MerryAnna's Swazi Adventure

Thanks both for all of that! I'm stoked with what you say about winter growing- that's awesome and inspiring. My climate is pretty similar to what you mention but a bit colder, sometimes we get 0 overnight but only a few times. I'm sure there are ways and I think I'm inspired to try.
Can't quite PM yet ImHigh, and I do have a couple of seeds coming - fingers crossed, but will PM you for some advice for sure once I can ..

You two have a great weekend - I'm off to google 'hoop house'! .

As soon as you reply to this post you will have 50 which will allow you to private message me or anybody else put as for I am high I'm high and I am right here you just need one more posting

Thanks both for all of that! I'm stoked with what you say about winter growing- that's awesome and inspiring. My climate is pretty similar to what you mention but a bit colder, sometimes we get 0 overnight but only a few times. I'm sure there are ways and I think I'm inspired to try.
Can't quite PM yet ImHigh, and I do have a couple of seeds coming - fingers crossed, but will PM you for some advice for sure once I can ..

You two have a great weekend - I'm off to google 'hoop house'! .

You're very welcome! Feel free to comment or ask questions, this is going to be a super slow grow (note that i'm not posting pics of the seedlings, they haven't grown all that much yet. Outside, no extra lights, the real fun will only start when it's a bit warmer).
The plants for the winter grow germinated mid - late april (it's still hot here then), and the first winter chills blew in around mid may. I might have said this before, but light was (i suspect) the reason they flipped, not the cold. The small ones slept inside some nights when it got very cold, and the big pots were just tucked in with a frost cover at night.
I'm sure that there are ways to improve on this hare-brained scheme, like proper mulching, and hoop houses would be super effective. Maybe sowing in March to get some size on the girls. IDK. Don't have lots of time to think, busy prepping for spring (and digging is HARD work).
Just a little teaser: 6 week old, nice sunny spot, grown in situ. Snipped her top off last week. She's about 85cm tall right now.
420-magazine-mobile1182767702.jpg

You're very welcome! Feel free to comment or ask questions, this is going to be a super slow grow (note that i'm not posting pics of the seedlings, they haven't grown all that much yet. Outside, no extra lights, the real fun will only start when it's a bit warmer).
The plants for the winter grow germinated mid - late april (it's still hot here then), and the first winter chills blew in around mid may. I might have said this before, but light was (i suspect) the reason they flipped, not the cold. The small ones slept inside some nights when it got very cold, and the big pots were just tucked in with a frost cover at night.
I'm sure that there are ways to improve on this hare-brained scheme, like proper mulching, and hoop houses would be super effective. Maybe sowing in March to get some size on the girls. IDK. Don't have lots of time to think, busy prepping for spring (and digging is HARD work).
Just a little teaser: 6 week old, nice sunny spot, grown in situ. Snipped her top off last week. She's about 85cm tall right now.
420-magazine-mobile1182767702.jpg

Yep! She's pretty indeed! :battingeyelashes:

You're heaps north of me - i'm down around the Mid 30degSouth (how does one type a degrees symbol?). But maybe a lean-to covered 'house' off the shed is being discussed ... this site is so inspiring :peace::reading420magazine:

do you see all the lights or is it just me again she said to come talk to you everybody else said to come talk to you so I come talk to you

Yep! She's pretty indeed! :battingeyelashes:

You're heaps north of me - i'm down around the Mid 30degSouth (how does one type a degrees symbol?). But maybe a lean-to covered 'house' off the shed is being discussed ... this site is so inspiring :peace::reading420magazine:
Just remember 1 thing: all you need to grow is dirt, light & water. It's easy to get lost & confused in the threads & topics. Just remember that growing MJ is very simple & easy, and the plants tell you what they want. I forgot a girl i was breeding in my room for 2 weeks, limited sun, no water, and she still grew. They want to live, and they'll put up with a lot more than say primroses. It's not rocket science. Ask me, or iamhigh85 (you can PM now, 50 posts), or anyone who seems to know what they're doing. People on this site is v friendly compared to some others, and if we don't know, we'll find out, or send you to someone who knows more. ❤❤
This stuff changes your life, esp. if you use it for meds, and the bigger the community grows, the easier legalisation will come (although maybe not in N. Korea...). ✌

