My First Grow - Using 150 Watt HPS Only

Artopex

So this is my first time doing this.

I'll be growing 1 or 2 plants (Bubba Kush) for my own use.

This is my equipment :

tent : Aviditi PTU-70 Mylar Reflective Hydroponic Grow Tent, 35-Inch Wide by 35-Inch Deep by 78-Inch High

Light : 150w HPS Sun system

ventilation : iPower GLFANXINL4FILT4MD8C Carbon Filter and Inline Fan Combo, 4-Inch 175 cfm

My nutes :

soil : Promix with Perlite
Vegetative : Canna Bio Vega
Flowering : Sensi bloom

If you have any advice to give me plz be my guest.

IMG_1479_zps7e3f7e98.jpg

IMG_1477_zps3d2c2893.jpg

IMG_1478_zps550f81d5.jpg

IMG_1480_zpsec1ebe3d.jpg

IMG_1484_zps56e7cb51.jpg

IMG_1483_zps0e153a4f.jpg

Looking at the pictures I realised that one of the stem is purple compared to the other one, is that a normal thing ?

hey chap, looking good again a similar setup to my own, just coming to the end of my first grow few more wks and i'm done, few tips for growing in soil dont rush the nutes your do more harm than good wait till they are 3-4 nodes big, as the soil will give them everything they will need for now, PH testing is a must, i have found 6.5 perfect for them, and as your girls are a bit leggy give them a splint to hold them up right, also to help a light wobble from the fan will really help the stems harden up,

goodluck with it their is a wealth of knowledge on this site and a wanting for people to have great grows so dont be shy in asking questions even if u think its silly someone will have an answer for u, :goodjob:

Thx for the advice !
There is indeed a fan that you don't see that is running 24/7 to help them.
I was not sure about starting the nutes now, but I followed what canna said on their website. Can't wait to put them in my tent !!!!

I had same with advanced nutrients jungle juice that I use and if u see how bad mine got before I seeked help but with the right help your get a good grow check out my journal and see how my girls look now,

Subscribed. I recommend you do not use any nutrients until your plants are 4-5 inches tall and have 5 nodes of growth then start them on 1/4 strength nutrients. you want pH 5.8 for hydroponic and soiless (peat moss and coco coir) and pH 6.5 for soil.

here is a nutrient availability chart

pH_chart7.jpg

here is a cannabis leaf deficiency chart

cannabis_leaf-deficiencies31.jpg

here is the Cannabis Plant and Pest Problem Solver and the Plant Abuse Chart

Cannabis Plant and Pest Problem Solver - Pictorial

Plant Abuse Chart

Thx for the nutes info.

My other concern is that my tent is exhausting inside the room instead of outside. Will this create a lot of moisture considering that there is only 2 plants ?
there is an air exchanger in the condo.
Should I buy a dehumidifier ?

Thx for the nutes info.

My other concern is that my tent is exhausting inside the room instead of outside. Will this create a lot of moisture considering that there is only 2 plants ?
there is an air exchanger in the condo.
Should I buy a dehumidifier ?

Do you have a temperature and humidity gauge you can get a reading from in your room or grow area? You want 70°-90° Fahrenheit and 50%-70% humidity for vegetative growth and 30%-50% humidity for flowering. I am used to growing more plants that generate more humidity and venting outside. With the winter months humidity indoors usually decreases.

I'm also a new grower, or will be in about a week. One thing I noticed was you said you had a 150w hps light. You might want to consider upgrading to at least a 400w hps/mh system.

I'm also a new grower, or will be in about a week. One thing I noticed was you said you had a 150w hps light. You might want to consider upgrading to at least a 400w hps/mh system.

150 watts hps - 16000 lumens is more than enough for 1-2 plants.
I need 5000 lumens per sqare foot. And Hps for the whole Growth works pretty well after reading so many threads here.
Where do you get your infos ?

hey bro, very nice equip, im new at this too but i am almost sure seedlings with 1 weak age don't need any nuts yet. good luck.

Good thing my nutes are organic and did no damage but I'm so eager to see the final results and smoke it !!!:tokin:

150 watts hps - 16000 lumens is more than enough for 1-2 plants.
I need 5000 lumens per sqare foot. And Hps for the whole Growth works pretty well after reading so many threads here.
Where do you get your infos ?

Everything I've read about growing thus far says that a 400w hps/mh is good for a 3ft square area it just strikes me that a 150w setup will not give you the coverage you need later on as your plants mature and grow. Just an observation.

Back
Top Bottom