the claim to paypal that u refused to refund . You did the right thing with the Pix Good Job . they sent the packing materials back but no light , they NEVER were gonna send the light back ,all a scam to get a free light assy

Thanks oldgro :circle-of-love:
Sounds like he was 'stoned' and wanted to share his euphoric state with you Sara .. he was definitely 'stoned' when he shipped the stone to you .. pictures speak a 1000 words .. another reason to buy directly from Mars .. no middle man

Back
Top Bottom