Mikedin's FC-E8000 Run #2 Photoperiod Time!

Mikedin

So last run completed with some issues with PM, so as we are transitioning from autoflowers in the tent to photoperiods I figured it’s time for a new thread!

So all parameters are the same
Medium custom blend
Fox farms strawberry fields amended with fox farm dry amendments as well as great white shark myco, perlite, and vermiculite
Tent AC infinity 4x8 tent
Light @Mars Hydro FC-E8000
Exhaust spiderfarmer 6” exhaust and carbon filter
4500sq ft dehumidifier in lung room
Small space heater in tent to keep nighttime temps above 74f
3, 14” oscillating fans
1x 8” fan

The plants so far
Largest plant to the right of the tent candy kush autoflower that forgot to autoflower
Next from right Barney’s farm cookies Kush
Next 2x Cinderella 99 monstercropped clones off a family members plant and also from him a strain he only knew as a Congo strain I figured I’d give a go, all 4 of these monstercropped clones are just to try it, on the floor is 5x cookies Kush clones off the last defoliation.

follow along!

Here is the link from the first run!

FC-E8000 run #1

99FB26F4-01D0-4CF0-B458-398E9D8D35E3.jpeg

2717E67B-D5B9-4865-BBF3-D3110D288F4C.jpeg

9459292F-B807-47E2-B77E-8C75B5391D13.jpeg

ABD6B1D9-9E17-4A44-AEEA-B88285C3AE3F.jpeg

@Mikedin , I see you are up to your usual gardening, they look scrumptious.
I'm wondering if your medium mixture will work for auto's grown in outdoor pots?
Not sure, had a plan to try that next year possibly, or put that mixture into a hole in the ground. I’ll see how it does indoors then I’ll have a clone or 2 ready for next year to try out maybe lol, I was wanting to do autos as well outdoors so I don’t have to worry about the end of season issues, and run photos inside. Haven’t fully decided yet so many options lol

I also have the other tent that’s now empty and that’s a nice 3.5x4.5’ space so deciding what I want to do in there still

So last run completed with some issues with PM, so as we are transitioning from autoflowers in the tent to photoperiods I figured it’s time for a new thread!

So all parameters are the same
Medium custom blend
Fox farms strawberry fields amended with fox farm dry amendments as well as great white shark myco, perlite, and vermiculite
Tent AC infinity 4x8 tent
Light @Mars Hydro FC-E8000
Exhaust spiderfarmer 6” exhaust and carbon filter
4500sq ft dehumidifier in lung room
Small space heater in tent to keep nighttime temps above 74f
3, 14” oscillating fans
1x 8” fan

The plants so far
Largest plant to the right of the tent candy kush autoflower that forgot to autoflower
Next from right Barney’s farm cookies Kush
Next 2x Cinderella 99 monstercropped clones off a family members plant and also from him a strain he only knew as a Congo strain I figured I’d give a go, all 4 of these monstercropped clones are just to try it, on the floor is 5x cookies Kush clones off the last defoliation.

follow along!

Here is the link from the first run!

FC-E8000 run #1

99FB26F4-01D0-4CF0-B458-398E9D8D35E3.jpeg

2717E67B-D5B9-4865-BBF3-D3110D288F4C.jpeg

9459292F-B807-47E2-B77E-8C75B5391D13.jpeg

ABD6B1D9-9E17-4A44-AEEA-B88285C3AE3F.jpeg
Great garden Amigo. :thumb:
Hope everything is going well today.
Got room for me?:nomo:
Take care.

Stay safe
Bill284 :cool:

We’re not done yet lol,

Finally slept off that midnight shift sleep schedule 😂 got some time to redo the small tent and get everything set up and going but it’s done! Only the candy kush (the auto but not autoflower) will be in there so far unless I change my mind, giving it a week before I decide, might move the cookies Kush in too we’ll see. But what everyone loves to see… pictures!

This tent has 2x KingLED 1500w lights (only 250ish true power draw each but produced good results on my first grow and that was 6 plants she’s got both of these to herself)

Spiderfarmer 4” exhaust

Home built tent obviously and have to do some dark proofing before I flip this tent as well, it’s all a wooden frame and garbage bags and space blankets 😂😂 but she works great! No real
Worries about headspace I can still pick up the lights about 18” from where they are now foots set them for PPFD and DLI then let her acclimate the the different lights for a week or so before I flip her

Atm 1x 6” fan, gotta pick up a few more over the next few days one of my freebie 16” fans got confiscated by my wife to blow more heat down the hall from the wood stove lol.

