Mars-Hydro LED Grow Light Discussion

SKUNK Been growin in live soil under mars 1200 since Dec

THEN
20151207_180245_1_.jpg

NOW
20160327_133904_1_.jpg

r00tdoctor
Sounds like a good plan, but the autos I grew vegged for about 3 weeks and were in flower. Total will be 11 weeks plus. I am running 18/6 so I am vegging 4 plants in there for after the 3 autos are done, and its a jungle in there.I started next run seeds about 2 weeks too early. You could have a great setup for photos, veg then, take a clone, flower for 8-9 weeks as you veg the clone, repeat. harvest every 8-9 weeks.
I concur on herbies, lotta free stuff from breeders and free stuff from herbie, my 4 in veg are one each from herbie seed, all germed and all 4 are healthy plants, ready for 12/12. And thats an option, finish my autos on 12/12, but when my vegimites flower they will explode, so im waiting until about a week out.

I realize it will be around 70-80 days or so until my first harvest, when I mentioned a perpetual harvest every 35 days or so I was referring to the second batch of seeds I will be starting 35-40 days into my first grow for the second grow and thereafter perpetually. I have been trying to narrow down the strains to autos that will finish in that time-frame but are still potent and good quality.

The problem I currently have with photo-period strains is achieving the frequency of harvest I am comfortable with, I will need to set up a separate stealth Veg/mother/clone area apart from the stealth flower/veg auto area that I am working on. As I like having a harvest every month or so perpetual style. which I plan on doing this after one or two auto harvest. Already been wanting photo-period strains such as elemental seeds honey bananas but its a no-go until I have a separate area set up.

I might go with herbies, in the past I have used both attitude, and a relatively obscure smaller vendor growshopalien. My seed order will actually be put in later tonight when I have time to finalize my choices.

r00tdoctor
Sounds like a good plan, but the autos I grew vegged for about 3 weeks and were in flower. Total will be 11 weeks plus. I am running 18/6 so I am vegging 4 plants in there for after the 3 autos are done, and its a jungle in there.I started next run seeds about 2 weeks too early. You could have a great setup for photos, veg then, take a clone, flower for 8-9 weeks as you veg the clone, repeat. harvest every 8-9 weeks.
I concur on herbies, lotta free stuff from breeders and free stuff from herbie, my 4 in veg are one each from herbie seed, all germed and all 4 are healthy plants, ready for 12/12. And thats an option, finish my autos on 12/12, but when my vegimites flower they will explode, so im waiting until about a week out.

:)wow, Stoney, it's on the way. :goodluck: I wish to see all of them sprouting.:high-five:
Alright got the seeds germinating. Put them in a glass of water in about 18 hours I'll put in a paper towel. I hope they all pop.

Hey All
I plan on replacing some leds on my reflector over the next week or so. I have watched the Mars video and another. All the light are still working but 2 blue ones look a little over heated, probably from last summer. I have the replacements ready. It doesn't look too hard.

I wonder if determining the positive from negative will be a problem. ?

Anyone have any advice for the first time taking apart a grow light?

solder iron warming up...

:kiss:Hi keltic, there is supposed to be mark for negative and positive.
Hey All
I plan on replacing some leds on my reflector over the next week or so. I have watched the Mars video and another. All the light are still working but 2 blue ones look a little over heated, probably from last summer. I have the replacements ready. It doesn't look too hard.

I wonder if determining the positive from negative will be a problem. ?

Anyone have any advice for the first time taking apart a grow light?

solder iron warming up...

:kiss:Hi keltic, there is supposed to be mark for negative and positive.

Most Excellent SmokeSara.

No marks to be seen on the tabs. One tab is different from the other. One tab is solid and the other has a rectangular hole in it.

Photo evidence : - )

Tab with hole:
CIMG01551.jpg

Tab with out hole
CIMG0157.jpg

Top view
CIMG01541.jpg

otherside view
CIMG01582.jpg

My guess is When I take the old led off it will be obvious.

Also I may do a photo tutorial of the repair, I also may just wanna get it done. It has been a long time since (1985-88) I went to technical school where I learned to repair a great many things. Electrical was not my favorite but this looks easy. Famous last words, ; - )

:thanks:

And I cannot find my multimeter, Errrrr.

Hi Sara,

I still have not received my replacement parts to fix my burnt out LEDs on my Mars II 1200w.

COCO has not responded to me for a week.

I was told that the parts were shipped to me on the 11th so of this month so it is heading towards three weeks now.

Please can we sort something out.

I have 3 platinum led they are good and reliable no problems but i was looking into mars 1200 are the old ones with no switches having the problems or is it the new version with the switches? Or should I just go with the reflector series someone with knowledge on these lights let me I appreciate it.

Back
Top Bottom