Mars-Hydro LED Grow Light Discussion

Ok, if the lens has the purpose then I am not removing it.. I will try to disassemble it and try to polish it maybe that will work. Just tested other lamp, and it has no shades. Maybe Mars has manual of disassembling this unit ?

It's not a lense at all just a sheet of glass. Not sure who told the guy it was a lense. Some led manufactureres like eshine or platinum use actual lenses on each led, these Mars 2 do not.

It's not a lense at all just a sheet of glass. Not sure who told the guy it was a lense. Some led manufactureres like eshine or platinum use actual lenses on each led, these Mars 2 do not.
I guess tell that to Mars hydro because they don't know that either.
7399714697fee22ec0a755226a98bce3.jpg

Sent From The Cloud
Happy Growing

How far would i keep a 144x5 reflectlor light from plants??
and if i put a second 144x5 reflector in my grow space would i have to raise the light higher??
:scratchinghead: :scratchinghead: :scratchinghead:

Mon_Feb_29_05-45-01.jpg
IMG_20160305_133559222.jpg
IMG_20160305_133537702.jpg
IMG_20160305_133607343.jpg

I use 3 144's in mine Keep them 18 to 24 inches during veg I use 20 and for flower 12 to 18 inches I used 15 I keep them level no need to move em up
Be Well
J D

I believe they say Lens as it applies to something that covers the LED so as not to cause damage to the LED's while moving, shipping, etc.

I have a Mars and have removed the Plastic, it has been running like this for a few years with no issue.

Imagine what would be said if there was nothing there, just bare LED's

Don't over think it, it is plastic, and not very good plastic LMAO!!

:circle-of-love:Hi LiquidBud, you can open the light and clean it with cloth. :circle-of-love:
Hey MARS users!

Just wanted to pop a question and maybe you have a solution for this. Im owning a MarsII 1200W light, but the problem i get is i have something simmilar to fog on the sides of LED, only center is w/o fog. What could this be? When I turn off the light I can see something like this:

IMGP3979.JPG

IMGP3981.JPG

As you can see the first row of leds are like under shadow or fog, it gets much more visible with the lights on. It's not from a humidity, and its from an inside of the glass.
Im worried if my plants are getting needed light from under these clouds..

:circle-of-love:Hi Liquid, please tell me whether it's like water vapor or something like oil when you clean it. You can remove the glass.:Namaste:
Yes, it seems that heat has something to do with this. I have another panel which is unused, but I dont want to replace this as I am not sure what have caused this.. Im thinking about removing the glass (cutting it out with glasscutter) do you think it's nescesarry to have glass lid on ?

:circle-of-love:yes, it's possible. If under continous heat for a long time, the glue of the lens will emit some vapour. It's normal. Just clean it and everything will be ok.:high-five:
Strange man . It has to be the lens from the heat of the led . Or something like that

Sent from my SM-P600 using 420

:)haha, lens will concentrate the light and increase intenisty while there is cons. It will hinder some light.
I believe the lens is there for intensity, or penetration.

Sent From The Cloud
Happy Growing

:circle-of-love:Hi Liquid, the cover is glass. Each led chip on MarsII has lens. It can not be removed. You can remove the glass cover. :circle-of-love: Here is our manual video for disassemling the unit. g7lipS2uM1o - YouTube:high-five:
Ok, if the lens has the purpose then I am not removing it.. I will try to disassemble it and try to polish it maybe that will work. Just tested other lamp, and it has no shades. Maybe Mars has manual of disassembling this unit ?

:hug:the lens other companies use are secondary lens. It's much bigger than our lens for the led chip.

:circle-of-love:Our MarsII and Reflector do have lens while our Pro and ProII series doesn't install lens. It's pure led chip.:cheesygrinsmiley:
I guess tell that to Mars hydro because they don't know that either.
7399714697fee22ec0a755226a98bce3.jpg

Sent From The Cloud
Happy Growing

:circle-of-love:Hi Jae, here is our recommend hanging height.
germination 24-30inches above the plants
veg:18-24 inches above the plants
flower:12-18 inches above the plants
:hug:Hmm... if the lights are too strong for your plants, you need to raise them higher.:high-five:
How far would i keep a 144x5 reflectlor light from plants??
and if i put a second 144x5 reflector in my grow space would i have to raise the light higher??
:scratchinghead: :scratchinghead: :scratchinghead:

:party:thanks for the eye candy!:party:
Mon_Feb_29_05-45-01.jpg
IMG_20160305_133559222.jpg
IMG_20160305_133537702.jpg
IMG_20160305_133607343.jpg

I use 3 144's in mine Keep them 18 to 24 inches during veg I use 20 and for flower 12 to 18 inches I used 15 I keep them level no need to move em up
Be Well
J D

Back
Top Bottom