Mars-Hydro LED Grow Light Discussion

Don't feel like you messed up. This is how you learn to grow. A lot of people think that led's are going to do all the work for you and give a great yield. They will give a good yield if you understand how to use them correctly.

If you are growing in soil, it will be a little hard to get big yields because your plant is not going to stretch that much in flower as it would with hps. You have to veg a little longer to get a bigger plant if growing in soil to get a good yield in the end.

Hydro and Coco are different because you can force the plant to produce more because you are feeding every day or every other day, and that is something you can't do in soil. Also in soil, I could never keep up with nutrient needs of the plant. There was always some kind of phosphorus or calcium deficiency.

We all learn to grow in our own way, the plants tell us what they need and we add as we go. I have found that if I want more stretch in veg I move the light away so the plant stretches and closer if I want less stretch.The range of distance is only a guide line the plant will tell you what it needs.

You didn't mess up you did good and from here on out every yield will be better, don't listen to the group on here that don't like LED's and spew garbage every time someone has a harvest. You did good and you will do better next time around.

Who spewed any garbage about his harvest? He asked if anyone had a guess, and I did as a few others did, and I was right about my guess. That's all.

I have the same issues with my remote , last night it didn't come to full brightness until I hit m0 again and ok. This morning it didn't go through its routine either , just stayed on . I've found sometimes I have to send the info multiple times for it to take.

Glad I am not the only one. LOL Right now my plants are in their 12 hour darkness but I did try pushing the AUTO and then OK. The light turned on but did a second on and off flash as thro it acknowledged the program. When I hooked it up in the tent for the first time, I think what I did was hit the memory but in which I should may have pushed AUTO. When it is time for the light to come, I will check. May have to take the light out and put it somewhere so that I can do the program without screwing up my plants cycle. With the slow light turn on like imitating Sun raise and Sundown, I can see where the power savings would come in.

I have the same issues with my remote , last night it didn't come to full brightness until I hit m0 again and ok. This morning it didn't go through its routine either , just stayed on . I've found sometimes I have to send the info multiple times for it to take.

i had the same issue man it was killer. what worked for me was just hitting the Manuel button, the times and intensity should be set correctly for the mode selected, and hit ok. seems to have make it work for me

Hey Sara I was wondering if you guys happen to have PAR comparison diagrams like you had in the video that compared the different lenses of the mars 700w but for the Epistar 320 vs the Cree 256 or for the Mars2 1600w?

Here are some more harvest pics. Happy with the result but next time I think I will add a 250w HPS to the mars hydro, for me this gives the best combination of lighting.

Some pretty autumn colours

day_59_of_flowering_-_autumn_colours.jpg

Lights on

day_59_flower_lights_on.jpg

K211.jpg

Napalm_.jpg

purps16.jpg

:party::party: one of them is super dense.:thumb: thanks for choosing us, you are a good grower, Brian!:cheer:
Here are a few pics of my thunderhaze autos from genofarm seeds under a mars reflector 144x5 and mars2 700. in you would like to see the grow please click on the link in my description under current grows :thanks:

IMG_152922.JPG
IMG_153320.JPG
IMG_153921.JPG
IMG_154225.JPG
IMG_154319.JPG
IMG_154620.JPG
IMG_154722.JPG
IMG_155026.JPG

i had the same issue man it was killer. what worked for me was just hitting the Manuel button, the times and intensity should be set correctly for the mode selected, and hit ok. seems to have make it work for me

Once my analog timer pin got hit and there was 15 mins of dark out of 12hrs USER ERROR I think.... :volcano-smiley:

:circle-of-love: iseckz, you will get better result next time, for sure. Lesson learning is key to success.:thumb:
well then again that wet weight was from 2 days of it already sitting dry. so maybe still in that 14+g range... which i'm not so happy about, but i do have 5-8 more harvest coming along soon.
This is just one plant.

lemon kush suppose to be a low yielder 8-10wk and low yield but dang lol, i must've messed up somewhere in my garden.

:thanks: it's very sweet of you, Neil. :hug: in this community, we help and encourage each other. Then we develop together.:dreamy: You guys are very tolerant of us every time we made some mistakes. :circle-of-love: Love you so much.:circle-of-love:
You didn't mess up you did good and from here on out every yield will be better, don't listen to the group on here that don't like LED's and spew garbage every time someone has a harvest. You did good and you will do better next time around.

:thanks: Hi Riden, here is the solution. You need to press "Test" to test the mode after the set-up. It only takes a few minutes for the light to go through the whole process. Then the light will remember this mode and work properly as you set it up. :Namaste: If it's not the case, you'd better to save the mode as M0, M1 or M2 after you set up the Auto. Don't just leave it in Auto mode. Let me know whether it works. :high-five:
Well, I like the light but more time to figure out the remote. I thought I had it going. Ran fine but the light didn't turn off at the time I had it programmed for. It came on as programmed but did not turn off. I had the AUTO set to the program. I assume that the AUTO button turns it off and on Hmmm maybe I pressed the memory button and not the AUTO. Will give it another try. This remote has to be easier than it looks. LOL But the light is very bright and so far happy with it. My next harvest I believe will be twice the harvest that I have coming out of the grow tent here shortly.

:thanks: thank you for these kind words. I feel like falling in love with you...:hug:
Don't feel like you messed up. This is how you learn to grow. A lot of people think that led's are going to do all the work for you and give a great yield. They will give a good yield if you understand how to use them correctly.

If you are growing in soil, it will be a little hard to get big yields because your plant is not going to stretch that much in flower as it would with hps. You have to veg a little longer to get a bigger plant if growing in soil to get a good yield in the end.

Hydro and Coco are different because you can force the plant to produce more because you are feeding every day or every other day, and that is something you can't do in soil. Also in soil, I could never keep up with nutrient needs of the plant. There was always some kind of phosphorus or calcium deficiency.

:circle-of-love: Hi flyboy, I have checked with engineer about it. He says maybe the remote controller is a little far from the light or is there any obstacles between them.

:circle-of-love:Hi kryq7ik, we have tested the PAR of these three. I will send you a PM. :Namaste:
Hey Sara I was wondering if you guys happen to have PAR comparison diagrams like you had in the video that compared the different lenses of the mars 700w but for the Epistar 320 vs the Cree 256 or for the Mars2 1600w?

I am glad to know it works! :circle-of-love: Hope we can make an instruction video soon. :Namaste: This week we will upload three videos. Someone will hate us... :cheesygrinsmiley:

:party::party: good harvest!:thumb: You can enjoy yourself for some time. :)
Here are some more harvest pics. Happy with the result but next time I think I will add a 250w HPS to the mars hydro, for me this gives the best combination of lighting.

Some pretty autumn colours

day_59_of_flowering_-_autumn_colours.jpg

Lights on

day_59_flower_lights_on.jpg

K211.jpg

Napalm_.jpg

purps16.jpg

:cheesygrinsmiley: that's true.Kogs, the best guesser of the month. :yahoo:
The name of the game is "I win". :high-five: Thank you LEDCanuck2, for confirming what I thought before even knowing the wet weight. Boom!

I tried just the manual button , didn't work , tried just the m0 button also , don't know anymore what does work , it's on anyway and hopefully runs through its program

Back
Top Bottom