Morglie's Perpetual: New Space & New Strains

I went ahead and switched to 11.5/12.5 lighting today since it won't add any more light stress then they already got. I also lowered the lights. They were sitting around 36-40 inches to the tops of most plants. They're now around 24-30. Hopefully that should help bulk things up. I was worried about run away plants in the big totes when I set it up, so I put the lights up near the ceiling. That's not been the case, so I moved them closer.

So, speaking of tall plants. I didn't trim the outside girls today, but I'm thinking I probably should have. They're pushing 7 and 8 foot. They haven't started throwing pistols but they are starting to get preflower growth. @conradino23, what are your thoughts on trimming them back at this point? Will it stunt them? I'm afraid they are too far into the hormonal change to flower. Rubbing the stem doesn't give much smell yet.

Two of the PCK x Erdpurt are still flowering, but neither are doing well. The third one is hidden under growth as it never got any bigger after I put it in the ground.

And now to the inside....

Buds on the three PM x UD in flower.

Early bubba hash

Cannatonic

Purple Malawi

Off to browse the yard.

I like the trichome production on the PM x UDs at day 22? Nice.

Outdoor plants seem good. Ill bet they slow down a bit in August....but WTF do I know?
I'm thinking the indoor girls are going to be quick. 8 weeks tops. I hope they go quickly outside as well. I normally have to chop towards the end of September to keep them from getting hit with an overnight freeze.

I'm not certain exactly when stretch starts outside. If they are already stretching they shouldn't get to bad as the indoor ones only lasted a week, if they are just starting, they are going to get around 12ft+ which will get them big enough the aromas in late flower are going to carry more than I'd like. They are tucked away nicely, but that'll be alot of stinky bud all the same. Crossing my fingers.

the aromas in late flower are going to carry more than I'd like. They are tucked away nicely, but that'll be alot of stinky bud all the same. Crossing my fingers.

Oh Ya. I share that sentiment. I love camping in late summer and it's hard not to sit and worry about all the lusterous buds growing right over my fence from the street.....

Easiest thing is to try not to think about it...

Plant some Onions, Garlic, Scallions?, i dunno if it really works or if it is to late.?
:surf:
Oh Ya. I share that sentiment. I love camping in late summer and it's hard not to sit and worry about all the lusterous buds growing right over my fence from the street.....

Easiest thing is to try not to think about it...
I don't think any amount of aromatic foilage is going to cover up the smell from two 8ft+ plants covered in bud. Luckily they are a ways away from where anyone is going to be.

Speaking of remote locations. I wish I could find some isolated areas around here. Someplace to spread seeds and let them grow wild. See what developes over several years of them growing wild and reseeding. See how it evolves over the years to the local environment.

When I was in Jamaican, I had a talk with some growers about how they handled their crops. I was interested in how they introduce new genetics and they said they just add them to the field and whatever pollen gets blown all over the place. Those seeds get replanted next year, so the stand slowly changes over time. They have that great soil and ideal growing conditions, and they could grow some killer weed with the newest genetics. Imagine growing some of the new icky sticky stuff under those conditions! It seemed to me that they'd be better off keeping the genetics separate.

But your idea is pretty cool. As long as you started with a planned mix of strains, you could end up with something based on improved genetics, adapted to your own environment. :slide: Nice idea. It'd be fun to work with autos in my climate.

I'm with you on keeping the genetics separate. If there are landrace strains going, keep them pure. The thought of Jamaican strains getting diluted by foreign genetics saddens me. Seeing new genetics grown there would be cool, but leave the native sativas alone. They are a natural thing of beauty.

There's nothing growing naturally around me though. I'd love to get a strain going here. I've got a container of random seeds that I've been planning on doing this with. I like your idea of only introducing specific strains though, so I may have to go with a collection from one or two crosses. Hmm... Food for thought.

Trim the bottom, I always do it!

I got the sativas out for a photo session. One of the Zam x Pan has been lagging and is still in veg. It should be ready to go in this weekend.

Yeah I meant the bottom of the plant :laugh:

Hi Morglie :ciao:

I’ve just been acquainting myself with your wonderful garden as I haven’t been here before. It sure is full of delights for the senses. :love::yummy:

As you’ve noticed, I’ve been deeply admiring the Zamadelica x Panama cross around the place :yummy:. OMG just looking at it sets off some synaptic excitement in my circuitry!

So, a question if I may. For a number of months now, I’ve been on a bit of a CBG curious tangent. I’m curious; did you cross these 2 because you were interested in CBG? Or is it a happy accident that they both have a lot of it?

I Only noticed this yesterday after I decided to look more deeply at the Zamaldelica. I always knew that Panama had it and wanting to grow that (and other longer flowering plants) is what drove me to purchase a tent! So now this cross you’ve made takes on an even more appealing possibility. There’s definitely going to be a pheno or 2 in there with very high CBG, and it’s likely most of them will have a good amount. So whether you did it on purpose or not, Well done !!

And apart from all that (or maybe intrinsically linked to it), it is the most beautiful form to me. Gotta sub in here now and see what other delights you might serve up to us in the future :smokin:

:Namaste:

interested in CBG?
Oh, and if anyone is and isn’t already aware, CBG is the precursor to all (i think) the other main cannabinoids, and enzymes in the plant work to convert it to the different ones. Some plants strains/chemovars still have higher amounts of CBG because of a recessive gene which inhibits the enzymatic conversion process. As a long time pot loving philosopher, this precursor - with equivalent medicinal properties to CBD - interests me a great deal :)

I’m particularly chuffed that I adored this cross before I knew it was so CBG rich... spoooOOooky!

Oh, and if anyone is and isn’t already aware, CBG is the precursor to all (i think) the other main cannabinoids, and enzymes in the plant work to convert it to the different ones. Some plants strains/chemovars still have higher amounts of CBG because of a recessive gene which inhibits the enzymatic conversion process. As a long time pot loving philosopher, this precursor - with equivalent medicinal properties to CBD - interests me a great deal :)

I’m particularly chuffed that I adored this cross before I knew it was so CBG rich... spoooOOooky!
Welcome aboard Amy! I'm glad to have you here.

When I made that cross I was still early in the learning process for growing and wasn't focused so much on specific aspects. I was trying to build a seed supply based off of Ace's genetics, which are superb.

I really had no clue about the CBG values of either strain. That is very interesting to know. I'm excited to see what I get from them. I've not grown any out since I've upgraded rooms/lighting and I'm definitely better at growing than I was then.

I'll try and get some pics soon. They are starting to take off. It might be a bit on another photo drop after the one I'm getting ready to post. In-laws are coming to visit the next couple of days and I need to get a plant harvested tomorrow morning, so time in the grow room is limited.

Back
Top Bottom