Mites in my cut/trimmed purple nugs help!

southflorida

I got living and dead spider mites in my harvested buds!! I cut the plant knowing some eggs remained on lower leaves but the fan leaves on what i cut had none. Its been cold and starting to warm up so i assume theyve hatched, anyway ive been tapping them gently with my finger to get some out. a good friend of mine noticed a hanging nugget had somthing microscopic on it moving and i need to know is there anything i can do(water cure maybe?)? the nugs are frosted the leaves i left are also but the black specks are making it look horrible to me! :thanks:

Water cure is your only savior I think bro.

You should been checking under the leafs every few days!

Im in week 2 Flower and im noticing some.

Going to buy some products tommorow.

Water cure, how else are u gonna get them off?

Wouldn't the mites leave on their own when the buds are fully dried ? After all they feed on the juices contained in the leaves .... when the juice goes , their food would be gone too. :smokin:

Wouldn't the mites leave on their own when the buds are fully dried ? After all they feed on the juices contained in the leaves .... when the juice goes , their food would be gone too. :smokin:

yeah, but then next; you'll find the little fukrs hangin out in yer kitchen, makin sandwiches :rofl:... fuk em .. KILL EM !

.. just for kicks, i'll share an experience.. one time like you, right @Harvest , my small crop got attacked by spider mites.. all i could come up with (and did) was take the vacuum to em.. :idea: then, i cut em down, hung em and put em in jars, and smoked em .. that was some good weed, and the occasional "pop" just added a little spice..:rofl: them little fukkrs didnt hurt me none.. but after, i shut down for a short while to thoroughly clean the whole area.. i still find a couple here and there, but i get right on top of em FAST ! :peace:

freezing bud makes it less potent? Not sure about that theory. Please post some facts to back that up. I froze my whole harvest , so, would like to see the facts, as to not do it again. As far as the mites, I thought that drying them would make em leave.

actually I just thought of something pertaining to freezing bud , when you use bubble bags, the WHOLE point is to freeze the triches so that you can extract them, and it aint less potent. just a thot.

actually I just thought of something pertaining to freezing bud , when you use bubble bags, the WHOLE point is to freeze the triches so that you can extract them, and it aint less potent. just a thot.

If your plan is to make hash from the plants the freeze away, no real harm done, however if you plan to smoke, the freezing will cost potency by stripping off trichs...you'll have alot of em just lying around in the bag u froze in.

^ I agree. The only reason you would lose any potency is from mishandling. If you're careful, they will be just fine.

Back
Top Bottom