Morglie's Perpetual: New Space & New Strains

What strain is that? a month is pretty good I think. That reminds me that I have some cobs that are 3 weeks old....
That's my purple Malawi. I figured I'd start with the traditional cobbed strain. It's head stash and I'm getting enough from her that there's plenty to play around with.

I'm excited to try these out! It's a month in before they are ready for any testing, correct?

You will appreciate them after the ferment stage. They are smooth and you'll notice a change in effect. At 4 weeks cure they seem to get stronger. Start sampling when you open them to dry after the ferment then try them weekly after that. You still need to open and dry them weekly anyway.

You will appreciate them after the ferment stage. They are smooth and you'll notice a change in effect. At 4 weeks cure they seem to get stronger. Start sampling when you open them to dry after the ferment then try them weekly after that. You still need to open and dry them weekly anyway.
I wasn't thinking it was ready to sample until after the week around 80, so I sealed it back up after the sweat.
I'm planning on testing it this weekend when I open it to check. :slide:I almost opened it tonight when I saw this. I'm practicing patience though and will refrain until then.

PM x UD

While I had the girls out yesterday next to each other, as I was showing my brother-in-law about the cross and what I'm looking for, I noticed the leaves were different colors. 2 has a darker, almost purple look to them in the center of the fingers. It's something the mother does when she's ready to flower. I'm thinking it may be a purple pheno. If it is, I'll have 75% purple plants in the F2 generation. I'm fine with the 50/50 split I've been expecting, but still, I love the smells that purple plants put out.

Next up, the sativa girls...

Zamedelica x Panama, Panama F2, and Kerala

Zam x Pan 3 is way behind the others. It's started coming along this week, so hopefully it will take off and catch up to the others.

The others have been in flower under 11/13 for 4 days. Zam x Pan 1 is looking like Panama. This is the first one I've seen that has taken after the father. It's ahead of the others.

The Panama F2 to compare.

Zam x Pan 2

Kerala. Lighter colored leaves on her and the fingers are fatter. She's been a happy vigorous plant and seems to be pretty well behaved.

There's a very good possibility that ZxP 1 and Kerala may get pollinated by the male PM x UD. Hmm, things to contemplate.

Peace

WOW! Sweet PM x UDs! Those are just Beautiful. How are the outdoor ones doing? My UDs are getting big. I have not been able to get a clone yet. I really want to keep them until after they flower and I really know what the smoke is like.

Do you have an idea of the indoor flowering time for the PM x UDs is? Have they stretched much?

WOW! Sweet PM x UDs! Those are just Beautiful. How are the outdoor ones doing? My UDs are getting big. I have not been able to get a clone yet. I really want to keep them until after they flower and I really know what the smoke is like.

Do you have an idea of the indoor flowering time for the PM x UDs is? Have they stretched much?

Thank you! Two of the three I have going inside doubled in height in the first week. They're just building buds now. The other one stretched maybe 50% if that much. From what Conradino was saying about UD being so quick, I'm thinking 7-8 weeks. The mother normally has zero white pistols at ten weeks. She never ambers for me. She just starts to look tired. I normally cut her between 9-10 weeks.

The outdoor girls I only check on on the weekends. Sunday I should have some new picks. I'm thinking about trimming them back quite a bit. Last weekend one was 6ft and the other had to be pushing 7ft. And I don't think they've started to stretch yet.....

6 and 7 feet! Awesome and its not even August yet.

Sorry I forgot this was your first run with them...o_O What week are the indoor ones on now? Do you use 12/12 or 11/13?
They've been under 11/13 for 21 days now and probably should have gotten their first Cat today instead of a Trans. Damn. At least they're drinking every 3 days so I can get them soon.

I've always ran 11/13. I knew I was going to grow mainly sativas when I started. With a perpetual, you can't switch photo periods, so I've always stuck with it and my plants seem to like it. I hear it speeds things up as well, which I'm ok with. Growing is teaching me patience. Something I'm in need of at times.

I've always ran 11/13. I knew I was going to grow mainly sativas when I started. With a perpetual, you can't switch photo periods, so I've always stuck with it and my plants seem to like it. I hear it speeds things up as well, which I'm ok with. Growing is teaching me patience. Something I'm in need of at times.

I am with you there. I have always wanted to run the same strain under 2 different lighting periods to see if there is actually a difference. I think I usually harvest the Black Dog a few days before Woody recommends but it might just come down to technique or taste.

I was thinking about switching to 12/12 but maybe not....

11/13 is supposed to bring out sativa
I am with you there. I have always wanted to run the same strain under 2 different lighting periods to see if there is actually a difference. I think I usually harvest the Black Dog a few days before Woody recommends but it might just come down to technique or taste.

I was thinking about switching to 12/12 but maybe not....
I've wondered how they would grow under 12/12 but I'm always running some pure sativas that never amber as it is. I'd be curious to see the difference as well.

Since I run so much variety in a perpetual I just settled on 11.5/12.5. It seems to work well for me.
I've been starting to integrate more hybrids and indicas into my grow. Does that extra half hour bulk up the plants more? It might be worth taking the lights up a bit if there's a noticable difference.

I think I may switch to it today to see. When I opened my flower room this morning with the green light to pull out my snow moon for harvest, I found my lights blazing. I've got one of the mechanical power strip timers and the dial in the middle that turns the timer plugs on and off wasn't set quite right. So there's already plenty of stress. A half hour difference shouldn't matter at this point.

And speaking of harvesting Snow Moon. Nice fat purple buds. It was a very easy plant to grow. It's got a sweet berry smell with hash plant underneath. Similar to my early bubba hash that's coming down in a week or two. That one is mainly a super sweet hash plant smell, but there's definitely some berry going on as well.

I'm off to work on our kitchen island. We're converting an old dresser into the cabinet and putting a big piece of butcher block on top.

On a side note, I chewed 0.3 grams of my canary this morning. I'm really not feeling anything from it. It's a week into the process, so I don't know if it's too early for ingesting. I'm letting a bit more dry for smoking later.

Peace

At .3 this early you may feel a mood enhancement and some energy but it really didn't feel like a cannabis buzz for me at that point. It also takes a full 3 hours before I feel anything from eating them.

That's kind of what I was thinking. It's been almost 4 hours and I'm feeling energetic, but I normally am like that this time of the morning as I'm drinking my coffee. Getting ready to enhance it with some supplemental smoke. We shall see.

Woody has given me a few clones and I have beeen able to grow them out and had the chance to smoke buds off of his plants and mine. He runs 12/12 and his buds are always bulkier. That does not mean it is just the lights... he uses different ferts and has bigger lights and humidity control I think. BUT the quality does not suffer on my end. Buds taste the same and get me just as stoned but I do notice that his are bigger and more dense,... my 2c

Back
Top Bottom