My first journal

yeah cocojoe i was doing a little searching 600w should do the job,but i have no mylar just to expensive for me right now.. if i dont use it will i see a significant lost in yield you think?

Well mylar can help alot, but yield lost will not be that great. The 600W gives loads of light. Get the mylar when you can. :peace:

Pay more attention to CocoJoe's replies than mine, he has more xp than me. I didn't realize I was contradicting his advice.
Loch

thanks for the tips guys:smokin: i'll just wait to see if i get any female's then go from there.. i'd really hate to go buy a 600w hps when i have a 1000w hps, but i just think the 1000w going to be to hot.. as for my 400w mh i looking for a conversion bulb..

beckernova, lower the light to about 8-12 inches off the top of the plants and get an oscillating fan blowing on the plants and light. being it is a 400wt light it can be much closer to the plants. The fan will help the plant stems become stronger, which you will need to carry the weight of the buds. You can use a 1000wt HPS if you have the clearances and fans blowing for heat reduction. All clearances for a 1000wt HID HPS lamp w/reflector are to be sixteen inches (16") from ceiling, walls and anything that may ignite.
I run 1000wt lights and love 'em.
Loch is right on the money! +rep Good advice and good friend +rep!
Great start and :welcome: to the Grow Journals.

little update-day 24 from seeds.. everything seems fine so far... noticing a little more growth underneath.. i might give them a couple more weeks then im putting them in flowering..

first pic is my little hydro project she seems to be fine,but the color of the leaves dont look right to me.. please chime in if u think something wrong with this plant..
1-24_008.jpg

roots are starting to show
1-24_002.jpg

family photo..
1-24_001.jpg

1-24_009.jpg

no growth yet on this one for some reason.
1-24_007.jpg

1-24_005.jpg

1-24_004.jpg

Nice looking grow. :popcorn:

If a plant is not showing much growth I would probably wait a little before topping otherwise they should handle it well.

hey becker, consider me tuned in for this ;)

i'm no expert, but i'd usually wait 30 days, then reduce the light 30 minutes per day, every day, until it settles at 12/12 and then i'd let it stay there throughout the flowering cycle.

good luck!

i was just thinking, if i top them now will it be safe to put them in flowering nexted week without stressing them to much?

I have topped at various stages of growth and flower. The latest to top is during first week of flowering. This is opinion only. I like to bend them over to, and then tie with string. Hope your a boy scout with knots because you don't want them tight on the stem. I learned that the hard way. In topping my time is at three nodes or real sets of leaves. :peace:

day 27 from seeds..
everything seems fine,i thought i would take some more pixs for ya all.. i'm kinda proud of myself for keeping my hydro project alive lol.. i just got done changing the water and gave here 60ml growbig - 75ml liquid bloom -1/4 tsp open seasme-i cup of liquid seaweed and 1/4 superthrive to 5g water ph at 5.9..

as you will see in my pixs my hydro is looking a little yellow at the bottom so after doing a little research i come to the conclusion she was a little hungry.. on the other plants well they seem to be filling out on the bottoms..

whats your thought about when should i put them in flowering? i'm only working with 8' tallest one so far is 16"..
this is my hydro look at the yellow at the bottom..
1-27_001.jpg

overall of the hydrow plant
1-27_013.jpg

roots look fine..
1-27_014.jpg

the rest is the plants in soil witch i need to buy some more to top them off b4 it gets to late..

I am personally trying (from info from other members here) out a cycle and a 1/2 about. I did 37 hrs cuz it coincided with my lights. Not sure the exact right amount, but it gives them time to grow roots and get ready for the stretch of blooming.

I wouldn't let them stretch too much during veg, fat stems carry more weight. You should look around at all the great techniques for controlling the height of your plants. LST'ing, supercropping, topping, and FIMing are some of the methods indoor grower's use. It ends up causing the plant to grow more top buds, and the top buds in a small indoor grow are your meat and potatoes for yield.

:peace: from the mountains.

:welcome: phishyphil.. what that do for the plant? i'm new to all of this... i wanna learn all i can.. i thought u just go straight to 12/12..

it might not do anything at all. i just reduce the light in that manner because i feel it's more realistic to outdoors than just instantly reducing 6 or more hours over a day. ;)

but that being said, your ladies are growing up fast, before you know it she'll be asking for the car keys :goodjob:

I am personally trying (from info from other members here) out a cycle and a 1/2 about. I did 37 hrs cuz it coincided with my lights. Not sure the exact right amount, but it gives them time to grow roots and get ready for the stretch of blooming.

I wouldn't let them stretch too much during veg, fat stems carry more weight. You should look around at all the great techniques for controlling the height of your plants. LST'ing, supercropping, topping, and FIMing are some of the methods indoor grower's use. It ends up causing the plant to grow more top buds, and the top buds in a small indoor grow are your meat and potatoes for yield.

:peace: from the mountains.

thats what i'm a little worried about is the stretch.. maybe i'll tie'em down just to be on the safe side thanks for the tip mountain..

thanks phil- i'm think i'm getting to inpatient i want to see some buds, but i understand the fact a good root system makes for a better yield..

Back
Top Bottom