My first grow, need a little direction

Budwiserish

420 Member
Hi, my seeds (autoflowers) have finally arrived but the weather's playing spoilsport. Its raining, pretty windy and hardly any sun. So just to test the conditions i germinated a few regular seeds, just some from the stash i was smoking
IMG_20190625_211521.jpg
IMG_20190705_154956.jpg
and put em in small pots. theres is one about 2 weeks old, haven't done much except water it , the rain does most of it and its looking fairly healthy but i dont know you tell me, pics are attached. 1)would autos be more delicate and is this normal growth for a 2 - 21/2 week old plant?

i'm going with 3 gallon fabric pots but for the medium i'm slightly confused if I should go for a perlite, vermiculite, coco, in equal parts or should i go with some premix soil and then throw in perlite. 2)Since i intend on feeding a 3 part nutrient, will it cause a nutrient burn if i use soil?

The soil available here have a few nutrients some organic manure like cow dung, neem cake, etc. 3)Will fish amino acid with organic jaggery or sea weed extract with humic acid with plant extracts, work as amendments along with bone meal? Those are what I could find here.

I plan to grow it in my balcony and I get about 6-7 hours of direct sunlight and nice crosswinds with fair amount of nice light throught 13 hours in total. 4)Is that sufficient to get a decent yield or should i supplement it with CFL, also the weather is shit now, and it will be for a while, temps are 20 deg to 30 deg C humidity about 75%, the climate here is described as hot semi-arid bordering with tropical wet and dry. its the monsoons here now. any options here or do i have to wait? (so much waiting)

That's about it for now will be back with more head chewing noob questions, thanks guys and girls

To benefit with autos 20/4 light schedule is key. even13 hours of decent indoor lighting would still not give you a great yield sad to say. cfl's are ok for getting seedkings moving but do not provide enough photons to feed them even with the few sun hours top up. With the bagseed , it is highly likely that it cane from a hermied plant to end up in your stash. this will without doubt produce another hermie plant and screw up any females within the area when it releases pollen if sacs are missed in flower. Scrap them and save yourself some heatache mate. grab a great light from Mars Hydro ( sponsor here) they are having a summer sale and their sp and st series of lights are phenomenal. Very good value and are killing it in the grows here.( check my current grow in my signiture for the proof of their capabities ) They are in the middle of a summer give away sale too so you could grab a great bargain. There is link in my signature for their rep here @SmokeSara . She could advise you on the perfect one for your space available on an indoor grow. Your autos will need decent ligjt or tou will be wasting your efforts for a very dissapointing yield and bud development. Hate to put a downer on it but would hate to see you lose confidence and give up before you have had a real chance to see what you can achieve. Welcome to the 420 community mate. have a look around a few grow journals here to het a feel for what i mean about enough light ect... No amount of great soil/nutes/additives will touch the benefit of proper light . This isnt a sales pitch by any means , i assure you but i think you will find similar responses from other members too. hope this doesnt dishearten you but supports you to avoid the bagseed dissapointment and risk to your female plants. peace and blessings

To benefit with autos 20/4 light schedule is key. even13 hours of decent indoor lighting would still not give you a great yield sad to say. cfl's are ok for getting seedkings moving but do not provide enough photons to feed them even with the few sun hours top up. With the bagseed , it is highly likely that it cane from a hermied plant to end up in your stash. this will without doubt produce another hermie plant and screw up any females within the area when it releases pollen if sacs are missed in flower. Scrap them and save yourself some heatache mate. grab a great light from Mars Hydro ( sponsor here) they are having a summer sale and their sp and st series of lights are phenomenal. Very good value and are killing it in the grows here.( check my current grow in my signiture for the proof of their capabities ) They are in the middle of a summer give away sale too so you could grab a great bargain. There is link in my signature for their rep here @SmokeSara . She could advise you on the perfect one for your space available on an indoor grow. Your autos will need decent ligjt or tou will be wasting your efforts for a very dissapointing yield and bud development. Hate to put a downer on it but would hate to see you lose confidence and give up before you have had a real chance to see what you can achieve. Welcome to the 420 community mate. have a look around a few grow journals here to het a feel for what i mean about enough light ect... No amount of great soil/nutes/additives will touch the benefit of proper light . This isnt a sales pitch by any means , i assure you but i think you will find similar responses from other members too. hope this doesnt dishearten you but supports you to avoid the bagseed dissapointment and risk to your female plants. peace and blessings

Hey man thanks for the reply. It was helpful but mildly disheartening, hence the delayed reply. The bag seeds were just to see the weather conditions, a practice run I have no intentions of keeping them. As far as the lights go it will just cost me a lot as the shipping will almost double the price, I'm in India. Im just waiting for the weather to clear up. I got my pots, soil mix, nutes everything is ready. Say if I want to start the auto seedlings indoors how much watts of light will it need?

Hey man thanks for the reply. It was helpful but mildly disheartening, hence the delayed reply. The bag seeds were just to see the weather conditions, a practice run I have no intentions of keeping them. As far as the lights go it will just cost me a lot as the shipping will almost double the price, I'm in India. Im just waiting for the weather to clear up. I got my pots, soil mix, nutes everything is ready. Say if I want to start the auto seedlings indoors how much watts of light will it need?
Sorry mate didnt intend to dishearten you , just didnt want to see you put so much in for no return. The lights indoor will be what makes or breaks a sucessful grow. If using HPS then 400w min on 20/4 light cycle for entire crop. This will give them all the light they need to flourish. Tou can use less powerful but the yield and quality wouldnt be the same. If the plan is to use daylight then indoors as it gets darker , then ideally ,a full spectrum Led Light would do it well too. Mars Hydro sponsoe here and you get a good discount for being 420 members. if you use the link in my signiture for mars and ask @SmokeSara for her advice on an ideal one.for your size , i am sure she will be able to find a supplier to India maybe. Worth a go mate.
good luck

I am here, feel free to let me know the quesiton, and needs :green_heart:
For the led light wattage you will need, here is a clue:
During seedling or gemenization: 20w/sft is enough
During veg; 30~40w/sft
During flowering: 40~50w/sft.
Hope this will helps. This is only for LED grow light, not for HPS or other lights. ;)

Back
Top Bottom