MrNiceGuyNc OG Kush First Grow

IMAG013813.jpg

looking good man. how long do you plan on vegging?

I don't know right now, I plan on making a screen for her by Tuesday. As soon as I get it about 80% full I will switch. I start giving her C02 two days ago and some nurtes. She seems to be growing a bit faster than I thought.

IMG00057-20111008-1756.jpg

fast growth, always a good problem to have, she looks so much healthier than when you last posted pictures, all the new growth looks very healthy, keep up the good work bro!

hey bro, lookin GREAT. how'd you make that CO2 generator?

Thanks man, I got the info form the DIY section of this site

Brought to you by ledtester

How to make a CO2 generator for your greenhouse/grow room plants

If you have a greenhouse or grow room and have wanted to put in a CO2 system but couldn't afford the expense or had difficulty with how technical one can be to set up and run, have I got the solution for you! Well it is easy for anyone to set up and use this simple CO2 generator for healthy and vibrant plants. As you know plants take in CO2 during the day and expel Oxygen, at night they do the reverse but to a lesser degree. In order for your plants to thrive they need CO2. You could leave the door open for fresh air, but in the winter your plants could freeze and opening the doors invites all sorts of plant eating pests. Making a simple generator to use solves those problems.

Things You'll Need:
empty gallon water bottle or well washed milk jug.
1 Cup Sugar
1 heaping teaspoon of Activated Yeast.
craft iron
airline tubing or other such tubing to direct CO2 to your plants
twist ties to attach tubing to uprights
coat hanger, garden stakes or some other thing to act as a holder for your CO2 curtain
pocket knife or punch to make holes into tubing.
1 "T" connector for your tubing.

Step 1plug in craft iron, when it is hot enough you will use it to burn a hole into the lid of your gallon water bottle. The hole must be just large enough to force the tubing into it. Force end of tubing into the lid from the outside to the inside entering the jug about 1/4 inch.

Step 2Fill water jug 1/3 with lukewarm water then using a funnel add 1 cup of sugar. Shake well to dissolve as much sugar as possible.

Step 3Using 1 cup measure fill about 1/3 full with lukewarm water. Add dry activated yeast and stir till dissolved. Using funnel add this to your water jug then fill to just over 1/2 way with more lukewarm but not hot water. Hot water will kill your yeast.

Step 4place lid onto container which is now your generator. Place generator in your greenhouse or grow room as close to your plants as possible.

Step 5take your coat hanger pieces or wooden stakes and stake 4 around the perimeter of your plants, you can put stakes in planters with the plants. These will be the uprights your airline tubing will attach to.

Step 6Cut enough airline tubing to go completely around your plants and attach both ends of the tubing to the "T". Using plant tape or twist ties you will attach this tubing to the uprights you just made. Use the piece of airline attached to your water bottle lid to attach to the final end of your "T"

Step 7using your pocket knife or tubing punch you will poke some holes into the tubing surrounding your plants on the sides of the tubing that is directly facing the plants.

Brought to you by ledtester

The only thing I didn't was the stakes and tubing. I just ran a tube from the 2l to a smaller bottle with water(to monitor the bubbles) and then a tube right to the top of the plant. Damn thing works great

Well it has been awhile since I last posted but alot of things are going on with me and the plant. Got a promotion and now I'm able to spoil her to death.

A few problems that I ran into was the size of the grow tent and the air cool hood. It was way to big. The hood could barley fit into the tent and I'm having a hard time finding one the will fit into a 2x2x5 tent. So i went ahead and brought a small bat wing reflector until i find something thats air cooled and small. I'll post pics in a few days of the new stuff i get in.

Now, some of the leaves are showing some brownish and yellowish spots along the edge and in the center of some leaves. Does anyone know what could cause this?

IMG00064-20111024-1802.jpg

IMG00065-20111024-1802.jpg

IMG00066-20111024-1803.jpg

Thanks treezzz!! I haven't check the PH of the run off yet but I will tonight. But the Ph of the soil is right at 6.7ish.

i've heard soil pH testers are not that accurate from several reliable sources and from my experience its true. thats why i switched to testing run off like the guy from my grow shop suggested. good luck :)

What you had heard was correct.
IMG00077-20111026-0642.jpg

I will ajust the ph on my next watering. Thanks again treezzz.

I can't tell if it's top growth or closer to the middle or bottom of the plant. As long as d leaves aren't wet when the lights are on n ur palm can comfortably remain at d top of the canopy then u could probably scratch out light burn
Hmmm...

Back
Top Bottom