Mold/leaves dying - lighting

Britbaby0603

Ok so I have 4 different stands growing in a Amateur grow room. And I've been doing 12/12 for about 5 weeks,Well only one plant really kicking ass while my
Other 3 are budding but not as much and one of my plants the bottom leafs are completely gone. Plant 2 has sap pockets all over it ( should I be worried) and plant 3 and 4 have white fluffy mold on the top soil. Is it because ilet the leafs stay in the pot after they fall? Also I don't have a timer and the other day I got home about 3 hours late and my lights were on. How bad does this affect my plants? This is the second time I've done this during the 12/12

Mmm some pic's of the problems would help :thumb:

Photo Gallery Guide - How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

Plus additional info - How to Ask for Grow Support

I'm not totally sure about the mold on the soil surface at present but i don't think it would suggest a threat to plant health & would be more inclined to ask what the soil/compost is either a brand name or home made compost ?

Sap pockets ah, i'd like to see a pic of those please !

1. Could be guttation but that normally effects the outer margins of the leafs (just moisture/water) but not seen any real hard evidence that MJ doe's this ?
2. Other wise we might have to look at insect damage or signs of them !
3. Might be some genetic thing from parentage line of breeding stock used to create the strain ? you might want to have a read of this link - My Jack Herer is Bleeding?

Difference in individual plants just plain simple difference in strains grown or if all the same strain its more likely a phenotype.

Buy a timer they don't cost much ! a little bit of extra light hours or less once in awhile don't hurt em.

image6906.jpg
so this is the "sap pockets" unknown what it really is . I'm just guessing and one of my other plants had a single one on it .super random. Makes me worry little more. . But I use a home made organic. Compost soil . And baby the hell out of these plants I use dyna grow as fert....

image6906.jpg
so this is the "sap pockets" unknown what it really is . I'm just guessing and one of my other plants had a single one on it .super random. Makes me worry little more. . But I use a home made organic. Compost soil . And baby the hell out of these plants I use dyna grow as fert....

Those are scale insects a sap sucker which can weaken a plant & will need a form of control to destroyer em...

Chemical based pesticides may leave a residue with in the plant which is more likely not so good for smoking the end result as these pesticides are often systemic in nature which means they get absorb by the plant, so an organic pesticide could prove well but may need a few applications to kill em off.

Other wise biological control such as parasitic wasp, Metaphycus helvolus. This attacks two species of scale insect, soft scale (Coccus hesperidum) and hemisperical scale (Saisettia coffeae).

Or remove by hand :thumb:

Plus reps for getting a pic up helped alot.

Omg thank you so much!!!! I was freaking out that's why she doing so bad ! Thank you for your help! Next question where could they have come from? I am ver careful with them . And I have them sealed off from the rest of the world. Is it weird that only one plant got them? I removed them by hand. And will continue to do until I don't see a threat anymore! You rock!

Aye thanks.

Ye i'm not sure where they come from to be honest but could of come from another infected housed hold plant or out door plant/green house.

I'd keep an eye on them for some time tho in case they have laid eggs, most of the species carry the eggs underneath em & its the larvea which go's for a walk around on the plant or others may leave a small white waxy like fibre parcels on the plant being an egg sack. Some species of scale insect excrete a sticky sugary substance called honeydew this may in time form sooty mold in damp conditions on the surface of the leafs but its relatively harmless tho.

Hmmmm ok , I did a little digging myself and figured that out kinda gross lol. But now hopefully she can get back on track. I put a pic of her leaves and my best plant. Which iv had no problems with her except she started as a hermaphrodite ! But now she growing the best !

Back
Top Bottom