Morglie's Perpetual: New Space & New Strains

I'm really liking the carnival. I hit a cut with my PM x UD male to see how that mixes in. That was my last cut of carnival, but I have 4 more seeds.

On the AC, for the space I have overkill. As for wattage, I have 6 quantum boards, which I have built in pairs that I believe run 260 Watts, so 2660 for lights, 6583 for my space so 9243 combined if I'm understanding you correctly. Still pretty close. I was running a separate dehumi in there for a while because my AC unit wasn't pulling the humidity out when it was cool enough to not run. I've figured that problem out, but that was generating a lot more heat it was having to deal with. Now that it's had time to rest and chill down it seems ok. I know I'm stepping it up if I end up taking to replace it.
You are understanding right. I missed the dehumidifier. That rejects all its heat into the room so you need to add that capacity + 25% more for the compressor's heat of compression. So a 6000 btu dehumidifier would add 7500 btu an hour into the room. Keep in mind it isn't running all the time but you still need to account for it. That's probably why yours wasn't keeping up.

You are understanding right. I missed the dehumidifier. That rejects all its heat into the room so you need to add that capacity + 25% more for the compressor's heat of compression. So a 6000 btu dehumidifier would add 7500 btu an hour into the room. Keep in mind it isn't running all the time but you still need to account for it. That's probably why yours wasn't keeping up.
I had already pulled it as it went haywire several weeks back and wouldn't shut off. I found my flower room at 34rh and 104f. I had only started using it because my AC unit wasn't pulling humidity out of the air when it wasn't needing to lower the temp. I discovered the problem was that my drain hose elevated slightly coming off of the unit, which backed it up and wouldn't let it drain. Since I fixed that issue it was keeping the humidity at 54 which works for me. The rattle from the fan overheating is what I was looking at.

I need to see about adjusting my lights anyways. I've been running them at 100% and if I recall correctly from my discussions with Graytail when I built them, they are way more efficient ran at a lower percentage. I'm just not sure where, and how to tell exactly. It's hard to tell where you are with those little trim pots.

Them trim pots, I wish they spun more, I dunno 'symmetrically'. I look at mine like an analog clock. The lowest position or 10% power is at about 11 o clock. The max position is about 8:30 position. So I run at about 6 o'clock. Which I figure ~75%. But then is the pot linear? I forgot. I know I read it somewhere. Cannot remember now.

It is very handy for me to turn it down when I am in the tent. Saves eye strain. I seem sensitive to the light anymore.

Them trim pots, I wish they spun more, I dunno 'symmetrically'. I look at mine like an analog clock. The lowest position or 10% power is at about 11 o clock. The max position is about 8:30 position. So I run at about 6 o'clock. Which I figure ~75%. But then is the pot linear? I forgot. I know I read it somewhere. Cannot remember now.

It is very handy for me to turn it down when I am in the tent. Saves eye strain. I seem sensitive to the light anymore.
I got a skinnier screw driver today and got a better feel for it. I see what you're saying. I was using that and how my eyes were reading the brightness on the plants and set the two to around 70% as well. It was right where they noticably made a jump to brighter.

Mine have always been sensitive to light, but they are getting more that way as I get older. I have a floppy brimmed hat that I wear when I'm working in my rooms to keep my eyes shaded. It helps from getting a sun burn on the top of my head as well I'm sure. My hair is not nearly as thick as it used to be.

My wife has been using these for years when she makes wine and I figure they should be perfect for my plants that I'm making seeds with. I can let them get nice and dry and even shake them around. Most all of the seeds should come off into the bag. I've been going through plants, bud by bud, crumbling them looking for seeds.

I have some larger ones coming up and was realizing I needed a much more efficient process. These are paint strainers for a 5 gallon bucket. You can get them at your local home improvement store for a couple of bucks. I just put them over the plant and rubber band them shut. Then I stick the label from the pot to it, to keep straight which is which.

Hi Morglie,

Just stopping by to say high! :passitleft:
Good to see you Fish. Been busy with work and trim jail. I got a freak chance to take a vacation day today, so I built most of two garden paths. I'll finish them tomorrow morning. AccuWeather isn't calling for a 'delightful' forecast tomorrow, like today, but I'm working under a huge Maple, so it's nice and shaded.

There's some Bangi Haze in that path. Two bowls worth to be precise. It's amazing how much you can get done with the lime one in the pipe.

Good to see you Fish. Been busy with work and trim jail. I got a freak chance to take a vacation day today, so I built most of two garden paths. I'll finish them tomorrow morning. AccuWeather isn't calling for a 'delightful' forecast tomorrow, like today, but I'm working under a huge Maple, so it's nice and shaded.

