Moving From Growing For Distribution To Growing For Fun

So, my initial intent when I first started growing about a year and a half ago was for distribution, in whatever form that may be. But now, it's lost its "fun", and seems to have become a bit of a chore - like making the bed every day or doing the dishes. That's why I haven't posted a journal for the last two crops. I want to get away from this. My next harvest (Northern Lights, White Widow, Blueberry) is due in maybe 4 weeks. I want this to be the last crop that's a chore. From now on, I want to focus primarily on quality, not quantity. And fun.

The next grow I plan on doing is some auto flower seeds I have (I normally do photos). The auto strains are Dark Devil, Wedding Cake, and Pineapple Express.

Not really sure what I'm asking here - I guess maybe going from quantity to small batch? As I write this, I'm thinking that instead of growing ALL of the autos (3 seeds each of the WC and PE, 4 seeds of the DD) as I had planned, just growing each strain individually as it's own crop, and giving great care to each individual plant? Advanced low stress training (autos, so I don't wanna chance fucking them up) is something I could see as a possibility.

What are your thoughts and/ or suggestions?

My first grow was 6 plants in a 4 x 8 to 2 plants in a 2 x 4 for grow #2, and I really liked it! I spent more time fiddling with each plant, enjoyed it MUCH more. Now I have 6 plants in a 5 x 5 for distribution but I have most things automated so not much work.

One idea is you could sell the 4 x 8 equipment and use that cash for a bunch of interesting genetics and grow 2 big girls at a time in 5 or 7 gallon pots in the 2 x 4. Then you could have fun with it and still have 3oz or so per month for personal.

My first grow was 6 plants in a 4 x 8 to 2 plants in a 2 x 4 for grow #2, and I really liked it! I spent more time fiddling with each plant, enjoyed it MUCH more. Now I have 6 plants in a 5 x 5 for distribution but I have most things automated so not much work.

One idea is you could sell the 4 x 8 equipment and use that cash for a bunch of interesting genetics and grow 2 big girls at a time in 5 or 7 gallon pots in the 2 x 4. Then you could have fun with it and still have 3oz or so per month for personal.
That's actually a very good idea! Thanks!

That sounds like fun.
I been 'in the biz' a long time, but profit was always the motive.

Currently I manage a 200 plant grow, with at least 400 clones on hand at all times. It's a full time 40+ hour a week job.

I'm old now, and looking forward to the day when I can grow for ME, and spend lots of time in a boat in the middle of a lake fishing, drinking beer and smoking.

It won't be long now.
I am training a younger and female version of me to take my job when I leave. She doesn't know it - the boss doesn't know it ... but, it will happen.

I figure springtime I will quit and move out of California ... (these people are fucking crazy)

Back
Top Bottom