Just remember 1 thing: all you need to grow is dirt, light & water. It's easy to get lost & confused in the threads & topics. Just remember that growing MJ is very simple & easy, and the plants tell you what they want. I forgot a girl i was breeding in my room for 2 weeks, limited sun, no water, and she still grew. They want to live, and they'll put up with a lot more than say primroses. It's not rocket science. Ask me, or iamhigh85 (you can PM now, 50 posts), or anyone who seems to know what they're doing. People on this site is v friendly compared to some others, and if we don't know, we'll find out, or send you to someone who knows more. ❤❤
This stuff changes your life, esp. if you use it for meds, and the bigger the community grows, the easier legalisation will come (although maybe not in N. Korea...). ✌
Agree on the dirt light and water, they obviously have to be the best you can get your hands on and according to your budget lol. Other than that yes there are this and that you can do to increase your yields but as a beginner it's best to just stick to the basics.
I'm picking up on things here and there that I'm really interested in trying but that will be the next round.

On a positive note MA....

420-magazine-mobile1644103103.jpg

Your Vanilla . , just lemme know

Agree on the dirt light and water, they obviously have to be the best you can get your hands on and according to your budget lol. Other than that yes there are this and that you can do to increase your yields but as a beginner it's best to just stick to the basics.
I'm picking up on things here and there that I'm really interested in trying but that will be the next round.

On a positive note MA....

420-magazine-mobile1644103103.jpg

Your Vanilla . , just lemme know
I love you with the passion of a thousand suns. You are beyond awesome, you gorgeous man. Chat to you later.
Also: yippee! You can clone! Success feels great, doesn't it?

Nice looking little clone :good job: congratulations! I'm yet to try but everytime I see someone has done it for the first time - I'm inspired :bravo:

I like your avatar too - Federer is the bederer! lol One of my favourite things - feet up with plenty of bud and Roger on the telly. Saw him live when he was about 18 and it was a thing of true beauty even back then.

:Namaste:

Day 21:
I haven't done a vusual update on my 6 main journal girls in a while, so here goes:
420-magazine-mobile526874186.jpg

Top: A, B
Middle: C, D
Bottom: E, F
A & B had some nitrogen issues after transplanting & lost some lower leaves, but they're finally perking up. C-F have stayed in their little incubation chambers longer than i'd have liked, but we've been having a fair bit of cold & lots of wind, so i've left them put. I think i jumped the gun on my summer grow by about 2 weeks - the wind was expected, but not the low temps. It just makes me want to stay inside under the covers, so i'm guessing my girls feel the same.
Have a great week!

The papaya tree in the back yard sneaked a few fruits in this winter. I mashed up some fruit in different stages of ripeness with crude sugar (baby fruit, early ripening, middle ripening, fully ripe), and set it to one side under a weighted bucket to ferment. I'm making a "bloom" liquid fertilizer first, as i have a lot of plants in bloom at the moment, and i want to see if it will make a noticeable difference at various stages in bloom. It should be ready in a week or so, so...? We'll see soon.

Any chance you're willing to share details about how you make the DIY fertiliser? I'm intrigued, and as a new grower would love to be able to attempt this!

Just saw your post #105 about this... and the links, thanks. What is that you're using for starter? Is it milk?

Just saw your post #105 about this... and the links, thanks. What is that you're using for starter? Is it milk?
Hi, Amy.
You do a starch wash first: wash some rice, and the starchy fluid that comes off is the starter. You leave it lightly covered for +/- 5 days to attract wild bacteria. (Like making sourdough bread starter). Strain the yeasty, slightly sour water off, then mix that 1:10 with milk - 1 cup yeast water to 10 cups whole milk (you really don't need a lot of starch wash water).
The goal here is to seperate out the lactobacillus bacteria, which is the good kind of anaerobic bacteria, and then use that known good bacteria to ensure your diy fertiliser isn't actually toxic.
You ferment whatever plant materials you have at hand, be it boy weed plants, kelp (v.v. good one), papayas (), banana peels, herbs etc. Just google DIY LAB (lactobacillus), fermented plant juice/extract, korean natural farming.
Glad you want to try it. I'm very excited at the prospect of growing my meds totally organic, so i can't wait to see how it compares to the store bought stuff i had used long, long ago in a galaxy far away. ✌

Back
Top Bottom