Munki's 576 Watt LED & Hempy Style Flower Power

this is gonna be very interesting! ive always wanted to see led mixed with HID, i think its gonna kick ass

Thanks IrishBoy. One of the main reasons I did not want to do a Cannasumer Reports type grow this time was to allow myself the freedom to change what I wanted during the grow without upsetting anyone.

wow looking sweet
thanks for stopping by my grow any help is welcome there
talk about a meter spinning my meter reader did a double take the other day all i could do was laugh, im legal so what ever, and i have some of the cheapest power in the state last months bill was 128.00 and ran 6000 watts for 3 weeks ok enough outta me great looking girls brother keep rocking !!!!!!!

Flower day 31. Thought I posted this last night but I guess I did a preview post by mistake.

I ran a second feeder line to Ogre to ensure she gets enough fluids. Being the biggest plant and under the HPS, she can be quite thirsty. Did some IR thermometer readings of the top leaves of Ogre; 89 degrees F. Temp at the floor is 72 degrees.

Flower day 32.

092510-pic1.JPG

Ogre
092510-pic2.JPG

Satori 1
092510-pic3.JPG

Blueberry Wowie
092510-pic4.JPG

Satori 3
092510-pic5.JPG

Master Kush
092510-pic6.JPG

092510-pic7.JPG

they handle the heat well dont they !!!!!!
lookin so good man can smell all the way up north

So far, so good but we are in a heat wave right now. Hottest temps of the year. Not a great time for the heat at this point in the grow.

Flower day 33. Heat is on with mid to upper 90s being recorded in the tents. Lower humidity noted as well (mid 30 %).

I tied the tallest stems of the Ogre to the bamboo sticks. This helped to spread them out a bit allowing more light into the interior while easing some of the light and heat intensity on the tops.

I changed the watering to 13 minutes on in their morning and 2 more minutes in their evening.

How are your plants doing in this SoCal heatwave Munki? My Satoris are thriving. Man it was Death Valley hot yesterday though.

My Satori is 54 days into flower and I'm sure it's of the skyrocket pheno because the two clones that I took from it are now a foot taller than their mother. I'll post some pics in the Satori thread in a week or so.

I snipped a Satori bud about a week ago and tried it again last night and it was freaking potent. It doesn't really jive with the smoke reports to me because it isn't all that subtle, it's strong. And that was from an immature bud. But definitely an up, energetic, clear Sativa high. It is exactly as described so I'm really happy with Mandala Seeds.

These are the dog days of growing-- that period about 30-40 days into flower. Just far enough along to tease you but so far away from finishing. It always aggravates me. Fortunately, I'm just a few weeks away with my 1st Satori. Catch you at the turn.

How are your plants doing in this SoCal heatwave Munki? My Satoris are thriving. Man it was Death Valley hot yesterday though.

My Satori is 54 days into flower and I'm sure it's of the skyrocket pheno because the two clones that I took from it are now a foot taller than their mother. I'll post some pics in the Satori thread in a week or so.

I snipped a Satori bud about a week ago and tried it again last night and it was freaking potent. It doesn't really jive with the smoke reports to me because it isn't all that subtle, it's strong. And that was from an immature bud. But definitely an up, energetic, clear Sativa high. It is exactly as described so I'm really happy with Mandala Seeds.

These are the dog days of growing-- that period about 30-40 days into flower. Just far enough along to tease you but so far away from finishing. It always aggravates me. Fortunately, I'm just a few weeks away with my 1st Satori. Catch you at the turn.

I know about the mid flower thing. Not taking daily photos as there isn't much to show plus the lighting in the tent makes photography a nightmare.

Glad to hear about the Satori. Hope mine are as yummy. :yummy:

Munki, those look so healthy. I am sure that the heat will pass. They don't look like they are showing any signs of heat stress. :cheer::cheer:

Things are looking OK considering the heat. So Cal recorded its highest temperature for any day since records were kept (year 1877) and it was 3 degrees higher than the record! :yikes:

Heading to a cooling trend now but the temps at the beach regularly exceeded the daytime temperatures of the deserts the past few days. INSANE!

Flower day 34. This report is for yesterday.

Way too hot, man!!! Recorded a temp in the upper part of the tent of 103 degrees.

I turned down the HPS power to 50% to keep down the radiant heat. I don't think my highest temps are reached with the lights on though but instead happens during the dark period as I have the lights out midday.

I installed the tower fan again. Needed to get the air flowing around.

Good call on the 50%. When I was a newb I made sort of an impromptu swamp cooler when we had a nice heat wave here in CO! The thing worked great for keeping the, what I know now to be the Vapor Pressure Deficit at least close to where it should be. Then it was, oh this is nice. I have a nice cool room w/ high RH. So it began.:popcorn:

Looking good bro. I hope to eventually move to LED since Im seeing better and better results on the net. Keep up the good work.

Flower day 36. Missed my first report yesterday, :sorry:. Plants have completed 5 weeks of flower 12/12 lighting. I turned the HPS ballast back up to 75 % power. Weather is cooling down.

I setup the big barrel reservoir today with one pump set to just mix up the nutrients and another to pump nutes to the plants. Rez is from an ebb n grow setup, 55 gallon drum. I mixed up about 42 gallons. By far the largest volume mix I've ever done; need to get larger measuring cups! Put in 300 mL micro, 600 mL bloom, and 50 mL pH up. EC = 1.56 (780 PPM), pH was settling around 5.9. I'll check it tomorrow to see how it settles.

Thanks for the support and comments, everyone.

092910-pic1.JPG

Satori 3
092910-pic2.JPG

092910-pic4.JPG

Master Kush
092910-pic3.JPG

Blueberry Wowie
092910-pic5.JPG

Satori 1
092910-pic6.JPG

Ogre
092910-pic7.JPG

092910-pic8.JPG

Flower day 37. I agree the Ogre could fill the tent by itself if I had let it.

I caught the HPS bulb cut out today. It appears that this bulb isn't liking the reduced power. Turned it up to 100%. Watched it for a while and it is running OK. Light turned yellow where it was whiter before it cut out. Looks like I'll need to put another bulb on my shopping list.

Back
Top Bottom