My first grow. Does everything look good?

Re: My first grow.... Does everything look good?

I think you meant to say CO2 doesnt affect flowering times..but rather the advertised yields are under ideal conditions (CO2 enriched)

Certainly not ideal conditions. Started out with very little knowledge. The room is great for temp, humidity etc. 7 plants may be a bit much for the footage, but I will probably start with 9 again and see what I get. A number of things I will do different next time, but they far exceeded my expectations and I am very pleased! :yahoo: Just watered an hour ago, about 20% clear, 30% amber, 50% cloudy. Has progressed well since Friday.

I checked them last night. Not much clear left, quite a bit more amber. Dark amber. The light gets turned off Friday night and we harvest Sunday! :yahoo:

Well, harvest took 6 hours for 7 plants. I didn't trim them real tight, many of the leaves were super frosty head to toe. Made sure to get rid of tips, except for the smallest of the small leaves, the tiny ones curling under up tight to the bud. I took out fans and anything not frosty at the stalk. My pics aren't the best, it is a pitch black room without that 400w light. I set up a couple of the 100w clip-on lights I used yesterday for harvest to be able to take pics.
03448.jpg
03354.jpg
03253.jpg
02481.jpg
021127.jpg

Oh yeah! My husband the pessimist thinks I may have a QP IF I am lucky! I think I have more than that, maybe not much more, but more! I know the pics are hard to see exactly what I have there. The six plants of the same variety were all heavy. The top 3 pics are of some of their colas, only topped once, so two per plant. The one oddball affectionately named "Special Edie" didn't produce much, but they were beautiful, purple with bright orange hairs. She has quite a few seeds, pollinated by the other strain's hermies, thinking I will grow one of her seeds next time and see what I get. So yeah....

Anyone have any guesses as to weight?

Around 25% of what it is/was when you hung it.

Yeah, I knew they lose about 75%, but I didn't weigh them. Wouldn't have been accurate with the sticks anyways.

yeah looks good. I would sticl with the hps bulb for every stage next time. veg and flower. I find that it works better and the plants really like sodium better. good job for your first indoor grow.

I don't know what strain they were. But I really really like. They are all so different but all very good. Saving seeds from my couple faves. I didn't wind up with very many seeds, pleasantly surprised. Got just over 5 ounces, had probably smoked at least an ounce of popcorn. So just under an ounce per plant. Will probably start up again in a month or so. If I do I will start a journal next time.

Thanks everyone! :thanks:

I don't know what strain they were. But I really really like. They are all so different but all very good. Saving seeds from my couple faves. I didn't wind up with very many seeds, pleasantly surprised. Got just over 5 ounces, had probably smoked at least an ounce of popcorn. So just under an ounce per plant. Will probably start up again in a month or so. If I do I will start a journal next time.

Thanks everyone! :thanks:

Tall this new new kid what blackstrap mo. will do at the end of 12/12. When do I add it and how much. Plain water or in add. to the nutes? thanks for any and all help.J.H.W.

Those buds look awesome HS... I think you did a wonderful job. I will be here to see the next attempt... gratz on the harvest!

Tall this new new kid what blackstrap mo. will do at the end of 12/12. When do I add it and how much. Plain water or in add. to the nutes? thanks for any and all help.J.H.W.

You really should start your own threads for this type of question Wilbur... there are also a dozen threads that speak directly to the use of molasses!
As for usage, I have been using it, mixed in w/the nutes... it breaks down in cold H20, I use a measuring cup and add 2oz per 4 Gals of H20... you can go higher or lower based on your plants and your confidence level in the product!
I have been using it for about a month now, once or twice a week, I really can't say I notice any difference w/or w/o the molasses!

It is supposed to increase sugar content and cause the buds to swell more. Also feeds microorganisms in the soil. I used a tablespoon per gallon of water. I boiled just a small amount of water to add it to, helped it dissolve easier. I have never had stuff taste and smell as sweet as this, I would assume that is the molasses. I will use it again, and earlier. I will start with it as soon as I switch to flower.

jarheadwilbur... I re-read my comment above and I apologize for sounding bossy or shitty... I didn't mean it to sound that way at all... not sure what I was trying to say but, no harm done aye?
Anyways... 420 on M8!

Yeah, stop being an asshole Kronic!! Gosh!! :rofl:

Back
Top Bottom