Multiple Strains - Soil - Greenhouse & Outdoor - Mountain Grow - 2014

DutchGrower420

Well… another year, another grow I guess :)

I had a lot of fun documenting last year’s grow here on 420MAG, so for this season I’ll start a real Journal documenting my every move again for you guys.

All winter long I wasn’t sure if I would do another grow this summer. Hiking up to my spots high up in the mountains every week to take care of the ladies took a lot of effort last year. A bit too much! Summer 2013 was far from great and I experienced all kinds of problems with plants falling over, early snowfall and deer eating half my crop. So I didn’t know if I wanted to put in the effort again. But Springtime in the Alps has washed away those negative feelings like snow in the sun and I’m ready to start growing again like I do every summer.

Anywayz, this year I’m going to try a different approach (again).

I’m going to grow them into decent plants in a greenhouse on my balcony and just before they start stinking up the place I’m going to find a spot in the woods at a much lower altitude than the previous years and plant them there. I will try to flower one or two on my balcony depending on the smell. But if the stench is too pungent, they will quickly join the others in the woods.

I will also grow them in much smaller pots than last season. In the previous years I gave them 35 liters of soil each to grow in. But that made them way too tall and instable. You have to keep mountain storms in mind here. This year I will grow them in 11 liter pots. And I will (try to) keep them short and bushy. I’m going to ‘top’ them several times to make sure of that. Planting them later gives me much more control over the young plants. I can feed them exactly how I want to and can make sure that they don’t stretch too much.

Okay, done with the boring intro stuff, onto the strains etc….

I had planned on only growing the 6 clones that I’ve ordered, but the Grow Shop where I ordered my Fertilizers, soil and other stuff was so nice to add 2 samples of Dinafem Seeds to my package.

So here it goes:

From Feminized Seeds:

1 x Cheese
Generic/Composition: Indica / Sativa
Dinafem Seeds

1 x Fruit
Autoflowering
Generic/Composition: Indica dominant
Dinafem Seeds

From Clones:

2 x Nebula
Paradise Seeds

2 x Sensi Star
Generic/Composition: Mostly Indica with a hint of Sativa
Paradise Seeds

2 x L.*.D.
Generic/Composition: Indica dominant
Barney's Farm

Farming Style: 100% Terra

Fertilizers:

Seedlings: Plagron Start Up
Maturing / Adult Plants: Plagron 100% Terra Top Grow Box + Plagron Vita Race + Plagron Sugar Royal

Substrates:

Seedlings: Rockwool (seeds) & Soil (clones) Starter Plugs + Atami Bio Grow Mix
Maturing / Adult Plants: Plagron Growmix

Re: Multiple Strains, Soil, Greenhouse & Outdoor / Guerilla, Mountain Grow, 2014

I germinated the 2 Dinafem seed samples that I got for free with my order using the wet paper towel method. It took only 36 hours for them to germinate and then I planted them into moist Rockwool Starter Plugs. After another 36 hours in the incubator at high humidity they were born on 4:20 2014!

I now place them inside the incubator on my balcony during daytime and in the house during the still cold nights. I unfortunately lack any growing lights, so the sun is all that I have.

Fertilizer: Plagron Start Up
EC: 0,5
PH: 6,0

More updates soon!

Re: Multiple Strains, Soil, Greenhouse & Outdoor / Guerilla, Mountain Grow, 2014

Subbed, man.
If you want to harden your plants making them immune for strong winds - and I guess high in the mountains that is a problem - you have to expose them very early. I put my plants outside 3-4 days after they break the ground, no artificial lights, and believe me, that works. I got three seedlings fried by the sun on the other hand, but those ones which survived sun, WIND, low temps at night are as strong as they can be and are ready to be ttansplanted to their secret spots :)
Good luck!