There's some Bangi Haze in that path. Two bowls worth to be precise. It's amazing how much you can get done with the lime one in the pipe.
Wait til you cob some, see how much gets done then. I'm not a very functional stoner, it doesn't matter what I smoke but these cobs are a different story. You have to move there is so much stored up energy, sitting just isn't an option for a while.

Wait til you cob some, see how much gets done then. I'm not a very functional stoner, it doesn't matter what I smoke but these cobs are a different story. You have to move there is so much stored up energy, sitting just isn't an option for a while.
I need to pick up a vacuum sealer. I was considering cobbing some of the carnival, but it's already too dry to do properly. I do have that Malawi shrub coming up in several weeks. She would do well I believe.

She will do fine. My favorite cob is my Malawi x Panama and the sample I'm testing is only 3 weeks into the cure. It has that type of sativa high you always wish for. So blissed out. Every task is the best thing you could be doing at the moment. Music is excellent, hearing things and words you never picked up on before. There is a definite reality shift, everything is brighter or amplified I guess. I'm well into a nice buzz now that's the reason I can tell you exactly how I feel. I know it will fade and I won't remember this as well. The jar cured flower doesn't come close to this feeling. :circle-of-love:

She will do fine. My favorite cob is my Malawi x Panama and the sample I'm testing is only 3 weeks into the cure. It has that type of sativa high you always wish for. So blissed out. Every task is the best thing you could be doing at the moment. Music is excellent, hearing things and words you never picked up on before. There is a definite reality shift, everything is brighter or amplified I guess. I'm well into a nice buzz now that's the reason I can tell you exactly how I feel. I know it will fade and I won't remember this as well. The jar cured flower doesn't come close to this feeling. :circle-of-love:
Are you referring to smoking or ingesting it? Or is it both?

Nice. I was thinking the difference in buzz was only when ingesting.
I actually prefer the smoked buzz to chewing them at this point. I'll wait til I deem them done and dry them completely before finding the right dose chewing. You could find yourself somewhere you didn't intend on being if you chewed too much and these things change weekly. What was a good dose this week could be a little too much next week.

I actually prefer the smoked buzz to chewing them at this point. I'll wait til I deem them done and dry them completely before finding the right dose chewing. You could find yourself somewhere you didn't intend on being if you chewed too much and these things change weekly. What was a good dose this week could be a little too much next week.
That's pretty cool to have the option. Being able to just chew a nugget of cob and have an energizing buzz going all afternoon long would be nice.

Purple Malawi. Normally she'd have another week by how I've normally ran her. She's bulking up though and still healthy though. I'm going to push her at least another 2-3 weeks.

This is a cut of her that I pollinated. It's probably the best structure I've ever got out of her. 6 colas about 18 inches long. All seeded......

Snow moon. She's starting to get a hash smell to her. She's going to purple though. I'm contemplating whether I want to try and program my AC to drop the temp for several nights in a row to see what colors I can get.

I miss the snow moon. Very tasty weed. I had the 1st seed drop and you didn't always get the hashplant pheno. I had a Vietnam Black pheno with leaves skinnier than many sativas I've run. It was like coffee when smoked. I kept it for a couple runs but I did like the hashplant one best. My leaves stayed green but the buds turned purple.
It's a nice looking and smelling plant. Very uniform and orderly. I believe it's going to be like yours, where it's purple bud with green leaves. I took a clone of her, but I've promised that away to a friend. I guess I'll have to pop another one. I believe I have 2 seeds left. I need to get some more balanced hybrids and indica's going in my garden. Although, if I got the Vietnam Black pheno somehow, I wouldn't be disappointed. I don't believe it's been there since their original release though. I've been eyeing the Orient Express x Nepjam. There's a rare purple expression of Vietnam Black in that release that sounds exceptional. And the regular phenos are supposed to be great smoke with insane yields. I don't know if you've read up on that cross, but it sounds like a good one. It made it from their R&D page to a normal release.

My friend had 14 plants ready to get transplanted outside, and all of them disappeared. Half of those were ones I had given him a month ago as decent sized clones. They should have been close to 2 foot tall already. Now he's going to be down to the 4 small clones I have left in veg to work with. Everything else I have are unsexed seedlings. At least it's something to work with and who knows, one might be like the Malawi cutting I gave him last year that somehow finished outside in the Midwest and yielded over a pound. It was an F2 I made with my purple mother, and two of the cuts I'm giving him are PM x UD, so the potential is there in the genetics. We'll see.

Peace

Back
Top Bottom