Mars-Hydro LED Grow Light Discussion

Hello everyone I'm back with another question. Can anyone tell me the difference between the Mars2 1600 and the MarsPro Epistar320? From what I gather they use roughly the same amount of watts and they are basically the same exact size while using almost the same number of LED's and they say that they both use the Epistar HI-LED bulbs. I'm just starting to think that the difference in cost is to get the remote with built in timer and more adjustments for the lights such as seedling, veg and flower. Basically I plan on using these in a 4x8 tent and I'm trying to figure out if I would be better off with 2 - Epistar320's or getting 3 of the Mars2 1600's?

I need help, if someone knows the answer or what page the answer is on, id appreciate it. With this thread having 1341 pages its impossible to find the answer using the search button. By the way im a newbie grower. Heres the question, on ebay i can buy 4 of the original "reworked" marshydro lights with 5 watt chips for $606. Thats a combined true watt of 1070. The mars hydro 2 700 watts has a true watt of 320 for $303. So to get comparable wattage, i would be 3 of the mars hydro 2 for a cost of $909. Thats roughly a $300 difference. WHY??? I understand that the marshydro 2 has infra red and the reworked original doesnt but is the infrared really worth the additional $300? Is there something else im not aware of? Why is the original reworked only on ebay and not the mars hydro website? Thanks to anyones help, not trying to throw away money buying the wrong light,,,

:circle-of-love: waiting for the dry weight.:circle-of-love:
57 g wet.
image3628.jpeg

:circle-of-love: Hi Bugz, don't worry. The mix of HPS and LED will be great. They will make up for each other and supplement some light. Your plants will love to have them two.:Namaste:
Hey guys, just a question for you. I vegged some seeds out of a bag of weed for 5 weeks with a Mars hydro reflector and switched 12/12 lighting on the 2/11 but they stretched abit so I added a 400w hps. Will this be Allright mixing hps with led or should I stick to just one sort of light?

Cheers

Haha, it's worth a little more to bathe your plants earlier with the light. I am looking forward to seeing the set-up.:circle-of-love:
Wished I knew this but hey no problem but you guys did give a little off on the price. Just recieved my new Mars Pro 128. It takes a little while to learn the remote but it is going now. Pretty darn bright. This is what my plants been wanting for.

:circle-of-love: Hi kryq7ik, your are right. :hug: MarsII1600w and Epistar320 has the same led chips. Epistar320 differs from MarsII1600w in design and features. Mars Pro Epistar320 assembles leds in a cob and mixes different spectrum together so as to ensure balance lighting. The remote controller of Epistar320 will help to customize the ratio of blue and red as you want. It's very convenient. :cheesygrinsmiley: However, if you compare 2pcs Epistar320 with 3pcs MarsII1600w, 3pcs 1600w will give you stronger power.:high-five: kind of struggling...
Hello everyone I'm back with another question. Can anyone tell me the difference between the Mars2 1600 and the MarsPro Epistar320? From what I gather they use roughly the same amount of watts and they are basically the same exact size while using almost the same number of LED's and they say that they both use the Epistar HI-LED bulbs. I'm just starting to think that the difference in cost is to get the remote with built in timer and more adjustments for the lights such as seedling, veg and flower. Basically I plan on using these in a 4x8 tent and I'm trying to figure out if I would be better off with 2 - Epistar320's or getting 3 of the Mars2 1600's?

:welcome: welcome, enoxick, I would love to help. Sometimes I also find it hard to find what I said before from 1300 pages...:smokin: Not just because of IR leds, there is a reason why the old model 600w is cheaper. We don't label the price only according to true watt. The old model is made cheaper so the price is less. Its material, casing and leds are different from MarsII and Reflector series. They are just made for the competition on Ebay. As you may notice, you can find many similar white panels on Ebay. Some even sells less and has the same true watt.:Namaste: We couldn't give the same guarentee for the old model as our MarsII and Reflector series so we don't list them at our website anymore.:Namaste:
I need help, if someone knows the answer or what page the answer is on, id appreciate it. With this thread having 1341 pages its impossible to find the answer using the search button. By the way im a newbie grower. Heres the question, on ebay i can buy 4 of the original "reworked" marshydro lights with 5 watt chips for $606. Thats a combined true watt of 1070. The mars hydro 2 700 watts has a true watt of 320 for $303. So to get comparable wattage, i would be 3 of the mars hydro 2 for a cost of $909. Thats roughly a $300 difference. WHY??? I understand that the marshydro 2 has infra red and the reworked original doesnt but is the infrared really worth the additional $300? Is there something else im not aware of? Why is the original reworked only on ebay and not the mars hydro website? Thanks to anyones help, not trying to throw away money buying the wrong light,,,

:D
Lemon Kush. 3 weeks vegged under low powered LED's ufos
Flowered under mars hydro reflector 96x5

any guessers, 2 oz dry?

