Mkono's 2nd Grow: First Autos

mkono87

Hey all!

This is my 2nd grow but 1st for autos and im super excited to start this adventure. I had a pretty successful run with the photos on the first grow and would say I have less newbie stress going into this grow than the first. So lets get this journal started.

Little info on the setup
Tent: 4x4
Light: 600w mh/hps
Inline Fan: Vivosun 6" 390cfm
Filter: Vivosun 6" Carbon filter
Pots: 5gal
Medium: Sunshine Mix #4
Nutrients: Megacrop & Sweet Candy
Strain: Chocolate Thai (weed-seeds.ca) No longer in business
Simple automation with Home Assistant.

Day 3 auto grow. Already started feeding her a small amount of MC (140ppm) close to 1gram/gal. Soaked the peat to run off and now time to wait. Im realizing wetting the whole pot wasn't the best idea and I didn't at first. I was being silly and its easy to listen to other people. SM #4 drains pretty well and its already drying nicely enough for me to do it the way I was. My next auto grow im going to start in a 1gal pot and transplant after a few weeks.

14 days later and they growing nicely raising up the MC up to 500ppm and just letting her go. Im getting close to the point where im going to start saturating the whole pot. Im thinking of waiting till 4-5 nodes before I start to bend them over and start some lst. That one in the solo cup im probably not going to grow out. I just germinate 5 as a back up but all popped.

On a side note, Im very happy with how stable the temps and humidity have been since venting outside. All winter during my first grow, I had it recirculating inside as I just couldn't get the RH up, but temp an issue. The furnace is in the same room as the tent mixed with HID lights made it such a pain in the ass to control.

3 weeks done and I started training. Unfortunately I snapped a stem but they did not seem phased and moving forward. Its amazing how much abuse they can take. Im not sure what kind of training plan I have but a day at a time just adjusting it until I can fill it out the best I can.

One whole month already. How are they looking for 30 days? Im thinking about popping in the hps soon but I dont really see any preflowers of any kind. Looking back im making note to start lsting right away. I believe it would make for a much more even canopy. I have my test subject in the 1gal in the middle. Just messing around with topping and how well the autos react.

Everythings looking good! When do you plan to start adding sweet candy? Just curious how much MC you using now and how much are you feeding them?
I actually just started feeding is sweet candy 2 days ago. Right now I'm feeding at 600ppm which is just about what it asks for on the label. Sweet candy is 100ppm for the entire grow.

Day 36

The plants have started into flower of few days ago and the stretch is on. I feel that some of my lst work didnt pan out the way I wanted but I dont think it will be much of an issue. Raised feeding both MC and SC.

DAY 43

Iv been so damn busy lately and dropped on the ball on updating this grow. They have all gone into flower at separate times. Unfortunately Im starting to deal with what looks like calcium deficiency so I have upped the feed but also recently picked up a bottle of calmag and hoping that will solve my problems. I dont think its a ph issue as I have always been watering at 6.3 but I need to check what the runoff is next time.
On another note I have upgraded my light!! Picked up a 480w 3500k+red quad panel from alibaba. It arrived in a whopping 4 days which was shocking. Im wondering if the light was a possible cause of my issue. I also have 3 more auto seeds germinating (blue diesel) that I will be throwing outside.

Back
Top Bottom