MerryAnna's Swazi Adventure

Hiya, BRAINPAIN, welcome aboard. It's a really long grow, all landrace sativas, so buckle up. Will start the LAB proper this pm. If you want to google it, there are some recipes out there, it's very easy (like making a sourdough bread starter). It's just a way to make organic, liquid nutes targeted to specific areas of the plant. (Also, it's a way to get rid of some persistent garden weeds ). White rhino is on my wishlist ...
Check out the thread LMAO cloning for dummies, really solid advice for hassle-free cloning, but go right to the start, there's about 3000 posts on that one. Or pm Iamhigh85, he's brilliant with clones, even sent clones overseas in gatorade bottles. He da man.

I'm all ready here for if you have direct questions you can go to my thread LMAO cloning for dummies and ask directly as you go in either me or one of the people that have learned from the thread will answer

I am going to do this on your thread real quick versus a message reason for this is it will leave reference material for you and it will be reference for other people

The word Kush comes from Afghanistan named after the Hindu mountains of kush due to what grows there this is the reason they get their name Kush

Indica plants for the most part are smaller and bushier then sativa indica plants has more potency more of a couch lock feeling in most and in some you will find a relaxed feeling average height is about 3 ft tall you will get denser buds on smaller bushes it will take you a little time to perfect how to run into cuz but it is a much shorter flowering time which is great they can deal with heat a lot better due to where they are from

Training with an Indica is a lot easier than training with a sativa lot less stretch indicas are a more Hardy plant than sativas can give you stable genetics I like Bend training with them low stress training super cropping and fim

Your white rhino that you have on your wishlist is a great one to have but if you ever get a chance there is one call White Bubba Kush it is a cross between pre 98 Bubba Kush and the white in the Autoflower version it is a pre 98 Bubba Kush and a white widow Auto has same effect but Bubba crushes are a little easier to find very dense heavy nugs

420-magazine-mobile1414515012.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1629719538.jpg
420-magazine-mobile952022904.jpg
420-magazine-mobile310073031.jpg
this is white Bubba Kush untrimmed a week into curing low and slow drying method was used

One good thing about the cold:
The colours.
420-magazine-mobile496080699.jpg

420-magazine-mobile461117166.jpg

This girl stil has +/- 3 weeks to go, but the cold might've sped things up. This is an unverified landrace sativa, the smoke will tell the strain.

Man, you da man! Thanks so much, they are looking mighty fine. Are you gearing up for summer? Getting ready for T20, ODI's & a test series we'll draw? Maybe considering an outdoor grow? .
(Much easier ito lighting...LMAO)

Hey - there's another one ... Cricket is a favourite thing too ..

And I know those questions were directed at someone else - but yes to all!

I'm curious - what is that bud in your last photo? Did you do an indoor grow? I ask bc I'm sure we're close to the same latitude (although I am perhaps further south as I struggled with a long flowering sativa once that lost good light before finishing .) and you'd be hard pressed to get a bud like that outside at this time of year in these parts! And you mentioned cold - which made me think it is outside...

And, why does cold make nice colours? .

I have a few unknown landrace is that I have picked up through the years some being Indica some being sativa I even have one that is a rural Autoflower that I found in Atlanta Georgia I have not flowered most of these yet

Some plants turn colors in order to attract bees and other insects to help pollinate them this makes them stand out more than others and when you are talking about the cold making your plant turn colors like purple blue and red this is kind of like the same as frostbite in humans it got so cold that it actually started to malfunction the cells in the cell walls which causes it to create another chemical this chemical smells and tastes like grapes why I do not know but I will do more information on it to find out and then give you a more direct answer

Hey - there's another one ... Cricket is a favourite thing too ..

And I know those questions were directed at someone else - but yes to all!

I'm curious - what is that bud in your last photo? Did you do an indoor grow? I ask bc I'm sure we're close to the same latitude (although I am perhaps further south as I struggled with a long flowering sativa once that lost good light before finishing .) and you'd be hard pressed to get a bud like that outside at this time of year in these parts! And you mentioned cold - which made me think it is outside...

And, why does cold make nice colours? .

♩i don't like cricket , i love it! ♩
25/26°S. It's still winter, and i did an outdoor winter grow to see what would happen, very interesting experiment.
The colours manifest at better at colder temps at the end of flowering, like the plant is experiencing autumn. I don't normally get the colours in summer, it's just too hot. Another plus is that the plants, even though smaller than in summer, produce TONS of resin (self defence), cause the cold stresses them a lot.
The reason the seed is unverified: i have seeds from all over the country. Even though there are only a few known well internationally, the ones from different areas don't have a lot of press on the interweb, meaning i have to grow the seeds, check how it grows, harvest & smoke before i have a better idea of what i'm dealing with.
I suspect this one is from a higher laying region, going to harvest & it reveg-es for clones. Squat, almost indica fat leaves in flower, blackish purple, very pretty...

