My First Ever Grow - 4 23W CFLs - Some Organic Soil With Manure & Organic Humus

I am testing now put it up last night and I can see how well it works today. Lately it has been about once everyday to every day and a half. At its current rate I would be watering about a 1/4 of a liter per day if the tape gIves out it would be about 1/2 a liter a day

Maybe consider giving more water and letting some excess in a dipper at the bottom so the plant can uptake it if in need ? Or drip the water in the dipper, with an overflow mechanism ? Just ideas.

I'm a bit scared of untested/unmonitored mechanisms that can do too much or not enough or unexpected things during one's absence.

I agree with BluePhoric, i left for 3 days and was nervous. I water daily so that i don't have to water a lot at once. Ended up watering about twice as much as normal before i left, but the extra went around the outside of the container. The roots will find the moisture in the soil, but you don't want it right on top of them or you risk drowning. I also agree about the untested dripper. My wife was suggesting an upside down soda bottle but i could just imagine the cap fall off or it tipping over and the plants suffocating under the excess if I'm not there to save them. But i came back and they were pretty happy.

Letting them sit in water is also not a bad idea. As the soil dries it will suck up whatever it's in contact with.

Being a parent is hard.

Good luck.

It is I tried that setup for 13 hours and it seemd to be giving alittle more water then I like so I stopped it. I did find some new soil while I was out of town that might be good but I'm not sure.
2017-09-25_20_43_34.jpg
2017-09-25_20_43_34.jpg
2017-09-25_20_43_34.jpg

Do you think that would be good

I remember when I was doing research to decide what to put in my soil mix.

After reading a lot, I went in search of a good compost that was anything but made from forest products. I was following advises I read here and there. I don't remember why exactly, probably It's too acidic. I used shrimp (1-1-1) compost mixed with potting-mix and perlite; It did a great job.

The potting mix was essentially : Coarse Peat Moss, Perlite, Dolomitic and Calcitic Limestone, Non-Ionic Wetting Agent, Standard Fertilizer Starter Charge. I used that at 100% for seedlings in solo-cups. Then for bigger pots, I did 50% potting mix + 30% perlite + 20% compost.

In commercial and Specifically made for cannabis mixes, I've never seen forest products in the list of ingredients...

I can't find a proper reference, but maybe you can start here, and find more info elsewhere if you need.

I did rip it open to look at it and I can't see and hunk of wood or pine needles or anything. I did read tat fox farms ocean farm soil has forest compost aswell.

Is this nute burn or nute deficiency
Not sure if it's the soil or she is craving nutes now I added some today for the first time since she started.
8433d22d-7816-499e-8a96-e37f442d1cae.jpg

Is this nute burn or nute deficiency
Not sure if it's the soil or she is craving nutes now I added some today for the first time since she started.
8433d22d-7816-499e-8a96-e37f442d1cae.jpg

With Nute toxicity, you'd probably have dark green leaves with burnt tips or other specific leaf anomalies.

Your leaves seem light green, so I suppose lack of Nitrogen/nutrients.

Possible other causes...

Insufficient watering ? Too low humidity ? Too high (>7) PH ? Fluoride in the water ? Too hot ?

Try to keep RH in the 55-60%. If under 45-50... probably too low.

What are your temp and RH readings in the room ?

Hoping all is well been gone for 4 days hoping the little one made it. I will update and post pics in a couple hours when I get home

Back
Top Bottom