My First Grow - Jack Herer Auto Fem - 250W CFL

I was gonna ask what your humidity was. The leaves have some rippling going on, which is usually a sign of the plant cells swelling because they can't get rid of some of the moisture. Your humidity isn't crazy high, but it is a little higher than you'd like.

It doesn't look like she is showing sex yet. It's hard to tell from the picture, but all I see is nodal formations and stipules. When it starts to show sex you will see a calyx with two tiny white hairs (pistils) emerging. If it is male you will start to see multiple calyx like balls form. Your auto should be female, but your mystery plant could be either. Mystery shouldn't really show until you switch lighting to 12/12, and if it is a male, you want to get rid of it ASAP so it doesn't pollinate your JH

I was gonna ask what your humidity was. The leaves have some rippling going on, which is usually a sign of the plant cells swelling because they can't get rid of some of the moisture. Your humidity isn't crazy high, but it is a little higher than you'd like.

It doesn't look like she is showing sex yet. It's hard to tell from the picture, but all I see is nodal formations and stipules. When it starts to show sex you will see a calyx with two tiny white hairs (pistils) emerging. If it is male you will start to see multiple calyx like balls form. Your auto should be female, but your mystery plant could be either. Mystery shouldn't really show until you switch lighting to 12/12, and if it is a male, you want to get rid of it ASAP so it doesn't pollinate your JH

Is there anything I can do to regulate humidity a bit better?

Dehumidifier is about all I know to reduce humidity. There might be a DIY way to do it. I'll do a little digging.

Do you have an exhaust hooked up to a carbon filter? It is always humid outside where I live and my filter kills the humidity in my room.

Dehumidifier is about all I know to reduce humidity. There might be a DIY way to do it. I'll do a little digging.

Do you have an exhaust hooked up to a carbon filter? It is always humid outside where I live and my filter kills the humidity in my room.

I do not yet, working on that. I currently just leave the door cracked. I just read charcoal is a great dehumidifier.

discovered today that my 8000 BTU portable A/C unit has a dehumidifier mode.. cranked that thing up because the charcoal wasn't doing squat. Was nearly 80% RH when I woke up this AM after lights off.

Morning all i'm in desperate need of help! My kids aren't looking good at all. Guelah seems to have a calcium deficiency of some sort, I watered yesterday with 1tsp lime per qt water and watered until it ran very well from the bottom.

The jack herer appears to have a nitrogen def? As its yellowing from the bottom up. I top dressed with a little bit of 5-3-3 Organic Fertalizer as I haven't ammended this base soil with anything. It's currently just Peat/Worm Castings/Compost/Perlite.

Am I wrong here, what's going on!? please help! :( THey're sick and I feel helpless. Guelah is getting worse by the day and its started to spread to other leaves over night since water with lime.

I did a soil PH test and it seemed to be ok.

Guelah:
2015-05-15_06_20_19.jpg

2015-05-15_06_19_47.jpg

2015-05-15_06_19_59.jpg

Jack herer:
2015-05-15_06_20_06.jpg

I do have extremely hard water.. I have to use salt pellets to soften. It comes from a well. This is probably my issue. i'm going to hit walmart this morning and buy some RO or Distilled water to start watering my plants with.. I probably have some kind of lockout would be my guess.

Do I flush a gallon or so through when I get home? Even though I just watered yesterday and its still very wet.

no one? :( Some people start a post and 50 dudes line up to sub and help.. I get one person willing to help me.. think this is my last post. Please close this thread mods.

no one? :( Some people start a post(girls) and 50 dudes line up to sub and help.. I get one person willing to help me.. think this is my last post. Please close this thread mods.

Give it time brother. You gotta remember people are on different time zones.

I wake up and have over 50 journals/threads to sort through. I'm sure others are even more than that.

When you say your soil pH was ok, what was the number? Did you check the pH of the water before watering and the run off? If so, what were those values.

I would stop using your well water and purchase Spring Water or RO water. If using RO water, you will need to eventually supplement Cal-Mag as well

When you say your soil pH was ok, what was the number? Did you check the pH of the water before watering and the run off? If so, what were those values.

