My first grow in progress (white widow + clones)

I have a update on what everything looks like now
25012009406.jpg

25012009402.jpg

I've now covered the see-thru plastic volvic caps for the clones with black bin liner, but i took the photos before doing that so the photo below wont show them being black... but i assure you they are :)
230120094001.jpg

Ive also checked that the browness of the stem problem, 2 clones were soggy i got rid of and some of the others are getting dried yellow leaves at the bottom, is that something to be worried about?

What color lights did you get? That part is important.

Don't bother with the halogen, useless for growing and a waste of electricity.

Clones dont need much light until they start to grow again. Vegging and flowering plants the more lights the better. If you can manage the heat the more lights the better. 3000K (warm red-yellow) for bloom, 6500K (cool -blueish) for veg.

Hi budz hope ur ok. I couldnt identify what color light it was so i took a pic of the box opened out, maybe u can tell me :popcorn:
Halogens staying in their box from now on
Should i take the soket from the clones and place it in vegging instead? that wud mean no light for clones... is that safe to do so?

here the pic of the box of bulbs im using now
25012009407.jpg

How long since the clones were cut? Right before they start to root they usually start to yellow as the clone is using its stored nutrients to produce roots. This can be 7-21 days after they were cut.

The clones in the BLUE cups wer taken around 11pm on 18th Jan
The clones in the volvic cut outs wer taken around mid day on 20th Jan

:smokin::peace:

gotta have some light for the clones, little one are afraid of the dark. lol.
I would think with the clone timeline you stated they should be yellowing up a bit particularly at the bottoms. Its probably a good thing. Your clones are REALLY big compared to the ones I do, they may take longer but I'm not sure.
Couldnt tell from the box, what spectrum the bulbs are, maybe call the store and ask them?

I may have made a mistake with my ROOTED CLONE,
i was worried WHEN i saw some of the tips of the plant having dried out abit and why the soil kept remaining moist even tho i was not watering,
infact the last time i watered her was like a week ago when i found out i over waterd so i decided to let the water dry out,but the soil was still moist after a week so i took it out of the pot to investigate the drainage and the plants roots to see if i can identify any problems, i did my best to not break any roots but just a few small tips of the roots were lost whilst i carried out this operation.
I washed the roots to get rid of the soil to reveal all of the roots, heres how it looks like
27012009408.jpg

heres a update on what things look like now once i replace it in its soil
27012009409.jpg

Did i do something wrong?

Im planning to reduce the amount of light it recieves from 18hr light to around 14, giving them 10hr darkness to allow them to grow faster (aparently from what i've read they grow more in the dark)

:bong::peace:

update: i've changed a few things around again heres what im talking bout (these pics were taken on 4/02/09... ill post newer ones when i get back home.
04022009418.jpg

Update on clones
04022009421.jpg

Update on sprout. I dropped the spray bottle on it and it snapped lol, if its still alive i dunno but i did my best to bring it back to life, stuk toothpick to hold it up right, the little brown stain u see in the pic below is where it snapped
04022009420.jpg

Alright man. This is a late response but better than none. Read it word for word. I'll try to keep it basic as growing a plant for the first time can be a lot to learn. So take all of this advice in good faith, i'm just trying to help.

First off, take that blue CFL you have hanging down to the lower plants and exchange it for the red one over the fish tank, since your clones need blue light. When you want to light clones or any plant in vegetation mode you use the blue spectrum of lighting or COOL is what they call it in their advertising on the box. The red/orange lights you have at the top of your grow room are more red and help for flowering when you go 12/12. You can even use a mix of the two since you seem to have so many. You can grow with just warm (red) light for the whole cycle but plants will become stretchy and more branch = less buds.

If you're on a budget or just don't want to go with the higher powered HPS/MH/LED/PLASMA(lol) lights. Then try to pick up AT LEAST one 45w CFL that is equivalent to >200w incandescent (3000 lumens) PER PLANT. The 11w versions you bought could be used as supplemental side lighting but you wont get a very large (i'd say a goblin at best) plant with such a low lumen output if you plan to use the 11w alone.

CFL and tube flourescents dont get very hot, at least not in one spot, so try to keep them as close to your plants as possible. For the clones i would keep a 42w at about a foot and a half and a vegging/flowering plant no more than 3 inches away. Your little 11w would need to be a little closer to the clones and nearly touching a plant in veg/flower mode. Successful gardens need 5000+ Lumens/65+watts per sq foot. . Your little 500 lumen lights dont even scratch the sun you're trying to simulate.

Take the glass you have over the fish tank and make about a 3/4 inch crack all along one of the edges to vent some of that moisture. Glass is notorious for boxing in moisture and while that may be a good thing, you have WAY too much, almost swamp mucky.

As for your light schedule, keep it at 24/0, that is 24 light and 0 dark. Or you can go with an 18/6, some people say it grows more in 24hours of light and other say that 18/6 gives the plants a break and that they grow more in the dark. Either way, you should never go under 18 hours of light until you are ready to flower. For a seed you need to wait for it to show sex before you flower it under 12/12. For a rooted clone, the plant will nearly double in size when you put the lights at 12/12 (this also depends on the strain of your seed), so figure out how large you want your plants based on this.

If you read all that, then you're already a better grower. Good luck.

Back
Top Bottom