Mars II 700w Standard/bloom/Veg?

dumbhighdea

Looking to start growing. I'm convinced the top led grow lights (mars 2) are solid by the talk on this forum. I don't have any lights as of now. Is the difference between the standard vet and bloom drastic enough to buy both a veg and a bloom or should I just go with the standard? Thanks for reading!

Just go with the standard spectrum. That way you can use it from beginning to end, instead of just one or the other. Just think, if you have different spectrum and one somehow goes out, you can't finish flower with a veg light. Plus, the standard is cheaper. I have a mars II 400 and 700 and love them

Just go with the standard spectrum. That way you can use it from beginning to end, instead of just one or the other. Just think, if you have different spectrum and one somehow goes out, you can't finish flower with a veg light. Plus, the standard is cheaper. I have a mars II 400 and 700 and love them

Hey peyton

How high do you hang your 700 w Mars away from a week old seedling?

yes, please go with standard spectrum, it is full spectrum lights, you can use it from beginnning to end:)

:thanks:@PeytonManning.

Hey Sara

I got a Mars hydro 700w in a small tent 70cm x 70cm x 160cm just 1 plant.
How high should I have the light from my week old seedling?
Growth appears stunted.
I was thinking of starting it with a cfl then switching to the Mars when more mature.
I just don't feel the seedling is doing well under it at the moment.

I suggest 30-40 inches (80-100cm) if she's not happy. Make sure she gets a dark period of no less than 6 hrs. Use the veg setting only for the first 2 weeks. move her out from directly under the light to a corner of the footprint for now too. Keep us posted.

Slowly start to move her to the center when she starts to perk up. If she starts to stretch, slowly move your light down.

At this stage, you may want to just bring it out and place it on a window ledge that gets natural sun for a few days. I doubt she stinks yet. Good Luck!!!

Hi Kindr3d, for small babies, it suggests 24inches and above, MarsII 700w is a little more than the grow space. You need to hang it higher or the baby can not take the heat. Cfl will be a good idea.
Hey Sara

I got a Mars hydro 700w in a small tent 70cm x 70cm x 160cm just 1 plant.
How high should I have the light from my week old seedling?
Growth appears stunted.
I was thinking of starting it with a cfl then switching to the Mars when more mature.
I just don't feel the seedling is doing well under it at the moment.

Hi Kindr3d, for small babies, it suggests 24inches and above, MarsII 700w is a little more than the grow space. You need to hang it higher or the baby can not take the heat. Cfl will be a good idea.

Thanks Sara

I have the light at the highest, how long do you recommend leaving under a CFL for?

Back
Top Bottom