My First Grow!

Thanks for checking in all! I am finishing up my first year as an adult college student, so things have been very hectic here lately. But, here is a quick update; The hermie got chopped. I thought about it alot, and decided not to risk ruining my other females, and It turned out to be a really good decesion. I inspected each branch as I was manicuring it, and almost every single one had huge, nearly mature pollen sacs beneath each bud. I was about a day away from getting a tent full of seeds.

Xlr8, you had a great idea, and it was what I was originally planning on doing, but my plants grew in very close to each other, so getting them all would have been almost impossible. So, I dried out my waaay immature buds, and got 28g dry!!! Granted, it is immature hermie bud, but it is still infinitely better than the shwag you get off the street. I wish I could have let it go, but my other two plants were in mid-late flower by the time the hermie was just getting done stretching.

It is definitely true what they say about hermies; tall, lanky, late-flowering. I do wish I could have let it go, because the buds I did get off of it are fire, and would have been waaaay improved with just a little more time.

So, I have been fighting some nutrient deficiency issues for the last couple of weeks. The leaves on my one plant have all turned a deep purple, and the leaves on my sativa are showing signs of deficiency. Some have said that this type of thing is normal in late flower. I will get pictures up later tonight. The purple one is nearly done, but the one in front seems like it has a couple more weeks.

One thing is definitely for sure; I will be using verified genetics on my next grow.

:rollit:

Thanks for checking in all! I am finishing up my first year as an adult college student, so things have been very hectic here lately. But, here is a quick update; The hermie got chopped. I thought about it alot, and decided not to risk ruining my other females, and It turned out to be a really good decesion. I inspected each branch as I was manicuring it, and almost every single one had huge, nearly mature pollen sacs beneath each bud. I was about a day away from getting a tent full of seeds.

Xlr8, you had a great idea, and it was what I was originally planning on doing, but my plants grew in very close to each other, so getting them all would have been almost impossible. So, I dried out my waaay immature buds, and got 28g dry!!! Granted, it is immature hermie bud, but it is still infinitely better than the shwag you get off the street. I wish I could have let it go, but my other two plants were in mid-late flower by the time the hermie was just getting done stretching.

It is definitely true what they say about hermies; tall, lanky, late-flowering. I do wish I could have let it go, because the buds I did get off of it are fire, and would have been waaaay improved with just a little more time.

So, I have been fighting some nutrient deficiency issues for the last couple of weeks. The leaves on my one plant have all turned a deep purple, and the leaves on my sativa are showing signs of deficiency. Some have said that this type of thing is normal in late flower. I will get pictures up later tonight. The purple one is nearly done, but the one in front seems like it has a couple more weeks.

One thing is definitely for sure; I will be using verified genetics on my next grow.

:rollit:

Hay Smokey, I have a White Russian that just turned purple after 60 days in flower... I don't think that purple will hurt you any ;)

Lookin forward to the pictures :grinjoint:

Is this grow still alive?

If so, please update us with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read the photo gallery tutorial:
Photo Gallery Guide - How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

I am moving this to abandoned journals until we get updates.

Thanks and hope all is well in your world!

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine!

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom