MisterMister's First Grow

Soil: Fox Farm
I started with ocean forest, happy frog, and perlite. After 8 weeks ive decided that future grows need a lighter soil (so i got ff light warrior for future grows), ive been having nutrient burn on almost all the fan leaves coming from the main stem overtime. i clipped them as they became yellowed and dried. Tho ive read numerous articles debating whether i should or not, figured it was best to do so.
Also i think the soil needs to be more porous, when the soil dries it looks like a solid block of dirt which cant be good for the roots, id be more comfortable with the soil looking more fluffy and dark. Probably best not to let soil dry out too much.

I agree that the soil could be more porous, but I think your mix of soil is sufficient. One method I've found to help regulate soil saturation is the SWICK Watering System detailed in a post by SweetSue at: SWICK Watering Systems: Letting The Plant Water Itself

Mine isn't as elaborate as SweetSue's, but even my set-up lets the plants take up as much or as little water as they need.

The plastic drip saucer filled with Perlite and saturated with water.
IMG_64955.JPG

The smart pot on top of the saucer wicked up the excess water in about 15 minutes.
IMG_64965.JPG

Alas i dont think my iphone5 has that white balance function. But still much thanks.

I'd be very surprised if your I-phone 5 doesn't have a white balance or filter setting that would make the photos appear more natural. If it is true, then as they say "there's an app for that." Personally, I have a lower quality Android phone, so I won't be much help finding a I-phone app but I know they're out there.

Wish I could be of more help on the topic. I just don't want you going out and spending $80 on a specialty lens when you could buy a used DSLR camera on Ebay for that much. Nonetheless, I enjoy all of your photos and updates even if occasionally they turn out "magenta".

Does anybody else with an I-phone have tips for taking photos under LED lights?

Alas i dont think my iphone5 has that white balance function. But still much thanks.

Download "Adobe Light room". It is a free app and has the white balance tool that you can use to edit multiple pictures with. It also has auto white balance, or custom if you dont have the gray card.I'll post a few photos to show you an example

3 plants in bloom room. Is this overcrowded?

Add another and you'll have a party. I'm all about using up as much of the available light as possible. Those watts cost money, so they might as well be growing something. If you're not using a "high brix" soil, then a light defoliation might be in order to allow the light to penetrate the canopy even further. Otherwise, all looks good.

Back
Top Bottom