Nice start and now long way to go :grinjoint:

Today my clones finally arrived! They were neatly packed and were kept nice and fresh in their packaging. Unfortunately they've replaced the L.*.D.'s with AK-47's without consulting me first. Am not too happy about that. I choose my genetics on Indica dominant plants and now they've send me Sativa dominant ones. Don't get me wrong, the AK-47 from Serious Seeds is a price winning strain, but it gets too tall and smells too pungent when flowering for my purposes. I've written them in the hope they still mail me what I'd originally ordered, so let's wait and see what happens there?

The Greenhouse that I'd ordered from some other online shop was of such terrible quality that the hood ripped to shreds when I was trying to put the it over the frame. So I've returned it and ordered one of better quality!

Anywayz, I've planted the clones in Atami Bio Grow Mix.

2 x Nebula
Paradise Seeds

2 x Sensi Star
Generic/Composition: Mostly Indica with a hint of Sativa
Paradise Seeds

2 x AK-47
Generic/Composition: F1-hybrid, mostly Sativa
Serious Seeds

Fertilizers: Plagron Terra Grow + Plagron Power Roots + Plagron Pure Zym

pH-Corrector: Hesi pH-minus Growth

EC: 1,1
PH: 6,0
Water Temperature 22 degrees Celsius

And these are happy plants. When are you planning to transplant?

And these are happy plants. When are you planning to transplant?

Not planning transplant for a while, they’ve only been in these pots for a few days, so would say few weeks before larger pot is needed. Want to keep them small-ish remember :)

Where did you purchase the clones from? The packaging is amazing!

I ordered those from a grow shop in Vienna. And was completely amazed by the packaging and the state of the clones shipped over the mail myself! They did a great job there! And tomorrow I’ll get my 2 L.*.D.’s also from them, so I’m a happy man so far :)

The wind tipped one of the AK-47's over and the main top broke off. But there are still few spots on the clone where I think a new top will grow so haven given up on it yet!

If main top has been broken, you're gonna get a bushy plant :)

The 2 remaining L.*.D.'s added to my selection and one AK-47 with broken main top.
Substrate: Atami Bio Grow Mix
Fertilizers: Plagron Terra Grow + Plagron Power Roots + Plagron Pure Zym
pH: 6
EC: 1,1

Sensi Star

Nebula

L.*.D. - Ready to be topped at end of week.

AK-47 - On the left broken off main top but new growth from 2 nodes.

Fruit Auto

Cheese

Good to see they're happy. I wouldn't worry about this broken top too much, it will slow it down, but as soon as the root builds up a little it will start branching out like crazy. I'd give it a quick nitrogen fix. Compost tea works very well and stinging nettle tea even better if you're into organics. I got similar situation with my Pakistan Chitral Kush, it's been completely eaten by the insects. The only thing left is the very first node and tiny leaves aside. I put it back in the pot and swapped the spot hoping it regrows :)

Good to see they're happy. I wouldn't worry about this broken top too much, it will slow it down, but as soon as the root builds up a little it will start branching out like crazy. I'd give it a quick nitrogen fix. Compost tea works very well and stinging nettle tea even better if you're into organics. I got similar situation with my Pakistan Chitral Kush, it's been completely eaten by the insects. The only thing left is the very first node and tiny leaves aside. I put it back in the pot and swapped the spot hoping it regrows :)

Thnx for the nice comments! Nah, am not worrying that much about the broken off top. Am going to top all of them anyway. Would have done it more careful than the wind did, but hey…. If it’s a vigorous plant it will recuperate. Of course it got stressed and slowed down a bit, but new growth is already sprouting well.

Please tell me more about the tea? Just sprinkle some dry stinging nettle tea around the plant? Don’t quite get you there?

Get some stinging nettle leaves and and put them in the bucket. Add water and let them compost for a few days until they dissolve completely. Then dilute 1:2 or 1:3 and use as a liquid fertilizer. Stinging nettle has NPK of 4-1-1 but contains much more than that: calcium, molibdenum, iron, magnesium. It gives such a boost to your plants that you might see 1 cm of vertical growth a day. I recommend it!

Back
Top Bottom