Besides that it also freed up some space in the big tent so they all got to spread out more

This tent is in a separate room

1A2AFBD4-7FC2-481A-A232-35F03D7337EE.jpeg

5A6A5A64-05AE-47EF-BEE5-A33D8979D62B.jpeg

01F3356F-ECB0-4897-870C-CFD5C1CDDC32.jpeg

58A1D08C-3D94-4ECD-A312-923A0650ACF0.jpeg

08AB870C-AD2F-42CB-BDB0-9DFE9D96E8CC.jpeg

We’re not done yet lol,

Finally slept off that midnight shift sleep schedule 😂 got some time to redo the small tent and get everything set up and going but it’s done! Only the candy kush (the auto but not autoflower) will be in there so far unless I change my mind, giving it a week before I decide, might move the cookies Kush in too we’ll see. But what everyone loves to see… pictures!

This tent has 2x KingLED 1500w lights (only 250ish true power draw each but produced good results on my first grow and that was 6 plants she’s got both of these to herself)

Spiderfarmer 4” exhaust

Home built tent obviously and have to do some dark proofing before I flip this tent as well, it’s all a wooden frame and garbage bags and space blankets 😂😂 but she works great! No real
Worries about headspace I can still pick up the lights about 18” from where they are now foots set them for PPFD and DLI then let her acclimate the the different lights for a week or so before I flip her

Atm 1x 6” fan, gotta pick up a few more over the next few days one of my freebie 16” fans got confiscated by my wife to blow more heat down the hall from the wood stove lol.

Besides that it also freed up some space in the big tent so they all got to spread out more

This tent is in a separate room

1A2AFBD4-7FC2-481A-A232-35F03D7337EE.jpeg

5A6A5A64-05AE-47EF-BEE5-A33D8979D62B.jpeg

01F3356F-ECB0-4897-870C-CFD5C1CDDC32.jpeg

58A1D08C-3D94-4ECD-A312-923A0650ACF0.jpeg

08AB870C-AD2F-42CB-BDB0-9DFE9D96E8CC.jpeg
Girls look good Amigo.
Where did they go in the last pic? :rofl:
Have a great day my friend. :high-five:
Take care.

#Love What You Grow

Well sorry for no updates this week folks, on a 96 hour work streak in the past 7 days, but while I’ve been here I may have ordered something 😂

Not sure how it snuck into the Amazon cart my wife asked me to purchase for Christmas… I mean the total was over 1,000 I didn’t even notice it in there 😂😂 so coming soon.. UV & IR and they just so happen to mount directly to the FC-E8000

0FAE3881-9CFF-4E67-9860-B86A04069D52.png

DD9FE549-68AD-42F1-A1E3-131F5E8117BD.png

C75F8C5E-A00A-419D-AB5F-C219CA15CB6C.png

Well sorry for no updates this week folks, on a 96 hour work streak in the past 7 days, but while I’ve been here I may have ordered something 😂

Not sure how it snuck into the Amazon cart my wife asked me to purchase for Christmas… I mean the total was over 1,000 I didn’t even notice it in there 😂😂 so coming soon.. UV & IR and they just so happen to mount directly to the FC-E8000

0FAE3881-9CFF-4E67-9860-B86A04069D52.png

DD9FE549-68AD-42F1-A1E3-131F5E8117BD.png

C75F8C5E-A00A-419D-AB5F-C219CA15CB6C.png

Great looking attachment lights. , have been looking also to ad UV light but from reptile bulbs .

Something that works from 280-320nm would flip the protein and help increase thc production.

Good luck with your grow.

Great looking attachment lights. , have been looking also to ad UV light but from reptile bulbs .

Something that works from 280-320nm would flip the protein and help increase thc production.

Good luck with your grow.
One of the benefits I’m interested in is that UV light can control PM which I’ve had an issue with the last run and I’ve noticed spots on these plants as well, I’ve been treating with peroxide but I wanted to add another control method. Did some reading and apparently UV light will kill PM, the issue is that Powdery mildew is very resilient… when the lights are on. When the lights are off apparently PM’s DNA is vulnerable to be altered by the UV light, if you introduce the blue wavelength of light the PM’s defense mechanism turns on to protect itself. My plan is to have the UV lights turn on 15 minutes prior to the FC-E8000 and stay on for 15 minutes after lights out as 4 hours of darkness following the UV treatment is preferred and we’ll see how it goes, once I flip to 12/12 I will deduct the 15 minutes of UV light to the lights on time

The UV and IR will stay in for all lights on hours as well

DB60A562-F5BE-41D4-92F6-AFB125B8C4CF.png

Light bars in the Amazon orders has been discovered… wife appears to have dollar signs falling out of her ears… will update if I survive… 😂😂 j/k but she did see them and give me the ol look 😂😂

Can’t wait till they are in, gunna be fun giving it a try to use as a PM control method as well as it’s additional IR/UV benefits to the plants

Yes a type of Uvc light can kill mildew.
It’s 100-280 nm.

