First time grower: is it close to harvest time?

misspiggy412

Indica hybrid.ive read 72 day flower also 56 day. I'm at 46 days in 12/12 ..what you guys think?? I'm waiting on a microscope..today. wondering about flushing..when how much and also opinions on induced stress before harvest?? Thanks for any input and knowledge.
20200629_140857.jpg
20200629_140839.jpg
20200629_140758.jpg
20200629_140857.jpg
20200629_140839.jpg
20200629_140758.jpg
20200629_140857.jpg
20200629_140839.jpg
20200629_140758.jpg

Lol cool on 2 weeks like them to.fatten some...flush nutrients sugars...ok maybe I read too much..so what's are your personal harvest clues

Smell, water uptake and color of plant.

To get in right in the beginning I used a loup then bought a cheap digital scope I still sometimes use.

After a few harvests you will get the idea.

Flushing isn't what you think it is. You dont need to do it just start watering if you're in soil and leave out the fertilizers. The plants fan leaves stored a lot of nutrients and during late flowering those old fan leaves begin to change color.

Senescence is that process, and then the leaves stored nutrients break down and are translocated to the flowers then those leaves fall off. The old fan leaves the large ones, are on a different life cycle than the plant is, they die off shortly before the flowers are ripe. So another sign is falling leaves.

Awesome to know this..think a couple weeks..fed 4 days ago...when just water
.I'm watering every other or 3rd day.... my fan leaves are super dark green.... sent for microscope 60 / 120 supposed to arrive today. Everything I hear is knowledge.
Thank you

Some strains will do that! lol Anything with Chemdawg in it will smell.
Is smell an issue for you?

You can revitalize the filter but if its only been used this grow you should be fine. If you have a cover on the filter take it off.

What medium are you growing in? Soil? Organic? Hydroponic? CoCo?

Soil ....Lighting Led nextlight core.full spectrum white. Double tap heavy indica hybrid. Temps stay about 70 to 75..humidity around 50% cant get it lower unless I purchase a small tent dehumidifier..have reg. Running..in basement. My microscope thing coming tommorrow....

Was wondering late flower ...or drying..is 50 % ok...wanting g to dry in tent.....
Just don't let the fans blow directly on it and don't let it over dry. I do a wet trim, if you do a dry trim you may need to hang it a little longer. Let it dry enough that the stems will snap. It may only need to hank for a couple of days before putting it into jars. I usually put it into quart jars with digital humidity gauges and watch humidity in jars. If humidity goes up to 65% or more I leave the jar open for a day then close it again and wait another day. I try to get a steady 62% -63% humidity in the jar then just open and close the jar once a day for a month to cure.

Ahh so they sell strips disposable for jars+.... how long you open...an hour?...darker cool storage if possible?
I use digital humidity gauges similar to the ones in link below, I open the jar let some fresh air in and close them, unless humidity is higher than 63% in the jar, then I leave them open longer. I just store them in a box under my desk. You can also get Boveda humid packs to put in the jars to help stabilize the humidity, I use the 62% packs.

Veanic 4-Pack Mini Digital Electronic Temperature Humidity Meters Gauge

1664582405058.png

Throwing up new pistils...wait for those to slow and turning color then start watching the trichomes. I would assume 10 weeks...then harvest when ready...plan long and chop when ready according to ripeness on the upper calyxes. I think You have at least 3 more weeks unless you want it speedy.

Back
Top Bottom