Misspiggy412 new grower first grower: near harvest?

It will alwqys have a few white pistils at growing tip or on foxtailing. This dude sitting here with 90% of his plant has white pistil stretching out for pollen. It has a ways to go before we start wanting to count amber trichs.

Here’s a couple of discussions on checking trichomes and/or when to harvest. Hope they help.

welcome! i'm new myself on my first grow roughly about as far in as you! i would invest in a jewlers loop/microscope to get closer and check the tricomes! someone said it but no questions is a bad one and try to do your own research projects so you know what works for you and your set up! from my info i've gathered with the pistils is that they will grow new ones under certain stress so going off the pistils are a bad judgement. everything has stated the best way to tell is your tricomes. but your ladies look quite great!! :bongrip: :bongrip:

welcome! i'm new myself on my first grow roughly about as far in as you! i would invest in a jewlers loop/microscope to get closer and check the tricomes! someone said it but no questions is a bad one and try to do your own research projects so you know what works for you and your set up! from my info i've gathered with the pistils is that they will grow new ones under certain stress so going off the pistils are a bad judgement. everything has stated the best way to tell is your tricomes. but your ladies look quite great!! :bongrip: :bongrip:
Pistils are not how you tell when to harvest. Youre right. But this plant is nowhere newr harvest. And we can tell by the pistils. Especially that last pic, with 100% white.

Yes, trichhomes are the only way to tell what day to harvest. But pistils will absolutely indicate when youre close enough to start louping it. "In the window" as some put it.

This plant is not in the window

Pistils are not how you tell when to harvest. Youre right. But this plant is nowhere newr harvest. And we can tell by the pistils. Especially that last pic, with 100% white.

Yes, trichhomes are the only way to tell what day to harvest. But pistils will absolutely indicate when youre close enough to start louping it. "In the window" as some put it.

This plant is not in the window
i agree fully with you. still has a ways to go

Sorry, ridefas I wasnt trying to correct you.

People take things to extremes and somehow, "use trichomes to determine harvest day and not pistils" has some people believing pistils cant tell us anything. Which is wrong. We need to know what it can tell us and when.

Pistil lives matter!

Back
Top Bottom