♩..i don't like cricket .., i love it! ..♩
25/26°S. It's still winter, and i did an outdoor winter grow to see what would happen, very interesting experiment.
The colours manifest at better at colder temps at the end of flowering, like the plant is experiencing autumn. I don't normally get the colours in summer, it's just too hot. Another plus is that the plants, even though smaller than in summer, produce TONS of resin (self defence), cause the cold stresses them a lot.
The reason the seed is unverified: i have seeds from all over the country. Even though there are only a few known well internationally, the ones from different areas don't have a lot of press on the interweb, meaning i have to grow the seeds, check how it grows, harvest & smoke before i have a better idea of what i'm dealing with.
I suspect this one is from a higher laying region, going to harvest & ... it reveg-es for clones. Squat, almost indica fat leaves in flower, blackish purple, very pretty...

Yes, a very interesting experiment - I'm intrigued. 25/26degC at the moment, you must be closer to the equator than I am! Have been thinking about how one would 'winter' clones without a permanent indoor set up so you have me fascinated by the prospect of producing such a sweet looking bud during winter. .. It's a nice little teaser & surprise to have gifted us with at this stage of your long Sativa adventure! .
I've always found seeds very hard to come by. People are, rightfully, cagey about it. So I've not grown much before (2mediun successful grows over the past 5years) Trying my first online seed procurements these days. A bit nerve wracking but it's nice to choose a strain as well .. I'm a little envious of your seed collection - even if you do have to grow and taste to see what you've got!! How terrible lol!! I read on another site a thread by a guy who is looking at being able to identify strain through the seed attributes. He seems to genuinely know what he's talking about - is pretty interesting but I guess it could be hooey. Seems kinda sound to me, but I'm a total novice to that kind of detail.

All my winter plants are in hoop houses and there are a lot of their ways to get legitimate strains and just going to the seed banks it's not that hard at all PM me and I will see if we can find you some help LOL

Yes, a very interesting experiment - I'm intrigued. 25/26degC at the moment, you must be closer to the equator than I am! Have been thinking about how one would 'winter' clones without a permanent indoor set up so you have me fascinated by the prospect of producing such a sweet looking bud during winter. .. It's a nice little teaser & surprise to have gifted us with at this stage of your long Sativa adventure! .
I've always found seeds very hard to come by. People are, rightfully, cagey about it. So I've not grown much before (2mediun successful grows over the past 5years) Trying my first online seed procurements these days. A bit nerve wracking but it's nice to choose a strain as well .. I'm a little envious of your seed collection - even if you do have to grow and taste to see what you've got!! How terrible lol!! I read on another site a thread by a guy who is looking at being able to identify strain through the seed attributes. He seems to genuinely know what he's talking about - is pretty interesting but I guess it could be hooey. Seems kinda sound to me, but I'm a total novice to that kind of detail.

Sorry, meant 25/26'S (lattitude). Temps have been 12°C- 18°C during the day, 5-9°C at night through the winter, but it's warming up again.
If you live in the same kind of climate (summer rainfall, dry winters, not a lot of frost), it's completely possible to grow during winter. I grew many small plants rather than a few big ones, because i suspected that they might flip early due to light & temps, and some of them flipped after vegging only 2 weeks, so beware that little kink. Also, if you use regular (not fem) seeds, the chance for males are slightly higher.
The pro's: quick flips, lots of resin, pretty colours AND no neighbours in the yard & law enforcement not actively looking for grows. (Legalisation is coming, but there are limits to what can be ignored, you know? )
I used frost covers only during the coldest nights, watered at midday.
If you have bagseed, use that. If it was a good smoke, chances are you'll grow a lovely plant. But the seedbanks are pretty reliable, just check their delivery areas. Choosing a strain can give you such a headache, i just WANT everything . If that dude can work out how to sex & identify strains without destroying a seed, lots of people will be very happy, so all the best to him.

All my winter plants are in hoop houses and there are a lot of their ways to get legitimate strains and just going to the seed banks it's not that hard at all PM me and I will see if we can find you some help LOL
I yearn for hoop houses... mother has decreed that the setup in the backyard needs to be improved as soon as this patch o' weed is done
420-magazine-mobile1994990143.jpg
That means 2 of my summer spots are out until next year this time. I've been up in the trees since monday, pruning (deathly afraid of heights, fyi). BUT we're putting up a hoop house setup for all the thai herbs, and i'm putting in a ganja corner. . As "we" are doing this (translation: mom means me), it might take rather a long time.

Hoop houses are wonderful and are easy to make and build if the wind destroys them it does not cost much to replace them

Have you seen the post on share your ways to increase resin production I did a little bit of mathematical work on the drying process

Hoop houses are wonderful and are easy to make and build if the wind destroys them it does not cost much to replace them

Have you seen the post on share your ways to increase resin production I did a little bit of mathematical work on the drying process
I saw, depressed me at how much weight you loose, but then i remembered how potent the dry weight is....

Back
Top Bottom