Mikedin's FC-E8000 Run #2 Photoperiod Time!

Only downside I noticed is with the IR turned off it’s a pitch black picture for night vision but besides that it looks great, so for time lapse I’ll have to just probably do what you’re doing @Rexer and do manual photos, we’ll see, I can’t see the time lapse photo rate because there’s no SD cards installed, I just picked up 2x 64GB and 1x 128gb micro SD cards on the way to work so I can start messing with that tomorrow

Here’s what night time looks like with IR turned off (night vision still on) so those pics won’t help with a time lapse lol

297EDEF4-127E-4755-A501-C6684A048B07.jpeg
I never thought of that part to be honest, there must be a way...I know LKABudMan does time lapse, and uses Wyze cams as well....or at least I'm fairly sure that's the type.

It's a labor of love, but the ability to show months of growth in seconds is awesome

I never thought of that part to be honest, there must be a way...I know LKABudMan does time lapse, and uses Wyze cams as well....or at least I'm fairly sure that's the type.

It's a labor of love, but the ability to show months of growth in seconds is awesome
That’s what I’m aiming for, does IR affect the flower cycle if left on during the dark period?

Been reading around and it seems that plants stop being affected by IR after 700nm, I guess that was at some point upgraded to 780nm, the cameras we have use 4x 850nm lights or 4x 940nm lights, I guess we’ll give it a test!

It also seemed you should be good as long as you have the plant more than 6-12” away from the camera it won’t have any negative effects

I’ll give it a go in my new tent, she’s a solo plant and my only one in flower so I guess I’d rather know now than when I flip the big tent to 12/12

The “Near” setting in the V3’s are the 940’s that’s what I set mine to

And if I’m seeing it right on the reviews online for the time lapse you can se the intervals for seconds/minutes/hours/days, that’s awesome with a 64 GB card and taking time lapse pics what 4 pictures a day? 2 per light cycle 2 per dark cycle?

That’s what I’m aiming for, does IR affect the flower cycle if left on during the dark period?
I imagine it would.

I'm an auto grower more than anything, and it turned my leaves to a crisp.

I imagine it would.

I'm an auto grower more than anything, and it turned my leaves to a crisp.
I’ve had night vision on in both tents with near IR on I’ve been watching the plants so far so good

After research so far… The plants don’t detect the wavelegnth produced by security lights they stop absorbing and detecting IR light between 700 and 780nm

The cameras we are running are using 850 and 940nm lights (most security cameras do) so we’ll see what happens I guess ill be a test dummy for us, won’t know if someone dosent try it right? I’ve seen so many time lapse videos with night vision on it seems to be a common thing to do without issue, I guess we’ll see after this run lol

I can post the video but can only do 2 a mont for free

I wish they’d let me use Imgur lol

imgur.comimgur.com

Here’s a imjur link of the night vision video

Is there any other accepted video upload sites supported by this site that is free?

Let’s see I made a dedicated YouTube account so I can share unlisted videos here let’s see if that works lol

Nice it works! Guess you’ll all be seeing video updates here now 😁

Maybe tomorrow I’ll share the 24 hour test run of the time lapse in both tents 😁I had to unplug the solo plant tent camera to reposition and Add a power cord

Found a use for the homemade tent just a propagation tent for clones atm, might throw a few tomato plants in there soon, got a few seeds to sow 😁

Atm there is 6x cookies Kush clones and 6x candy kush clones, using 2 different rooting methods as far as pots etc go, so we’ll see how it goes, plan is to keep the strongest 6 out of all these clones, 3 of each I like to keep 6 plants, now it’s much better, one in the solo/blurple/test tent and 5 in the main tent, 4 of those 5 will be the main plants, one will sit as a substitute but in a smaller pot and not in direct light, the one I have currently is exploding in a 3 gallon pot under no direct light just off to the side of the FC-E8000, probably still getting 400 PPFD, she’ll flower where she is at I want to see if this light can produce full heavy buds off to the side of it.

If the light can flower buds off to the side how h currently have it set up then I will know in the next run I can power the full tent if I run the light down the middle how I have altered it and I can flower in the full 4x8 without additional lights added.

So I guess this will be the answer to if a FC-E8000 can theoretically power a full 4x8 tent if altered. Sorry @Mars Hydro but from what I’ve seen so far if you made this light in this configuration or a hinged version Id more than flashy test it in a full run 😁

053437ED-7E71-4BD2-98F9-3271640A7E9C.jpeg

Well we will see what happens but just got upgraded to blizzard warning starting tomorrow morning starting with heavy rain to a flash freeze followed by 1-3 feet of snow with 70mph winds, it’s a 38 mile drive from work to home and once I get out of the city it’s all open fields the rest of the way home and I get to work at 6 am and work till 6pm lol, this should be fun…

We where half expecting this so yesterday I got 40 gallons of gas for the genny and brought a full cord of wood into the house, we have 2 wood stoves , it’ll keep the home warm but I won’t be able to power the lights in the tents with 2 kids in the house we’ll focus more on food and heat if we lose power I guess if that happens when the power does come back on I’ll probably just flip the big tent to 12/12

That’s if we’re lucky and I can make it home last time we had a bad storm I had to go to the in laws lol. Otherwise the wife is more than capable to handle the home.. I’m still hoping we don’t lose power haha

Merry Christmas all!

