MrNiceGuyNc OG Kush First Grow

mrniceguync

Hello everyone, MrNiceGuyNc here. Im a first time grower and will need help here and there. I've done a lot of reasearch and I'm ready to to give this a try.

Seed- Feminised Og Kush from Reserva Privada
Light- (2) 150 Watt Cfls for seedlings
(1) 400W Metal Halide Bulb for Vegging
(1) 400W High Pressure Sodium for Flowering
The hood is tube, air cooled and got it with a digtal ballast and the two
bulbs for $200
Cabinet-70"H x 48"W x 20"D from lowes
Nutrients- Advance Nutrients Mirco, Grow and Bloom
IMG00022-20110905-1108.jpg

Hey everybody. Got a question for anyone out there. I'm at the end of the first week and I just transplanted the peat pellet in to a cup with soil that could feed a plant for three months. My question is when I need to start feeding it with nutrients and fertilizer.

IMG00038-20110912-1146.jpg

IMG00040-20110912-1222.jpg

IMG00041-20110912-1222.jpg

That cup will only feed it for a few weeks at most depending on soil. When it gets a couple sets of branches on it transplant it to a bigger pot. How big do you want to grow this one? Do you want this to fill the cab or do a SCROG or what?

That will be a lot of light, make sure to get a fan to cool the tube.

No, 100 watts per square foot is like the sun.....if you can keep it cool, you should do great. Most people cheap out on the light/lumens/watts. Most people would use 250 watts in that size space. The Lowes plastic cabinent would have been a good size as well. Long spaces can be hard to light evenly, but 40 inches isn't "long". Whatever works at the right price. You will def need a fan on the tube, a fan to move the plants around, and probably a fan to deal with the radiant heat of the cab. Don't be surprised.

hey mrniceguy i'm also new to growing and i'm right behind you in my grow atm. i basically used the same germ method as you it looks like and i transplanted my seeds the same way but they've only been up out of the starter cube for 2 days now. hopefully everything continues to go well for you. it will be good to have someone to compare results with who is in about the same stage as i am. good luck with your grow man. i plan on staying up to date with your post. peace.

p.s. can someone tell me how to subscribe to a thread? thanks!

Trezzz, at the top of the page, clik on thread tools and hit subscribe. Then it gives you a choice of instant email or daily email or others. You can change the choice later.

So it's day 12 since the start. I ran into a couple but got them straighten out. The thermometer I was using was 10 degrees off. I thought I was keeping it at 73 degrees but it was really like 83. So pick up a digital one and now I'm back on track.

If the temp was that high for a week, would it slow do the growth of the plant?

This is what she looks like now.
IMG00046-20110917-1951.jpg

This is the new thermometer.
IMG00047-20110917-2100.jpg

The Dip Stick from American Hydroponics is a great tool to measure TDS and EC costing about $85 and never need calibration it resets itself each time you remove 3 aa batteries and for Ph Hanna makes a reliable meter for about the same cost both very important. Good Luck it looks good. I would also recommend seed from Howard Marks, Nevil, and Shantibaba who run Mr Nice seed. I am growing several strains given me to promote there stock and am 420% impressed. Try the Medicine Man if you can, it has prodigous yields of 600g per square meter. You can find the link here Sponsors : 420 MAGAZINE

Just because your device is digital doesn't mean it is accurate (or better than the analog device). You should calibrate all devices to a known "standard" such as a good old medical thermometer. Put all your thermometers inside a cooler and shut the lid. Come back and compare readings an hour later. Many analogs have an adjustment slot in the backside to use a screwdriver to adjust the reading to match your "known value". I bet the digital reads a few degrees high and the analog reads a few degrees low....the real temp is somewhere in the middle. Most of those "cheap" digital devices only have an accuracy of +/- 5 degrees, but some are +/-2.

i've been using an old school mercury thermometer... maybe i need to get myself one of those when i get some money. i also want a good pH tester and ppm tester. do you have either of those?

I have a ph tester but not a ppm tester. Would I need a ppm tester?

A ppm meter would help you greatly so you can know how much nutrients are in your water per feeding....i was reading that typically for seedlings and early veg, you want a ppm of around 250-450ppm thru later veg you will want to have a ppm of around 800-1000ppm and from late veg thru late flowering it will keep increasing until late flower you are around 1200-1300ppm... your last 2 weeks (your clearing or flush period) you will want to reduce your ppm to lower than 200ppm...basicly nothing in the water...(most tap water is higher than 200ppm)

A ppm meter is a helpful tool so that even when you are following your nutrient schedule you know how "strong" your nutrient mixes are...

I tested my tap/city water here in OC california and it sits at a 390ppm and ph of 8.3...way too high for feeding cannibus, especially in its early stages...

hope this helps.....this is far from a scientific explination but it gives you an idea of what ppm is useful for...i use mine a lot when making foliar sprays...usually keeping my ppm around or less than 200ppm...

Back
Top Bottom