MarsHydro 300 - Fan noise?

Iguana Man

Anyone else experience fan noise after a couple months of use with the MarsHydro 300? Specifically, I'm at 1,188 hrs into my grow and I now hear a slight fan noise. I'd describe it as something thin and pliable hitting the fan. It's not overly loud but it's there and I run a clean house so it's not like something suddenly got sucked into the fan vents.

I heard it slightly the other day and it seemed to have stopped. This morning nothing but now after 9 hours it's back and a bit louder.

I'm 6 weeks from harvest and will be mighty upset if she fails during this last stretch. :(

Anyone else experience fan noise after a couple months of use with the MarsHydro 300? Specifically, I'm at 1,188 hrs into my grow and I now hear a slight fan noise. I'd describe it as something thin and pliable hitting the fan. It's not overly loud but it's there and I run a clean house so it's not like something suddenly got sucked into the fan vents.

I heard it slightly the other day and it seemed to have stopped. This morning nothing but now after 9 hours it's back and a bit louder.

I'm 6 weeks from harvest and will be mighty upset if she fails during this last stretch. :(

I very recently had the same problem.
I bought the mars hydro 300 through amazon and contacted the seller.
Apart from asking me to open the fan and take a picture of the fan to email them for the correct size, it was problem free.
They mailed me a new fan which i got in a week and then installed in about 30 secs.

:thanks:
Apart from asking me to open the fan and take a picture of the fan to email them for the correct size, it was problem free.
They mailed me a new fan which i got in a week and then installed in about 30 secs.

Thanks. And your very first post on the forum is in reply to my problem. I'm so honored and . . . well, I'll just leave it at that.

I emailed a picture of the fan's label with all the pertinent info like model # but apparently the model # isn't enough to determine the correct size. They are asking for another picture of the whole fan because they seem to think they can troubleshoot the problem from a picture.

A picture. Seriously?

:hmmmm:

Our engineer can diagnose the problem from the picture first.:high-five:
I emailed a picture of the fan's label with all the pertinent info like model # but apparently the model # isn't enough to determine the correct size. They are asking for another picture of the whole fan because they seem to think they can troubleshoot the problem from a picture.

A picture. Seriously?

:hmmmm:

Our engineer can diagnose the problem from the picture first.:high-five:

With all due respect, you can't possibly believe that a still picture of the entire fan not running is going to provide an engineer the reason for it's intermittent noise. Come on now. Seriously?

Yeah, it's easy enough to take it down and apart again but this is beginning to feel like I'm having to jump through hoops when the logical reason screams faulty bearing or sleeve.

Regardless, I'll do as they wish.

Thanks.

It's been two days now without a peep. Not sure what to make of it but Sara, I'm going to wait it out and not bother with more photo's to the engineers for now.

:)

Back
Top Bottom