Mars-Hydro LED Grow Light Discussion

Can you link the video to where they took the pro series apart . I would like to know what kind of drivers and leds they use . All I've read is they use upgraded drivers and leds .. but I would like to know kind . My pro 160 is kicking ass tho!!!

It is on Colorado's Finest you tube

Well.....here goes nothing. I first initially thought I would get 27 in there but I decided to go with 23 instead. I will be backing it away from the wall about 2 feet or so but you guys get the idea......crazy or does this look doable? =)

How many marshydro lights will I need to cover these? its 4x13
IMG_035442.JPG

That's 52 sqft I'm running three 900 and two 144 x 5 in 45 sqft (5X9) and it is working fine at 40 draw watts per foot just work on a good air movement and exhaust system.

I would have to agree. I had 6 of these lights. Both reflectors and mars 2. The reflectors are pretty decent. (read no issues). The Mars 2 is pure junk. All are down more than up. I have replaced drivers multiple times in every mars 2 I own. Now one of my 1200's and my 1600 are out again. Not the drivers this time, a whole new problem. On the 1200 there are 2 full banks of lights that do not work. All drivers tested and they are fine. The 1600 has one full bank out. Same deal, drivers are all fine. What are the odds the entire bank of leds went bad at the same time? I have owned these lights for nearly 2 years. Don't waste your money. The yield is not as good as hps. although the tric production seems slightly better with the mars. While Mars has been good sending me drivers as they go out, replacing them every few months is unacceptable. I came, I saw, I was unimpressed. I got rid of most of the lights. The rest will leave soon. Back to HPS for me.

I also have to concur. I like my Reflector for veg but am now dealing with burnt out LEDs on my Mars II 1200w after being extremely fussy with it (ie: having a dedicated fan trained on it since day one, having temperatures inside the tent never exceed 85F) and it is less than a year old.

I said it a few pages ago, but as meaningful replies in this thread get buried under countless posts wishing Sara good morning, I'll say it again.

In my experience these LED panels are toys compared to HPS lights. Initially when I received the Mars II it was nice and bright, but has significantly dimmed since using it for less than a year. And on top of that I get burnt out LEDs after taking good care of it.

I have two identical tents, one with the Mars light and one with a Gavita 600w and let me tell you the HPS blows the LED out of the water in terms of growth, tightness of bud, and overall health and vigour of the plants. Simply put it is clear to see that the plants prefer the HPS. I tried the Mars panel for flowering and went into it with an open mind, I wanted to like the light, but I will be replacing the Mars light with another HPS.

I would have to agree. I had 6 of these lights. Both reflectors and mars 2. The reflectors are pretty decent. (read no issues). The Mars 2 is pure junk. All are down more than up. I have replaced drivers multiple times in every mars 2 I own. Now one of my 1200's and my 1600 are out again. Not the drivers this time, a whole new problem. On the 1200 there are 2 full banks of lights that do not work. All drivers tested and they are fine. The 1600 has one full bank out. Same deal, drivers are all fine. What are the odds the entire bank of leds went bad at the same time? I have owned these lights for nearly 2 years. Don't waste your money. The yield is not as good as hps. although the tric production seems slightly better with the mars. While Mars has been good sending me drivers as they go out, replacing them every few months is unacceptable. I came, I saw, I was unimpressed. I got rid of most of the lights. The rest will leave soon. Back to HPS for me.

Not to start a argument but I find it interesting that some people have several lights bought at different times that have run for over a year even some that have run over two years yet experience no trouble. There are several who have switched from hps and gotten equal or better results without dealing with excessive heat and it's problems. Some have purchased expensive LED lights and found them no better than Mars lights (and they don't have Sara) or warranty coverage on their product they will stand behind.
The lights are just a part of a system that either works together or areas of it fails, instead of blaming equipment use the forum and try and find out why others do not have the same problems. When setting up ask questions LED'S are a bit different to grow with than HPS, plants react different and they require different care.

The biggest issue I see with any of the less expensive LED lights is the drivers are in the light and exposed to any moisture in the grow area unlike a hid/hps that have a remote ballast. Now there are moisture proof LED'S but a 450 watt will set you back around $1300 so it's kind of out of the hobby range. Simple fix is air movement and exhaust and take the time to clean your grow area and lights between grows.
I hope this can help someone out after almost two years of daily use with eight Mars Hydro lights I have only had to replace one LED chip on the oldest panel

:cheer:Congrats on the new light! :cheer: Mars Pro will run cooler and we does have upgrade the driver.:cheesygrinsmiley:
Get the pro 2 320
the pro series runs super cool .
My epistar 160 doesn't raise the temps in closet at all .
If any maybe a degree or 2 .
Better drivers better heatsinks and better LEDs are used in the pro series compared to the mars 2 series of panels .
Diffently worth the extra money ..

