My First Grow

SmoothTalker

this is my first grow. these little babies are around 4 weeks old. just curious as to how you think my progress is going.

(btw, first post ever!) :thumb:

Mrligh.jpg

NFYkxh.jpg

uGf7Wh1.jpg

Pw58Jh.jpg

Thanks!

Great looking first grow! I think your progress is looking good thus far, very healthy indeed. Any idea what the strain is? What kind of lights are you using? What's the soil and are you planning on using any nutrients? Excited to see how this grow goes for you.

Great looking first grow! I think your progress is looking good thus far, very healthy indeed. Any idea what the strain is? What kind of lights are you using? What's the soil and are you planning on using any nutrients? Excited to see how this grow goes for you.

The strain is what my friend calls "b2," a supposed hybrid of NYSD and some sort of Afghan. (not entirely sure if that is accurate)

As for lights, I have 6 cfl's of varying temperatures under a reflector hood, in about a 4X4 closet lined with mylar.

And for nutes, I went with the Fox Farms Trio.

Welcome to :420: smooth........ Everything looks great... Please make sure you've given all aspects of grow... We are nosey here?.... Is it all soil or hydro?. What types of cfls are you using?.. How many girls do you got there?.. Are you going to use LST for them?...anyways you get it......goodluck my man it seems great so far...:hippy:

Welcome to :420: smooth........ Everything looks great... Please make sure you've given all aspects of grow... We are nosey here?.... Is it all soil or hydro?. What types of cfls are you using?.. How many girls do you got there?.. Are you going to use LST for them?...anyways you get it......goodluck my man it seems great so far...:hippy:

Hehe not to worry. The plants are growing in a soil medium, I just went to my local garden shop and got a bag of organic soil (didnt want the hassle of ordering online.) with that, I mixed in a bag of Perlite. They are sitting in 5 gall buckets (as of a week ago, the amount of growth since then is astonishing.)

I am going to make an attempt at LST on one of them (there are 2 total, (growing in a small space and first grow :D)) This way, if I screw one up, I still have another available to fall back on.

And for the lights, there are 4 1400J "pure daylight" bulbs, and 2 1200J "total spectrum" bulbs.

Any advice to make this a successful grow would be greatly appreciated! thanks :D

Well smooth I'll tell yah I usually start my first LST bending with complete second leaf set.... So it's maybe 3" tall only...then POW... your off and tying... I use copper wire in the beginning to shape my girls for further branching straight up with the main stock horizontal....drill holes Into all sides of your 5gal and tie her up...alittle more bending everyday...I wil do it to every girl I grow from now on....in soil that is....goodluck my man :ciao:

With the looks of it they are small still...are you sure of the age?....look alittle younger...anyways no bend them now my man for the next 2 weeks..and keep tying down the branches too.... More branches up are more top colas.....they look ready for it... Are you nuting now?

here are some updated photos. again, germination started Sept 1. not sure if they are still looking small to you guys or not.

the pics are 2 sets of 3, in order. (for each plant, also note, the leafs on the second pic are not brown, simply an illusion from the shot)

the first set of pics "plant 2," is obviously much more advanced than "plant 1"
overall, i am fairly satisfied with the results (just over a month old)

however, on the first plant, i have noticed some browning around the edges of the leaves. they have both been getting the same amount of nutes and light. no idea why one would have signs of nute-burn and the other not. but hey!

per some previous guidance here, i decided to do some LST. as you can see on "plant 2" this is definitely paying off, as the plant is sprawling and has multiple nodes from each branch. the first plant is taking to the LST as well, but again, it is not moving as fast as the first.

let me know if you have any advice, thanks!

~Smooth~

I3DPb.jpg

xOXqb.jpg

uQRyi.jpg

I3DPb.jpg

dPQap.jpg

NLR6G.jpg

Is this grow still alive?

If so, please update us with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read the photo gallery tutorial:
Photo Gallery Guide: How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

I am moving this to abandoned journals until we get updates.

Thanks and hope all is well in your world!

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine!

Back
Top Bottom