MrNiceGuyNc OG Kush First Grow

What is your growing media? Soil, soilless, hydroton.....don't know if you ever said. Your media makes a difference in how you feed. Your local water also has a huge impact on nutes and their uptake by the plant. You need a water analysis, mostly interested in Total Alkalinity, if it is below 100 or so, you should be good to go. Since AN is pH buffered, you should be able to mix w/ water and get great results right? Isn't that why it costs so much? Or do you still have to pH it? You should not need a pH, or ppm device if you are strictly following the directions. Both are nice to have (and necessary) if you have any "issues" along the way (deficiencies, burning leaves, funny growth)

What is your growing media? Soil, soilless, hydroton.....don't know if you ever said. Your media makes a difference in how you feed. Your local water also has a huge impact on nutes and their uptake by the plant. You need a water analysis, mostly interested in Total Alkalinity, if it is below 100 or so, you should be good to go. Since AN is pH buffered, you should be able to mix w/ water and get great results right? Isn't that why it costs so much? Or do you still have to pH it? You should not need a pH, or ppm device if you are strictly following the directions. Both are nice to have (and necessary) if you have any "issues" along the way (deficiencies, burning leaves, funny growth)

Sorry for the late post. I'm using soil. As far as Total Alkalinity, another grower in my town told me its right near 92, he showed me some charts and paper filled with info and my head started to hurt. So I should be good on that. He also told me that he never uses PH up or down because of the nurts he uses. So I order the same stuff and hope I don't run into any problems.

IMG00053-20110922-2058.jpg

IMG00052-20110922-2058.jpg

IMG00051-20110922-2057.jpg

So I got a question about soil mix and when I should transplant the plant. I plan on using 8.8 L of perlite, 8.8 L of peat moss and 28 L of plain potting soil. Would this be a good mix for the last replanting?

IMG00050-20110922-2057.jpg

Hey mon! Subbed!
I got a 400 watt in a similar sized space. I actually have d same tent u wanna get, but jus recently transferred em into a black/white poly line cabinet n put d tent into storage. Gonna update my journal so u could see some pics of my setup.
Lookin good so far! Most people up here wouldn't recommend MG stuff caz their stuff is pretreated(thereby screwing up any precise control of nutes in d media) but then again I have seen grows that show otherwise. As for proportions, I'm not too sure so best bet is to wait on an expert to chime in.

What does the potting soil look like? How heavy is it now? Does it have much perlite mixed in, compost, organic material or what? Some is real heavy and some is quite light. You want your soil to drain well and not get waterlogged, you may or may not need the peat. If you use it you should add some lime to the soil cause the pH will swing down the road. The lime will help keep it even.

What does the potting soil look like? How heavy is it now? Does it have much perlite mixed in, compost, organic material or what? Some is real heavy and some is quite light. You want your soil to drain well and not get waterlogged, you may or may not need the peat. If you use it you should add some lime to the soil cause the pH will swing down the road. The lime will help keep it even.

Thanks OG13

Its heavy in hand, it has composted organic material, aged pine bark, cow manure compost, sedge peat and sand.

I'd just add the perlite then...if you add the peat, you'd better start looking for some dolomitic lime for later (but it is good to mix in when you mix the soil) top dressing.

I'd just add the perlite then...if you add the peat, you'd better start looking for some dolomitic lime for later (but it is good to mix in when you mix the soil) top dressing.

So say that I do add the lime but not enough, would I be able to add some later in the grow.

Well this week is starting bad. Last night when I was cleaning the grow box I notice that one of the roots was coming out the bottom of the cup, so i panic and replanted her in a 5 gallon bucket.

IMAG00809.jpg

IMAG00819.jpg

IMAG00828.jpg

I did take the ph up to 7

Everything went ok with the transplant.

But why are the first leaves that grew curling down? Is it over watering or the ph of the soil? Also when i planted her in the cup I use miracle grow soil with nurts, slow release food. How would I know which one it is?

IMAG008311.jpg

IMAG00869.jpg

So say that I do add the lime but not enough, would I be able to add some later in the grow.

You can always top dress with lime later. Don't worry. Relax.

Also don't worry about a root growing out the bottom, they do. It was too early to transplant (they look really moist too). You want a good solid network of roots to hold the soil ball together. If there are not enough roots, you can actually cause more damage by tearing them.....

Well this week is starting bad. Last night when I was cleaning the grow box I notice that one of the roots was coming out the bottom of the cup, so i panic and replanted her in a 5 gallon bucket.

IMAG00809.jpg

IMAG00819.jpg

IMAG00828.jpg

I did take the ph up to 7

Everything went ok with the transplant.

But why are the first leaves that grew curling down? Is it over watering or the ph of the soil? Also when i planted her in the cup I use miracle grow soil with nurts, slow release food. How would I know which one it is?

IMAG008311.jpg

IMAG00869.jpg
i have one plant out of 14 growing like this also... i was wondering why it was growing like this too. i am using all bagseed so i thought maybe it was a different strain, pheno, or had different parents but idk... i dont think this is normal

og kush is slightly sensitive to nutes in its early stages. chances are your soil has too much food in it, using the time release nutes sometimes burns cannabis early on.

make sure you're letting them dry out completely between waterings, it promotes the roots to grow more searching for water.

og kush is slightly sensitive to nutes in its early stages. chances are your soil has too much food in it, using the time release nutes sometimes burns cannabis early on.

make sure you're letting them dry out completely between waterings, it promotes the roots to grow more searching for water.

Thanks CrimsonK20, I see that you are growning a few Kush strains right now. Did you or are you having touble with the PH? and where do you keep your PH at?

my kush is vegging right now, I'm running master, afghan, and OG. I noticed last night my ph meter was up by .5 points, so I've been feeding them around 7.3 which in my opinion is much too high. I try to get them at 6.3-6.8; 6.5 as the sweet spot. Even though they've had high ph, they're still very green, I have some recent pictures in my organic journal.

the droopiness was prolly caused by a little bit of shock from the transplant, but hang in there and be PATIENT. it sucks you only got one plant out of all those seeds, i bet if you woulda kept that seed starter for another day or two in the dark you woulda had a few more pop up. I gave up on my grow for two days and when i went to throw everything away i had 4 little seedlings popped. good luck with the rest of your grow though man, can't wait to see what the final outcome will be.

So I my girl want to start buying Christmas present, so my budget for the project just got cut. So I went out and spent $25 and built this carbon filter. It's doing the job right now, but after Christmas I will invest into something else.

IMAG01356.jpg

Today is day 24 in veg
IMAG01369.jpg

The home made C02 generator
IMAG013711.jpg

Back
Top Bottom