Poorman's 1st Grow Auto CFL - Jack Herer

Svskiler

Hello everyone I'm new here and I just joined the 420 Magazine community. I had the growing thought on my mind for a long time and now I decided to finally give it a try.I decided going autos cause Im hoping to have the stuff ready for the summer.

Alright so the thing is this is a super budget grow where space is very tight.

The Strain in Auto Jack Herer ( tribute to The Hemperor :thumb: ) and Im growing it in 5 Liter pots.(4 of them)
The grow tent is 1.3 x 1.3 x 2.6 feet and I know this is emberassing but i got the tent for 30$.
For the grow lights I have 4 x 45W daylight CFLs and 2 x 23W warmlight CFLs( for the moment ).
Soil is BioBizz Light Mix , nothing added.
For ventilation I got one big PC cooler that is extracts and a smaller one for intake.

For the whole thing I invested like 150$ top including everything from seeds to nutes.

So here they are, in their 3rd day of life , since they sprouted. I know they're a little stretched but I was afraid at first not to burn them.

One thing thats concerning me is the light fixture i made... you can see that is duct-taped because that's how I know to do things. Im good at wiring and electrical circuits but I need to find a way to position the lights in a better way, If you have any ideas feel free to reply.
I do need something that can be done with the actual pipe I have the bulbs sticked to so i can hang it in the tent.
Here's the actual thing.

Duct tape doesn't matter, it doesn't have to look pretty, but it does have to be SAFE, and you want to take every step possible to eliminate the risk of the lights falling onto your plants. It can easily break a stem and kill a plant.

If you can, it would help a ton to spread your bulbs across two of these bars, with each bar sitting over 2 pots. That will help spread the light evenly so the plants aren't all growing towards one central location.

Keep the lights 3-6" away from the seedlings, any further and the stems stretch out too much and can cause the plant to fall over.

I have seen people use wire racks from ovens, shelves, and things like that, and used them to attach their lights to. Just make sure all live wires are secure, since the rack will conduct electricity, and you don't want to risk shock, or electrocution.

This is a great general guide to help out in your first grow: How to Grow Marijuana Everything You Need to Know

And when you're ready to try training to increase yield, check out this topic which specifically covers aggressive training techniques in depth: How To: Bend and top your way to a 1 pound monster

Hell yeah , I didnt think about using wire racks. Sounds like a really good ideea. I'm gonna try and find something like that.

Hell yeah , I didnt think about using wire racks. Sounds like a really good ideea. I'm gonna try and find something like that.

You're only limited by your imagination :rollit: Smoke a little of your preferred strain, and just sit and think about it for a bit, I'm sure you'll come with a few different ways to make a nice light rack.

Here's a link to a post showing what one of the members here did. He used some type of oven rack for his lights, which I thought was pretty cool, since the grid made by the wire making up the rack gave you tons of spots, as well as methods to attach the lights: 2nd Grow - CFL's - Exodus Cheese - LST/SCROG - Advice Always Welcome!

Did some meditation on that just like you said ( :smokin: ) and Im gonna get some Y splitters and a wire rack. I think some good stuff is gonna come out of it . Thanks for the advice :thanks:

So here I am with the WEEK 2 update . The plants are 14 day old today.
Here's how they look:

image21624.jpg
image21627.jpg
image21626.jpg

As you can see the last 2 plants are smaller than the first and the second plant is almost 2 times smaller than the biggest.
What could cause this? Should I start feeding them with BioGrow from BioBizz?

So this is 1 month and it looks like s**t . Im still trying to save this one. Its in flower now and I used fish mix and bio bloom from biobizz in low dosage to use them to it. But looks like tip of the leafs are yellowing and drying out. Is this defficiency or to much nutrient? Water ph is alright.

image23151.jpg

Hope all is well in your world.

Is this grow still alive?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom