MMJ Journal - One Man's Healing With Cannabis Experience

:rollit:Another scientist learns what we old time users always suspected and believed! You can't get a better source of medicine than the natural plant , full of all the complexity of life that scientist have been grasping to understand but have only scratched the surface of! But, very helpful to further understanding the plants uses and treatment approaches! The whole plant has beneficial uses and taken together is more effective, in most cases, to improve medical issues! :peace: I have believed, targeting specific problems or avoiding specific effects are more in the dosing and administration technique , rather than the exclusion of parts of the plant, given a closer to balanced ratio of components within the individual plant used (as compared to plants developed primarily for THC content). :yummy:

Raphael Mechoulam discovered this in the late 90's. It is called the entourage effect. Basically the whole of the plant with all it's cannabinoids and terpenes are better then all of them individually. He also discovered CBD treated epilepsy in the early 60's and we are just getting around to it now. :peace:

Going to try something today - I'm going to rub a teeny tiny bit of my tincture on my gums every hour. I'm trying to simulate a patch - constant intake of cannabis compounds.

One drop on a spoon, then a finger dab rubbed on my gums. Each dab is approx 1/4 to 1/3 of that drop.

hi gthm I'm delighted you came by. Im thinking out loud: newborns come with some basic functions built in. eat drink flush sleep make noise basic functions. Other wise we 'learn' to do things. Walk upright is a good example.

You have a need to relearn i think very much so. Good on you for being willing and able to do that. going to the store is an activity we train for for years until it is automatic. its like autopilot on a plane.

Imagine - you are rebuilding and regrowing damaged circuits in your brain. Your ECS must be involved in that.

Best wishes and congratulations for all your re-learning activities.

Bad timing alert: I'm back in town and the stores are all, well, nuts. I don't want to go into to a grocery store. I don't want to be near a grocery store. Or any other type of store. I will though - family adventures to get ready for.

Lesson learned - no plants in the house that stink uo the place.

Thanks so much Oldbear, your advice is always welcome. No stinky plants, okay! lol
Even though I'm in my 40's, it's still very new to relearn math, shopping and focusing, but growing covers it all. It makes me cringe when I think about how much growing helps brain patients like me who need the medicine, but also need to relearn basic cognitive functions. A double shot at healing and therapies. I wish I could yell out to the medical system how much growing can save lives but it will fall on deaf ears. Thanks to this forum, we can gather and share stats for example, do not go shopping in december, Doh! lol
Have a wonderful new year my friend and say hi to the turkeys for me. :Namaste:

You can't change the system, but you can do your own thing on the side.

We old farts have learned that you cant keep taking pharmas that don't help. Nature created Cannibus and gave us receptors for it for a reason. Use of cannabis makes so much more sense to this old lady. And we KNOW what's in them, cause we grow them ourselves! :high-five:

You can't change the system, but you can do your own thing on the side.

We old farts have learned that you cant keep taking pharmas that don't help. Nature created Cannibus and gave us receptors for it for a reason. Use of cannabis makes so much more sense to this old lady. And we KNOW what's in them, cause we grow them ourselves! :high-five:

Your wisdom and advice is invaluable, I'm all ears. I'm at a pivotal time in my treatment and I feel like growing is substituting the medical. Maybe not entirely, but I am excited to wake up everyday now. I can't buy hope, but I can grow it. Great chat....

Hmmm its been a month since I posted in here. Time is flying...

So its time.

Time for a total redo of the diet. Need to cut the sugars and gluten. Dairy / lactose is on a hit list too.

All the opiates are gone after a 4 week reduction/elimination program. Don't seem to feel any different that when I was taking them. Im hoping there is merit in the opiates cause pain theories. That would mean Im due for some relief. Nothing yet after a week of no pain meds at all.

Wierd thought. Sugar is more dangerous and habit forming than cannabis.

If someone was trying to get sugar approved as a medicine for under-active children, would the side effects be so bad that approval would be denied?

Probably not - its the over consumption thats causing all the obesity.