12-14 grams at most.

I am guessing 1 oz.

depends...18 grams cured at 25% moisture Ho hoho!

24 grams dry,trim those sugar leaves out....

You will lose approximately 75% in water weight during the drying process, so you are looking at about 14-15 g of dry weight.

The name of the game is "I win". :high-five: Thank you LEDCanuck2, for confirming what I thought before even knowing the wet weight. Boom!

Here are a few pics of my thunderhaze autos from genofarm seeds under a mars reflector 144x5 and mars2 700. in you would like to see the grow please click on the link in my description under current grows :thanks:

IMG_152922.JPG
IMG_153320.JPG
IMG_153921.JPG
IMG_154225.JPG
IMG_154319.JPG
IMG_154620.JPG
IMG_154722.JPG
IMG_155026.JPG

:circle-of-love:Hello, my dearest friends. New stock has arrived Australia. :circle-of-love:
MarsII1600w 60pcs
MarsII1200w 73pcs
MarsII900w 88pcs
MarsII700w 57pcs
MarsII400w 164pcs
Reflector144 78pcs
Reflector96 86pcs
Reflector48LED 63pcs
Tent 70*70*160 49pcs
Tent 100*100*180 46pcs
Tent 120*120*200 47pcs
Tent 145*145*200 26pcs
:cheer: feel free to get one. They are brand new!

The name of the game is "I win". :high-five: Thank you LEDCanuck2, for confirming what I thought before even knowing the wet weight. Boom!

well then again that wet weight was from 2 days of it already sitting dry. so maybe still in that 14+g range... which i'm not so happy about, but i do have 5-8 more harvest coming along soon.
This is just one plant.

lemon kush suppose to be a low yielder 8-10wk and low yield but dang lol, i must've messed up somewhere in my garden.

well then again that wet weight was from 2 days of it already sitting dry. so maybe still in that 14+g range... which i'm not so happy about, but i do have 5-8 more harvest coming along soon.
This is just one plant.

lemon kush suppose to be a low yielder 8-10wk and low yield but dang lol, i must've messed up somewhere in my garden.

You didn't mess up you did good and from here on out every yield will be better, don't listen to the group on here that don't like LED's and spew garbage every time someone has a harvest. You did good and you will do better next time around.

Haha, it's worth a little more to bathe your plants earlier with the light. I am looking forward to seeing the set-up.:circle-of-love:

Well, I like the light but more time to figure out the remote. I thought I had it going. Ran fine but the light didn't turn off at the time I had it programmed for. It came on as programmed but did not turn off. I had the AUTO set to the program. I assume that the AUTO button turns it off and on Hmmm maybe I pressed the memory button and not the AUTO. Will give it another try. This remote has to be easier than it looks. LOL But the light is very bright and so far happy with it. My next harvest I believe will be twice the harvest that I have coming out of the grow tent here shortly.

This is just one plant.

Don't feel like you messed up. This is how you learn to grow. A lot of people think that led's are going to do all the work for you and give a great yield. They will give a good yield if you understand how to use them correctly.

If you are growing in soil, it will be a little hard to get big yields because your plant is not going to stretch that much in flower as it would with hps. You have to veg a little longer to get a bigger plant if growing in soil to get a good yield in the end.

Hydro and Coco are different because you can force the plant to produce more because you are feeding every day or every other day, and that is something you can't do in soil. Also in soil, I could never keep up with nutrient needs of the plant. There was always some kind of phosphorus or calcium deficiency.

I have the same issues with my remote , last night it didn't come to full brightness until I hit m0 again and ok. This morning it didn't go through its routine either , just stayed on . I've found sometimes I have to send the info multiple times for it to take.

Back
Top Bottom