Munki's 576 Watt LED & Hempy Style Flower Power

ah cool, i saw there lil advertisement on this, and i thought they looked like the ones u have.
they seem to be doin really, what do u think?

Well, I've operated them so far in a less than ideal manner. A better test will be on a ScrOG or maybe a SOG grow. I'd probably put the big light on a mover to get an even coverage.

Also, these lights have lenses that are too broadly focused. They will be rekitted with more focused lenses so the penetration should improve.

That all said, I like what I've seen. They work well though I haven't given them an honest test with them in flower.

Want to give an update on the grow. The LEDs will be coming down prematurely for the conversion to the new lenses plus they are needed for a demo. For helping out, I will be receiving and installing a 600 watt Sunpulse 10K bulb with an approved digital ballast. This will be with the 600 watt HPS and I'll finish the grow with that setup.

If things get too crazy, I will be able to fall back to the LED panels next week. Light switch should occur Thursday.

why do you think it would be better to do it as a scrog or sog?

not a proper test with them during flower? why? cuz you r using hps aswell?

how far from the tops are the lights?
:thumb:

why do you think it would be better to do it as a scrog or sog?

not a proper test with them during flower? why? cuz you r using hps aswell?

how far from the tops are the lights?
:thumb:

I feel that minimizing the distance between the bottom and top of the bud zone of the plants will maximize the power of the LEDs. ScrOG does that very well.

A proper test would only use the LED lights, though I guess any configuration with a well documented grow is worth something.

are you doin a drip system into soil? if you dont mind me askin , what nutes do you like to use/what r u using for this grow?

Rigged up a basic drip system to feed my hempy buckets. The medium is 100% perlite so no soil. Nutrients have been GH Flora series all the way and have been Lucas Formula or a concentration with the same ratio. 1 part micro to 2 parts bloom. I don't use the grow part at all.

Presently, the reservoir is a 55 gallon drum that is for an ebb n grow setup. I have to constantly fiddle with it to ensure all plants get the right amount of nutes but it affords me the ability to skip a day or two between visits to the tent.

Looking super dank there Munki!

Thanks. When the moon goes just past full, I'll be looking to harvest the Blueberry Wowie and Master Kush. So next time when you look up at night, know that my HARVEST MOON is arriving! (even though the real harvest moon happened last month) :tokin:

Rigged up a basic drip system to feed my hempy buckets. The medium is 100% perlite so no soil. Nutrients have been GH Flora series all the way and have been Lucas Formula or a concentration with the same ratio. 1 part micro to 2 parts bloom. I don't use the grow part at all.

Presently, the reservoir is a 55 gallon drum that is for an ebb n grow setup. I have to constantly fiddle with it to ensure all plants get the right amount of nutes but it affords me the ability to skip a day or two between visits to the tent.

oh ok, ive heard alot of these huempy buckets from this site. not sure exactly what it is. i need to have a look for it and red about it.

Flower day 50. Both Satori are showing leaf damage. I will blame the nutes for being too strong for them as the other three strains handle it well. The Satori clones should have been a canary in the coalmine as they showed the leaf damage days earlier. I'll be diluting the remaining reservoir very soon, probably by 20 %.

A flextube ventilation failed in the tent just above the fan. Fixed it with a twist tie and some duct tape.

Checked a sugar leaf on each of the Master Kush and Blueberry. Seeing a lot of cloudy and some amber, so harvest should be soon. Target is for 10/23 as it fits my schedule well. Don't think it would be a good idea to harvest on Halloween as the smell may be a treat too tempting to a trickster! ;)

Got a couple of pic of the Master Kush out of the tent to better show the color.

101310-pic7.JPG
101310-pic6.JPG

If anyone wanted to see what the lenses look like in the LED lights, here you go.

101310-pic2.JPG
101310-pic1.JPG

Thanks for the lens pics. Where did you procure those from and who is the manufacturer?

Thanks for the lens pics. Where did you procure those from and who is the manufacturer?

I didn't buy them. EarthFireGardens drop shipped them to me from Hong Kong. They are more narrowly focused lenses so they should signifigantly increase the intensity under the LED panels. The panels are being re-kitted today.

Make a quick post of the problems I'm having. I rearranged my tent to get the different lighting in last night. Now have the 600 watt Sunpulse 10K running with the 600 watt HPS running at 75% power. Completing this overhaul, I still needed to water them, so I ran the pump manually but was so tired that I left it running. Woke up this morning realizing what I had done. 30 gallons of nutrient water gone. I recovered a little over 10 gallons in the tubs. Dried out the tent as best I could but the bottom is wet and there is no way I can dry it.

Powdery mildew has arrived as well on the Ogre. Spotted this when cleaning up. Decided on using skim milk diluted to 10 % to 20 % range and liberally applied to all surfaces of Ogre. That is after removing any leaf that showed PM plus removed bud and leaf from the bottom part of the plant as that is where most of the PM was.

DAMN THIS WEATHER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Frickin' cloudy and misty every day. I live in Southern California, not Portland! My grow room setup is not geared to deal with this. Mid 60s with 85 % humidity late in flower F U C K I N G S U C K S ! ! ! Day after day after day after day after ..... (you get the idea). Dreaming of a nice strong Santa Ana wind condition (mid 90s with 25 % humidity). No room for a dehumidifier and no room on the electrical circuit to power it.

OK, I'll end my rant now. I've gained appreciation for those who can grow in swamp like conditions.

sending positive thoughts your way Munki

this has been the strangest year weather-wise that I can recall.

people here have fruit trees that are just starting to bloom, and everyone I know that grows veggies report that their plants are all confused, lol

Thanks SS. I spotted PM forming on a Hydrangea we have in the back yard. Figured it should have been resistant, but the spores must be surging in the air from the favorable weather. I'll just have to deal with it the best I can and mitigate the damage and loss. The battle may last for weeks; hard to tell how it will go. Don't see any decent weather coming for at least a week.

The more I read about PM, the more it seems like luck to not get it. Conditions for PM are very similar for growing Cannabis.

Back
Top Bottom