Ive been lazy at journal updates.

I'm at 5 months in to medical cannabis program. I'm also 8 weeks in to opiate elimination program and now 3 weeks without any.

I'm feeling pretty good and if anything perkier, more energy, more interest in whats going on. I cant pinpoint exact cause - perhaps a combination of factors - but dont really care.

Opiates out cannabis in - good.

Much less sugar intake, must do better with other low grade carbs, much less gluten intake too. Dairy especially cheese is not my friend either. Something is causing a rash on my forehead.

I'm pleased I was able to find info and add links in my signature to share it. There is a Canada content to most of it.

Delighted to find out just today that there is a Canada subforum inside Forum>420International>North America. All continents and lots of countries in there.

I knocked some items off my bucket list recently.

I bought a disposable vape pen. I'm not in love with inhaling but it is good for travelling (not while diving) for a fast discreet top up.

I bought a concentrate with lavender in it. Tasty and quite a kick with a rice size dose. Glad I tried it and might get it again. Still a lot left.

I bought get some capsules with 20mg cbd in each. When I swallow it, doesn't seem to do much. I made several into an oil mixed with a small amount of keef kief? Grape seed oil with a bit of lecithin. Pulled off oil into syringes and put the rest back into the capsules. Now that works well for me. Next mini project will be to melt down pure kief in some oil to try that out.

The kief works well by itself. A few grains on a finger then under the tongue. Works grreat but you don't want to breath on anyone with skunk breath. Lol

Old bear
Have been following your post since I've joined in Dec. Want to encourage you to continue with your new treatment, as I have.
Two years ago I hit rock bottom with prescription opiates drugs and alcohol. Being treated for multiple conditions from PTSD to Cronic Pain from severe injuries, unexplained rash on extremities, cardiovascular disease, high blood pressure and cholesterol. 7 pills on wakeup, shower stretch apply cream. 8 more pills throughout the day, 3 at bedtime more cream and a 5th of brandy to top the day off. What a life, retired military 50 years old. 3 months in rehab, son moved into my pool house and stated me on a cannabis program. A year later I am a new person, not quite pain free but I don't cry as much as I used to. I take 2 pills in the morning for cardiovascular disease (heart attack prior to rehab). In short the cannabis treatment has given me a life. My family has there father, grandfather and husband back. I have since started two small companies, and I grow my own medicine.
Bless you Sir, and I hope you treatment will improve your quality of life as it has mine.

Meet me on the high ground

Sent from my SM-N920V using 420 Magazine Mobile App

This makes my day just that much more fulfilling.It's a good feeling to sit down at three in the morning (after a midday check on my little ladies) and read your encouraging note. I have a journal to update and a couple hours of drool time before a new day begins. One of these days I will get something posted. I do wish you the best and believe me times will be frustrating and little hope in site KNOW THAT PERSEVERENCE WILL BE REWARDING.

Hi gthm thanks for stopping by. Apologies for the tardy response :oops:

So Im doing just ok. Struggling to find a dosing plan that works better than results to date.

Various ratios of thc:cbd, different strains, amount of cannabinoids per dose, and frequency are helping some but still a lot of recurring pain.

So my sweet spot is proving hard to find.

That said, I'm stubborn and persistent so giving up is not an option. 2o years of traditional treatments and pharmaceuticals didn't help much either.

Hi gthm thanks for stopping by. Apologies for the tardy response :oops:

So Im doing just ok. Struggling to find a dosing plan that works better than results to date.

Various ratios of thc:cbd, different strains, amount of cannabinoids per dose, and frequency are helping some but still a lot of recurring pain.

So my sweet spot is proving hard to find.

That said, I'm stubborn and persistent so giving up is not an option. 2o years of traditional treatments and pharmaceuticals didn't help much either.

You'll find it Oldbear. I have great confidence in your persistent nature. A word about language..... Try replacing "struggling" with "still diligently seeking." That internal dialogue is being interpreted by your healing system. We want the system positively motivated. :cheesygrinsmiley: :love:

Back
Top Bottom