:Namaste:randy~thanks for those words. We will charge it for what it worths.:high-five:
The LED chips are the cheap parts if you look at the photos of the pro lights that have been taken apart the drivers and other electronic parts have received a major upgrade and that's where the cost comes from. I don't care who builds it once you get to the high output multi channel sealed driver lights the Pro lights are actually reasonably priced.
I have been shopping and other 450 - 800 draw watt comparable lights are $900 - $1400 and most do not have all the options of the Pro Series

:circle-of-love:Hi apeshot, sorry about the problem with the MarsII series. Have you sent us an email? We will try out best to solve the problem for our customers. If not at the weekends, we will reply within 24 hours.:Namaste:
Thanks, I have emailed them and so far the customer service has thankfully been different to how you describe your experience. It sucks when you buy something, have a hassle with the product and then no-one wants to hear about it. I hope you get a resolution.

For me after testing it side-by-side against my Gavita PRO 600w which I also bought new but at less than the price of the Mars Hydro, there really isn't any comparison. In all aspects the Gavita just blows it out of the water and makes it look like a toy.

And as much as I was impressed with the Mars Hydro initially, I share your same sentiments about the brightness noticeably diminishing. So I will be buying another Gavita and storing the Mars Hydro 1200w as a backup or loaner light.

I will however continue using my Mars Hydro 96x5 Reflector for veg as I have been impressed with it for a while now. For it's price point and performance it represents a much, much better buy than any of the other model Mars Hydro lights, in my opinion.

:circle-of-love:Hi tyson, you can choose to fix it by yourself or repair it at our repair service center. We don't have one in Canada, but we will cover the charge for repair if you find someone to help.:high-five:
I agree they work great for Veg. Now watch themail send u parts so u can fix the light yourself lol some warranty huh. Like I said at least I can use the fans and drivers to make a cree cob light that will blow anything mars makes out of the water.

:yahoo:I couldn't wait to see the dry weight!:hug: Reflector and MarsII will also work great!:high-five:
They are still hanging Sara you believe I will show the dry weight lol. I am happy. I want to get a pro but for the money I think i might just get two reflector or another 1200. Either way Mars lights work great.

:laugh:Haha Stoney, you can consider about other series rather than MarsII, so you will know the differences.:)
Mars is the best for the money that's for sure. I am just going around and around debating whether to try the pro or get 2 reflector or another 1200. I wish I could make up my mind .

:circle-of-love:Hello CrazyCanuck, the price at the website is in US dollars and for US customers....:straightface: There is also extra charge for shipping to Canada...:blushsmile: It will ship from Mississauga, ON, Canada.:Namaste:
Good Day Sara. I am seriously considering the purchase of 2 Mars II 1200 or possibly the Mars II 1600. I am in Canada and was wondering what the cost would be in Canadian dollars and where is it shipped from. If the prices on your website are US then I cannot afford with a 40% exchange rate. Thanks Sara.

:thanks:you are welcome, Dennise:hug: Glad to know you love it.:Namaste:
Got my new tent today Sara... Thank you very much... I love my M-H's and I'm a real person...:yahoo:....:circle-of-love:

:circle-of-love:Hi Dropout, the MarsII before has the problem of the lens, so it would probably give rise to the dim leds. Having found out the cause, we have corrected the problem soon.:Namaste: We will help to solve the problem for our customers.:high-five: LEDs and HPS have its respective advantages. I think the main difference is that LEDs concentrates on the spectrum for plant's photosynthesis which is Blue and Red while HPS is white only and will waste some light. :love:
mars 2 is good for the price cause u will most likely end up with burnt leds or just no light in the middle of your grow... price always matches quality and ur light is the main factor of your grow... its your sun.... when you do the math lumens/per watt gram per watt ppfd etc... its a very cheap light with not much advantages then a hps if you cant afford a real led light just stick to hps trust me.

:cheesygrinsmiley:Take Epistar320 for example, you probably need at least 4pcs.
Well.....here goes nothing. I first initially thought I would get 27 in there but I decided to go with 23 instead. I will be backing it away from the wall about 2 feet or so but you guys get the idea......crazy or does this look doable? =)

How many marshydro lights will I need to cover these? its 4x13
IMG_035442.JPG

:thanks:thanks for the help, Shelby!:circle-of-love:
I am also a Canadian and have ordered twice from Mars in the last half year. Lights ship from Mississauga Ont.
Lights are priced in US funds and your CC will charge the current exchange rate. I suggest emailing Lucy from Mars and ask her for her best shipped price for her Canadian 420 forum members.
I was given a reasonable (better) discount through Lucy this way.
Take care.
forum@mars-hydro.com

:circle-of-love:Hi Northman, I have consulted with the engineer. It's possible due to the led diodes, which has given rise to the one full bank out. Northman, you can send the lights to our repair service center for check and repairment.:Namaste: We will fix it for you.

Back
Top Bottom