Blizzard is over, 3 days of driving in travel bans and complete whiteouts 2’ invisible snow drifts at 3am trying to get to work is over 😂😂 sad part is that was the easiest part of the days haha insane thunder snow, at one point right after plowing and salting we had 3’ snow drifts in 1/2 hour, it was five up point, slept on tables in the plant 😂😂 but I’m HOME haha

Well the show starts today! Just rearranged the tent and light proofed if, switched to black ducting for vents, raised lights, dropped plants to floor, did a big defoliation and just flipped the lights to 12/12, moved the plant in the 3 gallon pot over to the clone tent for now

This cookies Kush is 3 months and 17 days from seed (plant all the way to the right) the rest are monstercropped clones that where started to be rooted on 9/6/22 so here we go! Let’s see what happens, I’ve seen minute amounts of PM on these so far they just got a neem oil soak after the defol, once fully dry they got put back in the tent, I plan to do a 4 day peroxide spray on them through harvest and see if that keeps it at bay this time

Also added a 4” inline fan for an active air inlet on top of the 2 bottom vents open with diffusers I made lol

Also the camera had to be moved to accommodate the fan in the corner being lowered lol

The 4” silver vent goes outside it can be used for either tent if needed it’s just blocked right now I was using it during summer

D69FC288-9C86-4DAD-A827-077F9763C327.jpeg

E21A8F9F-3AB4-4CB7-A61E-E263E6D23941.jpeg

0160F6AA-C5B0-4CCD-A84A-2D0540C4A750.jpeg

0283F353-B4AE-4DA7-9E9D-38314C9FC7BE.jpeg

6127A53F-78A7-40BF-958E-6440D1EE4EF6.jpeg

69374855-C1BF-4D22-BF0B-3DC1983532EE.jpeg

2240D0EC-660D-4F2B-94F6-125BC4967ED5.jpeg

Girls looking happy first night after the flip! And the heavy defol I was wondering if they’d be sad this morning but… not a chance they wanna grow big ass buds!, they just got their first dose of flower duel as well (half strength) and the candy kush is at full strength on flower fuel in the 4x4

Also not sure what my plan is with my extra plant she’s in the clone room under some really weak lights lol but she seems happy this morning but those lights are 24/0 lol

Also have some tomatoes, pepper and lettuce seeds planted and I plant to keep one of each in this tent to eat from, going to add a 2nd level to the tent I think so I can grow vegetables on shelves year round

Also with the defol yesterday was a heavy lolipopping, pulled out any chutes that would be right up against its neighbor bud site, I’m aiming for basically all top colas anything that’s hidden underneath will probably be removed I want to reduce foliage touching as much as possible to reduce risk of PM as much as possible, it’ll also allow me to clearly see more into the leaves as they aren’t overlapping like crazy

6DA89755-EF3F-418B-AF64-4C54A12EFB5A.jpeg

4565B83B-1EDC-4E9C-AC4F-0B99D08F510B.jpeg

1F510098-172E-4444-9091-87A0622CFDA7.jpeg

44303CE9-5718-4ED7-AFCE-1D75B14DD63E.jpeg

And this morning the candy kush is looking happy after her first full dose of the flower fuel, she is 25 days from flip currently

I’d say she filled out the 4x4 pretty damn well in her own,

91551DC8-1091-4D0B-B7D8-FFF959ED8D79.jpeg

6533BDCC-C4FE-473A-8AB4-0FC19468DB48.jpeg

3EA39BA4-4B38-41F0-A22D-E5A8E290073E.jpeg

3E286974-E625-481F-B154-9CCBADAC2CE2.jpeg

47DD2DEA-B46A-453B-853C-C3EF88011C1F.jpeg
She is doing great. :high-five:
Hope you are well my friend.
Just curious do you have the veg setting on your lights turned on?
They need both. :Namaste:
Take care.

#VIVOSUN #Love What You Grow
Bill284 :cool:

She is doing great. :high-five:
Hope you are well my friend.
Just curious do you have the veg setting on your lights turned on?
They need both. :Namaste:
Take care.

#VIVOSUN #Love What You Grow
Bill284 :cool:
Thank you hope you’re doing well also, and hope you had a great Christmas

Yes I run veg and bloom both on both the lights at all times, the seedlings actually like the bloom switch on, the lights put out a ton more heat with bloom on

Back
Top Bottom