Personally I will keep spraying a herbicide and peroxide as I have yet to find a simple solution to this .
Yes I will continue with the peroxide sprays every 3-4 days as well as the UV/IR I just did some leaf stripping on the plant above as you can tell how bare she is, now she was also watered in 2 days I’ll spray her again with peroxide, go about 4 more days, hit with peroxide again wait a day then switch to a baking soda mix to alter the leaf surface PH to what is unsuitable for PM growth then flip to flower, after a week I’ll start peroxide again

This plant will be a monster and she has both lights and a 4x5 tent to herself and has yet to flip to flower, I can’t wait just need another layer to protect from light since it’s a homemade tent lol

Light bars in the Amazon orders has been discovered… wife appears to have dollar signs falling out of her ears… will update if I survive… 😂😂 j/k but she did see them and give me the ol look 😂😂

Can’t wait till they are in, gunna be fun giving it a try to use as a PM control method as well as it’s additional IR/UV benefits to the plants
Citric acid kills the hyphae that covers the plant.
It's good for killing pm.
Just a thought.
Garden looks great.
Have a nice weekend. :high-five:
Take care.

#VIVOSUN #Love What You Grow

Citric acid kills the hyphae that covers the plant.
It's good for killing pm.
Just a thought.
Garden looks great.
Have a nice weekend. :high-five:
Take care.

Thank you!

I was looking at that as well as cider vinegar

I can do a test as I did pull one of the plants out and move it to the other tent by itself I can test with cider vinegar on the solo plant and peroxide on the others and see what controls it better, I’ll order some citric acid to try next as well

BAE4DE56-6485-43B3-B433-C255A6BC7638.png

Ok got some time and got the 3rd layer of 3 mil contractor garbage bags on the homemade tent and light proofing is done it’s a blacked out room but I also run a tv in there so made sure she was fully blacked out photos for reference haha

And since the tent is all done she was flipped to 12/12

She’s a guessing game she was an “autoflower” and all the other seeds she was planted with flowered as a auto would, this girl just passed 4 months of veg lol she’s ready to be forced and I guess we’ll see what we get

Needed to free up some room in the big tent anyways

6F15ECC1-6B50-4FFF-A77D-07FF1B578366.jpeg

D8F45887-BBEF-4BA3-BD60-FFD95B146640.jpeg

9A1489EF-C78B-41C6-A2EA-6A94F49D1A01.jpeg

Ok got some time and got the 3rd layer of 3 mil contractor garbage bags on the homemade tent and light proofing is done it’s a blacked out room but I also run a tv in there so made sure she was fully blacked out photos for reference haha

And since the tent is all done she was flipped to 12/12

She’s a guessing game she was an “autoflower” and all the other seeds she was planted with flowered as a auto would, this girl just passed 4 months of veg lol she’s ready to be forced and I guess we’ll see what we get

Needed to free up some room in the big tent anyways

6F15ECC1-6B50-4FFF-A77D-07FF1B578366.jpeg

D8F45887-BBEF-4BA3-BD60-FFD95B146640.jpeg

9A1489EF-C78B-41C6-A2EA-6A94F49D1A01.jpeg
She just won't behave. :rofl:
A little light dep will bring her around. :thumb:
Hopefully she gets with the program.
Not to disparage autos, but at least now you can run 12/12 and some decent fems.
She will be a decent size atleast, with that extra veg time.
Hope your having a nice weekend my friend.
Take care.

She just won't behave. :rofl:
A little light dep will bring her around. :thumb:
Hopefully she gets with the program.
Not to disparage autos, but at least now you can run 12/12 and some decent fems.
She will be a decent size atleast, with that extra veg time.
Hope your having a nice weekend my friend.
Take care.

Yeah she’s gunna be big. Sadly it won’t be under the FC-E8000 but that’s ok there’s still 5 in there, was considering moving one more plant into that small tent but I’ll wait for now.

Gunna hit them all with the cider vinegar spray next as I’m not seeing any current PM it seems I’ve Killed off the main infestation, now it’s preventative time between the UV/IR light I should have a in a few days I also have the Southern AG fungicide I can hit them with again as well haven’t made a final choice yet

Back
Top Bottom