I would stop using your well water and purchase Spring Water or RO water. If using RO water, you will need to eventually supplement Cal-Mag as well

I've been waiting for days brother for someone to help me, and its gotten much worse since i tried to fix it leaving me to believe that its def a water issue.. I don't have access to RO water so purchased Distilled. The leaves started to curl really bad like nute lock outs.. I don't have a # just a color tester as seen in one of my earlier posts. I have a meter on the way will be here tomorrow.. I ordered one a month ago but had to get a refund as it never showed up..

my well water is so hard it leaves red stains on the tub/toilet/etc.. My plant was just watered yesterday with some lime but the situation only got worse.. leaves started curling up, and just looking really sad. I immediatley ran 1 gallon of distilled water through it when I got home and will let it dry out before doing anything else. The little one also got a nice healthy drink of distilled water today.

The soil is supersoil so they shouldn't be having these issue so early either(at least in my understanding) so it really makes me think PH/Water Nute lockout issues after i studied more while waiting for a response. I do apprecite your help dan, you're the only one that's tried since i posted any questions.

I think a couple weeks of watering with just the distilled water will do wonders.. at least i hope so. we'll see since I'm going on just what I can find on the internets.

I've been waiting for days brother for someone to help me

I only saw this issue on the post that you posted here today. I don't make it to the FAQ's very often anymore.

I think without a calibrated pH pen, we are only making guesses. But it seems like you are on the right track with it being a pH issue. Lime helps to raise soils pH, so if you pH was already high from hard water, then the lime would've made things worse. When you test your waters pH what does it register at?

I only saw this issue on the post that you posted here today. I don't make it to the FAQ's very often anymore.

I think without a calibrated pH pen, we are only making guesses. But it seems like you are on the right track with it being a pH issue. Lime helps to raise soils pH, so if you pH was already high from hard water, then the lime would've made things worse. When you test your waters pH what does it register at?

I originally asked for help on this issue in the same post about the humidity.. no big deal, you're the only one who comes by to help anyway brother.. and again its very much appreciated.

Well, I did some searching and found the water test from when I bought my place..

Raw Wtr: CaCo3=7 Mn=.3 Fe=.2 TDS=110, pH=7.5
Prod Wtr: CaCo3=0 mn=0 Fe=0 TDS=130, pH=7.5

so not sure what the difference is there. This was also about 4 years ago. How much of the salt do you imagine stays in the water after its filtered through the salt pellets?

So that either way is to high of PH.. the 6-6.5 of distilled water should help.. may have found the culprit.

I don't think salt is your issue. That pH is way too high! And then if Dolomite was added it would raise it even more.

Get a proper pH pen and adjust your water/feeds to a correct pH range and you will see a dramatic improvement. PH should be 5.8 for hydro and 6.5 for soil.

Hi Bassclef. I come by and have been following your grow. I dont feel I am qualified to help with most issues, because Im not ashamed to say that I am a total nooblet. Ive been a grower for a whopping 38 days. lol For me personally, I just feel its best if I let the more experienced people help and not muddy the water by giving what I might think is good advice but what might actually be more harm than good. That way I learn stuff too. :blushsmile:

I can suggest, though, that you might post in threads that interest you and of people you think are great growers. Dont be shy. I can see you have a link in your siggie to your journal, which is how I found you. There are hundreds of journals and thousands of threads. Its easy for a single thread to be overlooked, not by malice or lack of interest, but simply by the volume of posts each day.

We all love our babies and when they are not well, I can understand how frustrating it is to not know enough to help them. Youll get her through it and I can attest that UltraDan is a fine friend to have your corner to help you.

I don't think salt is your issue. That pH is way too high! And then if Dolomite was added it would raise it even more.

Get a proper pH pen and adjust your water/feeds to a correct pH range and you will see a dramatic improvement. PH should be 5.8 for hydro and 6.5 for soil.

thanks brother, that probably explains why one spot over night turned into so much spreading, leaves curling, and just going south in a hurry. The gallon of distilled water i pumped through it today should help a lot i'd imagine. I'm going to keep watering with distilled water form here on out. Hopefully i can get it back in shape.. really appreciate the assistance..

Sorenna, I understand, and appreciate you coming by :) was just frustrated i wasn't getting a single response in days to the problem.. and in turn started guessing myself and only making it worse.. typical noob, doing typical noob things ya know!

Back
Top Bottom